Page 58 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Manning's & Oz's combined stat line when our led us to the SB 50 win:
    368-606, 60.7, 4216 yards, 19 TDs & 23 INTs 76.3 QBR https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2015.htm

Case Keenum's 2017 stats:
    325-481, 67.6, 3547 yards, 22 TDs & 7 INTs 98.3 QBR https://www.pro-football-reference.c...K/KeenCa00.htm
    This isn’t useful to refute my argument about him individually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Considering that he’s a low production guy, I’m not sure it matters.
    So you don't have rebuttal? It's kind of a valid point regardless of your opinion of his production level. You are knocking the guy because he didn't have fancy numbers in that specific game. He completed a high percentage of his passes. He runs the plays called, I guess I'm confused about how it's a negative that his coach called nothing but short yardage plays and he executed them efficiently. The times they asked him to stretch the field and produce he did.

You claim he's "low production" but I'm not sure I'd call that a fair assessment either. He started 14 games (we'll call it 15, because he played nearly a full game stats wise) so he's got one less game played than most other QB's yet he's 12th in yards, 12th in TD's only has 7 INT's. Now, I will grant you, if he regresses back to pre-2017 performance, yes, low is fair, but I guess I'm looking at this from a positive side and looking at last year as a year where he grew as a QB rather than just putting it 100 percent on the system and players.

If you want to say "average production" I think I could agree with that, but he's top 15 in almost every category despite having missed a game last year.

If we have the QB the Vikings had last year, I think we're going to be really good as long as the defense is back on track. What we have at QB right now is miles better than what we had in 2015 (as long as he performs at the same level he did last year)

Look, no one is saying he's Brees or Manning in his prime or Brady or any of them. If that's your standard for a QB, you are going to be disappointed the rest of your life, we will likely NEVER have another QB at Manning's level. But if our defense can get back to championship form, I'm ok with a top 15 QB who protects the ball and doesn't turn it over and plays at an average level of production.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 07-19-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So you don't have rebuttal? It's kind of a valid point regardless of your opinion of his production level. You are knocking the guy because he didn't have fancy numbers in that specific game. He completed a high percentage of his passes. He runs the plays called, I guess I'm confused about how it's a negative that his coach called nothing but short yardage plays and he executed them efficiently. The times they asked him to stretch the field and produce he did.

You claim he's "low production" but I'm not sure I'd call that a fair assessment either. He started 14 games (we'll call it 15, because he played nearly a full game stats wise) so he's got one less game played than most other QB's yet he's 12th in yards, 12th in TD's only has 7 INT's. Now, I will grant you, if he regresses back to pre-2017 performance, yes, low is fair, but I guess I'm looking at this from a positive side and looking at last year as a year where he grew as a QB rather than just putting it 100 percent on the system and players.

If you want to say "average production" I think I could agree with that, but he's top 15 in almost every category despite having missed a game last year.

If we have the QB the Vikings had last year, I think we're going to be really good as long as the defense is back on track. What we have at QB right now is miles better than what we had in 2015 (as long as he performs at the same level he did last year)

Look, no one is saying he's Brees or Manning in his prime or Brady or any of them. If that's your standard for a QB, you are going to be disappointed the rest of your life, we will likely NEVER have another QB at Manning's level. But if our defense can get back to championship form, I'm ok with a top 15 QB who protects the ball and doesn't turn it over and plays at an average level of production.
    Rebuttal? HOw can I rebuttal an irrelevant point? You're literally going "but those games maybe the gameplan was wrong," when the production level of the guy was low the entire season. So the entire season the gameplan was wrong?

It's not valid, and I brought up the slowdown at the end of the year because he fell off completely in the playoffs. Why is that relevant? Because when a single season is a guy's career, you don't want to see a drop off at the end of the year.

We are literally repeating arguments from TS, btw.

And yes, people here are puffing the guy up as a big time QB.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Rebuttal? HOw can I rebuttal an irrelevant point? You're literally going "but those games maybe the gameplan was wrong," when the production level of the guy was low the entire season. So the entire season the gameplan was wrong?

It's not valid, and I brought up the slowdown at the end of the year because he fell off completely in the playoffs. Why is that relevant? Because when a single season is a guy's career, you don't want to see a drop off at the end of the year.

We are literally repeating arguments from TS, btw.

And yes, people here are puffing the guy up as a big time QB.
    How does one get in the top 15 with low production? I'm confused?

Are games of
    369 with 3td, 0 INT
    288 2 TD 1 INT
    304 4 TD 2 INT
    280 1 TD 0 INT
    282 2 TD 0 INT
    277 2 TD 0 INT
    280 2 TD 2 INT (this one is icky, INT/TD-wise but still decent production)
    236 2 TD 0 INT

low production? Those are his highest production games. Yes, he had some low games as well, I get that, but you are painting him to be Trent Dilfer over here... All I'm saying is lets be fair here. Based on the way he played last year, he's average at worst in his production or slightly above average at best. He will be sufficient to win us a lot of games if the defense plays better this year and frankly, he's the best option we've had in the last three years. You want Paxton Lynch starting? Or should we trade to get Trevor back? He's an improvement and he's what we've got...

Literally no one is saying he's on the same level of Brady, Brees, Manning, ect... Quit making crap up. Even top and his orange colored homer glasses hasn't said that...

No we are not repeating anything from TS. The only thing being repeated is us trying to point out "he's better than you are giving him credit for" that's the extent of the similarities.

5. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

just my 2 cents here on production.

Minne ran the ball 30 times a game (30.4 official). 3rd highest in the league. Jacksonville and Buffalo where higher.

If you look at the stats of the guys on the teams that lead the league in rushes, he was right there with them. Im not sure you can knock the guy for producing what he did with the chances he had.

This is all trying to have an open mind about our QB situation, which is hard, considering I have little faith in the staff to make anyone usable.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

Minne ran the ball 30 times a game (30.4 official). 3rd highest in the league. Jacksonville and Buffalo where higher.

If you look at the stats of the guys on the teams that lead the league in rushes, he was right there with them. Im not sure you can knock the guy for producing what he did with the chances he had.

This is all trying to have an open mind about our QB situation, which is hard, considering I have little faith in the staff to make anyone usable.
    Exactly. And I don't think one can criticize a low production game without seeing that game.
    For instance, in his second game against Green Bay last year, Keenum threw for about 140
    yards, IIRC. His long ball seemed to have deserted him. But he still performed admirably in
    deep outs and down the middle. The running game wasn't especially clicking, either. The
    problem wasn't Keenum and the Minnesota offense. The problem was the Green Bay defense.
    Still, Keenum didn't give the ball away, and he passed for the only TD in the game by either
    side. And the Vikings won.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

9. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post

Why did they run the ball so much when they apparently had this incredible QB on their hands?

Why is being right there with Blake Bortles and Tyrod Taylor so impressive, the QB's of Jax and Buffalo? Anyone clamoring for those guys? I'm knocking the guy for average overall production because that's what he put up in his banner year, and that banner year is the only thing that props him up. I'm not sure you cannot do that, to be honest.

This isn't about trying to have an open mind - you're either the guy or you're not. If you're not the guy, you might have some nice years here and there, but ultimately you're not going to be able to put the team on your back when you're needed the most. At least not consistently, that is. When you're looking at the QB position, you don't want to have to do mental gymnastics to justify the guy.

And that's literally what this thread is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

And that's literally what this thread is.
    No, it's actually you being a douche bag.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Well.....hello, King, how's your day going? How was your week of schooling?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well.....hello, King, how's your day going? How was your week of schooling?
    He got schooled.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He got schooled.
    LoL. Sorry, King, that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He got schooled.
    F- post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

F- post.
    That was an A+ post King, and you know it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i love watching people post stats to "prove" what's going to happen next season. . .

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i love watching people post stats to "prove" what's going to happen next season. . .
    I'm not a stat guy either.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information