Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Keenum is getting a 1 year audition to see if he can be the future franchise QB. If he looks mediocre or worse, he's not going to stick around, even if the Broncos haven't drafted a QB at #5.

I guess they would have to try and trade him in 2019 if they draft a first round QB.
    It wasn't that long ago you told me that CK was here for the two years because of the cap hit. Cugel, just because you spew out every scenario at some point in time doesn't make you right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Trade Case Keenum?

JFC, I feel like I woke up in Bizaaro World.
    In 2019.

If they draft a QB at #5, then they would want that guy to start in 2019. So, they wouldn't want to pay Keenum $25 to start in 2015 or pay him that kind of money to hold a clip-board.

So, they have to try and trade him and get the team that wants him to eat some of his $10m cap hit. That might be doable, if they didn't want too much in trade for him. On the other hand they might have to eat the entire $10m cap hit because they can't work a trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah, I know what you meant.

There’s one person in the entire NFL that would trade FOR Case Keenum, unfortunately he works for the Broncos and he’s not much of a salesman.

Btw, the cap hit is the same if they trade him or cut him, his agent is pretty good, apparently.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 04-08-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Nope!
    Jaded, really Trevor S???? WTF.....I just puked, damn you ....On the real though who knows what Case will do, but I do not and will not miss TS ever, and I mean like ever, did I mention like ever ever.....Don't make me so sad again jaded...its not nice lol
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-09-2018 at 07:06 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

6. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Watch the Lions game, he completed 3 passes longer than 15-yards, iirc, and all 3 were safe outside the numbers/back shoulder throws.
    OMG, that's TERRIBLE! He made safe throws that his receivers caught for first downs. That's like criticizing a baseball player for only hitting doubles.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

8. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    OMG, that's TERRIBLE! He made safe throws that his receivers caught for first downs. That's like criticizing a baseball player for only hitting doubles.
    I wouldn’t exactly say “doubles “, more like infield singles 😆

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Interesting thing is most people given the choice between Keenum or Dak Prescott would choose Prescott in a second. But I have to say...I'm still waiting to see him throw a pass longer than 15 yards and complete it. Doesn't affect his efficiency due to a strong OL and running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I was told I was being slaughtered during the PFM and Talib signing, and all last year with TS.

In other words, I should be showed deference, you savage bully.
    In short, you predicted the sun rising in the east: "Peyton signing: good, Talib signing: good, TS starting: bad!"

The problem with drafting a QB at #5: there might not be one available at that pick who is any better than a QB they could draft later in the first round, or even the 2nd.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I just don't know how people can accept this level of production.

I mean, come on, 302 yard, 3 TDs... unacceptable...

First highlight he avoids the rush, keeps his eyes downfield, and makes a good throw to his WR for a first down. WHY GOD?!

Second, pocket collapses immediately, he steps through it and runs for first down. THE TRAGEDY!

The he hits Thielen for about 5 which Thielen turns up and makes it 12. NO! QUIT IT!

Next few, takes the safe 5 yard throws, except one where he fits it between two defenders, but he keeps the ball moving and keeps taking what the D gives him. JUST STOP!

The rest is just more of the same, he fakes handoffs and runs the other way for TDs, completes passes for firsts downs, puts his receivers in good positions... It's just unacceptable.

He's definitely no Peyton Manning, but the guy has talent. He can play, and he's far and away better than what we've had in Denver since The Sherriff retired.

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Btw, the cap hit is the same if they trade him or cut him, his agent is pretty good, apparently.
    That's normal. The Broncos would absorb a $10m cap hit if they cut him in 2019, but it is possible that a team they traded him to would pay a portion of that salary.
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-09-2018 at 10:09 AM.

I think he's going to be an adequate QB until we find a franchise QB (I don't think there will be one available to us in this draft unless we get creative) but I'm going to need to see how he does in orange and blue before I say that he's a steal...I think he was the best option available and he will improve this team. How much we improve is yet to be determined.

From a personality standpoint, I love him. He's a fan like us, he's a really cool and confident dude and he's got a great nickname (Commander Keenum) but from the football side of things, it's too early to say he's a steal for us.

17. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Interesting thing is most people given the choice between Keenum or Dak Prescott would choose Prescott in a second. But I have to say...I'm still waiting to see him throw a pass longer than 15 yards and complete it. Doesn't affect his efficiency due to a strong OL and running game.
    People would have preferred Derek Carr to Keenum prior to last season, but after last year, is Carr really better? Did he have a bad year, or did he just have a good season in 2016?

Same question that people have about Keenum after last season.

And he's proven three years in a row he's a legitimate QB. Whereas for ten less million, and two years where you can't really get rid of him you have a guy who proved he one time can be a game manager on a loaded team.

Three years isn't a long time. In fact, the criticism that I've seen around is that he took a short contract because he's greedy. And we didn't even take a run at him we went after a guy who historically isn't wanted. And that's fine, I guess. Lord I hope we take a first round QB.
    I hope the right QB is there. I don't want us taking whatever is left because we need a QB. That's an instant disaster. If we take a QB at #5, it had better the guy who is going to be a long term solution. Mayfield or Rosen, if those two are gone, take a non-QB, draft Mason Rudolph later in the draft or wait until 2019 and hope for a better QB outcome.

And he's proven three years in a row he's a legitimate QB. Whereas for ten less million, and two years where you can't really get rid of him you have a guy who proved he one time can be a game manager on a loaded team.

Three years isn't a long time. In fact, the criticism that I've seen around is that he took a short contract because he's greedy. And we didn't even take a run at him we went after a guy who historically isn't wanted. And that's fine, I guess. Lord I hope we take a first round QB.
    I am not saying that CK isn't a risk, he certainly is.

I would say however that it is unfair to label him as greedy for taking a shorter deal. The man has been a journeyman his whole career and just had a pro bowl caliber year. He would like to get paid like any other player who put up great numbers but knows he doesn't have the body of work yet so he took a short term I will prove it then you pay me deal. There is nothing wrong with nor greedy about this.

21. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I just don't know how people can accept this level of production.

I mean, come on, 302 yard, 3 TDs... unacceptable...

First highlight he avoids the rush, keeps his eyes downfield, and makes a good throw to his WR for a first down. WHY GOD?!

Second, pocket collapses immediately, he steps through it and runs for first down. THE TRAGEDY!

The he hits Thielen for about 5 which Thielen turns up and makes it 12. NO! QUIT IT!

Next few, takes the safe 5 yard throws, except one where he fits it between two defenders, but he keeps the ball moving and keeps taking what the D gives him. JUST STOP!

The rest is just more of the same, he fakes handoffs and runs the other way for TDs, completes passes for firsts downs, puts his receivers in good positions... It's just unacceptable.

He's definitely no Peyton Manning, but the guy has talent. He can play, and he's far and away better than what we've had in Denver since The Sherriff retired.
    Well, if they other team can’t get you out, infield singles win games just the same. 🤓

23. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information