Page 38 of 120 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    You guys want to stop before it gets out of hand?
    Ive stopped with him, i promise. Its no longer a discussion at this point so sorry about that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Ah, it's never out of hand between North and me, Gem. We've always done this.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    No. Unless he goes and does it for a full season, multiple times.

After his second season one could say yes with those numbers but they disappeared since then.

He was very average during the regular season this year and came alive in the playoffs. He was outstanding in the playoffs, he deserves that recognition. Very pedestrian over the 7 regular season games he played.
    Thanks Rick, and i agree with you 100%.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Jesus man, do you just want to argue?!
    He's trolling. He gets in those moods.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    He's trolling. He gets in those moods.
    Actually im really not. Lol

Im just trying to gauge at what point a QB is considered a franchise guy based on some of the comments of you guys. I can go back to trolling if you really want.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im just asking. Is that a problem or no?
    You are feisty today brother. All good.

What makes me get sharp like that is this:

No one would call Foles a franchise QB. So the question you pose is assumed as a cross-examination type dismissal. But what does franchise QB even mean? This thing is not defined, except in the loosest sense. So I see your question and think, damn, this dude just wants to stir up some controversy and get a little friction going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Actually im really not. Lol

Im just trying to gauge at what point a QB is considered a franchise guy based on some of the comments of you guys. I can go back to trolling if you really want.
    I think I prefer you that way. You make more sense. (Not that you make much, anyway.)

10. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

A few years back, I stepped into the Mane, not knowing what I was getting into. Then North
    intervened and saved me from that pack of wolves there. I'll never forget that. And I will
    always make sure to express my appreciation by telling him what a horse's ass he is . . .

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You are feisty today brother. All good.

What makes me get sharp like that is this:

No one would call Foles a franchise QB. So the question you pose is assumed as a cross-examination type dismissal. But what does franchise QB even mean? This thing is not defined, except in the loosest sense. So I see your question and think, damn, this dude just wants to stir up some controversy and get a little friction going.
    Not at all but you have to understand that my boy Top has said that if Keenum repeats having a successful year this year that he would then consider Keenum a franchise QB. Do you realize that with the Eagles as a franchise that Foles is 16-5 as starter? Now with a SB ring to which he played in? So while i would agree with you that i wouldnt consider Foles yet a franchise QB why then would Keenum having a successful season mean that he himself would be considered a franchise QB? I really dont think its unreasonable for me to ask that question when "technically" one guy has done a lot more than the other for one franchise. I really dont know why people get so bent out of shape just because i dont think the guy is necessarily the answer AT THIS MOMENT. I think (in my opinion) its going to take more than a couple of good seasons to really see if Keenum can actually be a franchise QB. Again, my opinion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Not at all but you have to understand that my boy Top has said that if Keenum repeats having a successful year this year that he would then consider Keenum a franchise QB. Do you realize that with the Eagles as a franchise that Foles is 16-5 as starter? Now with a SB ring to which he played in? So while i would agree with you that i wouldnt consider Foles yet a franchise QB why then would Keenum having a successful season mean that he himself would be considered a franchise QB? I really dont think its unreasonable for me to ask that question when "technically" one guy has done a lot more than the other for one franchise. I really dont know why people get so bent out of shape just because i dont think the guy is necessarily the answer AT THIS MOMENT. I think (in my opinion) its going to take more than a couple of good seasons to really see if Keenum can actually be a franchise QB. Again, my opinion.
    Well, I'm a big Foles fan. I should be since he's a UofA alumnus.

But there's a difference between him and Keenum (of whom I'm not nearly as big a fan,
    believe it or not). Foles played for a better team. A far better team. And still he played
    barely well enough during the year so the defense and the rest of the supporting cast
    could win the games.

Keenum had to win games. If you don't believe me, go back and watch his games. He
    played under immense pass rush pressure all year. As I mentioned, after Calvin Cook
    was injured, he had a mediocre running game by Y/A, and was regularly faced with
    long 2nd and 3rd downs.

Foles had an MVP Super Bowl. Maybe this served as a breakout point for him. I hope
    so, as his fan. But he needs more than a game.

Keenum had a breakout year. Big difference. I have far more confidence in him than
    I would have had in Foles. That's why I don't believe Keenum will tank, as opposed to
    Foles, with whom I would have been very nervous about the future.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

I'm hoping we take a QB in the first round and CK tears his ACL so we can develop the young back and be done with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    A few years back, I stepped into the Mane, not knowing what I was getting into. Then North
    intervened and saved me from that pack of wolves there. I'll never forget that. And I will
    always make sure to express my appreciation by telling him what a horse's ass he is . . .
    Thats right Greybush, never forget!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm hoping we take a QB in the first round and CK tears his ACL so we can develop the young back and be done with it.
    Never wish that.

You can hope he sucks so we develop the guy but don't wish an injury man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Nah, despite my doubts about CK he seems like a very humble and cool guy. Im more disappointed that we kept Lynch however.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Thats right Greybush, never forget!
    GreyBEARD, you turd. Graybeard!

22. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information