Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Men of logic and knowledge know when something that is shit is shit. Had CK been signed anywhere else no one here would be so optimistic for him.
    Meh. He's better than what we had and KC wasn't the answer at more money than he got from Minny. My hope is that we're taking a QB early this year and that he works out to be the franchise qb and CK truly is just a stopgap to get that guy ready.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

KC has a short contract and had a monster year with nothing around him. We have the same hope, though. I'm also just grumpy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

KC has a short contract and had a monster year with nothing around him. We have the same hope, though. I'm also just grumpy.
    He's got a 3year fully guaranteed contract for 84million. We would've had to pay more.

That's not a small, or short, contract. You're 100% married to him for three years, win or lose, as the contract is fully guaranteed.

6. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    He's got a 3year fully guaranteed contract for 84million. We would've had to pay more.

That's not a small, or short, contract. You're 100% married to him for three years, win or lose, as the contract is fully guaranteed.
    And he's proven three years in a row he's a legitimate QB. Whereas for ten less million, and two years where you can't really get rid of him you have a guy who proved he one time can be a game manager on a loaded team.

Three years isn't a long time. In fact, the criticism that I've seen around is that he took a short contract because he's greedy. And we didn't even take a run at him we went after a guy who historically isn't wanted. And that's fine, I guess. Lord I hope we take a first round QB.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Davii wins....concede Kinger while you have chance before getting slaughtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Davii wins....concede Kinger while you have chance before getting slaughtered.
    I was told I was being slaughtered during the PFM and Talib signing, and all last year with TS.

In other words, I should be showed deference, you savage bully.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I was told I was being slaughtered during the PFM and Talib signing, and all last year with TS.

In other words, I should be showed deference, you savage bully.
    I care about you, that's why I warn. I'm like the uncle you wish you had.

12. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I care about you, that's why I warn. I'm like the uncle you wish you had.
    You're the uncle who doesn't believe in me. Nomad, you're a villain!

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

You're the uncle who doesn't believe in me. Nomad, you're a villain!
    #toughlove

Btw....I do believe I you. Now, come up to alaska and we'll do some hiking and fishing

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

And he's proven three years in a row he's a legitimate QB. Whereas for ten less million, and two years where you can't really get rid of him you have a guy who proved he one time can be a game manager on a loaded team.

Three years isn't a long time. In fact, the criticism that I've seen around is that he took a short contract because he's greedy. And we didn't even take a run at him we went after a guy who historically isn't wanted. And that's fine, I guess. Lord I hope we take a first round QB.
    10 million less per year, a year less, not fully guaranteed, and we're not completely stuck if it doesn't work out. Denver was never a real possibility for KC, like it or not. Even if he was we would've been paying more than Minny paid. That wasn't an option. We got the best option that we could have this offseason. Period. I wish we could've gotten Andrew Luck, but that wasn't a possibility... so....

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    10 million less per year, a year less, not fully guaranteed, and we're not completely stuck if it doesn't work out. Denver was never a real possibility for KC, like it or not. Even if he was we would've been paying more than Minny paid. That wasn't an option. We got the best option that we could have this offseason. Period. I wish we could've gotten Andrew Luck, but that wasn't a possibility... so....
    10 Million less a year for a one hit wonder who overachieved, whose cap hit is highly prohibitive, too. Let's not act like Keenum isn't hard to get rid of, because he is. So I'd rather pay more money for a much better and more consistent QB when in reality I can't get rid of either one easily.

We got an option that is deeply flawed. That's the problem - nothing actually suggests this is a good option. He will have his high points and low points, and in the end he won't be a difference maker. We'll end up with a .500 record and then sweet talk ourselves into thinking two seasons from now we'll be where it matters with him. We bought a bunch of false hope. It was a half assed plan from the start.

Case Keenum signed a 2 year, $36,000,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $6,000,000 signing bonus, $25,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $18,000,000. In 2018, Keenum will earn a base salary of $8,000,000, a signing bonus of $6,000,000 and a roster bonus of $4,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $15,000,000 and a dead cap value of $25,000,000.
    Keenum in 2018 is earning: $8,000,000 base salary, signing bonus $3,000,000 , roster bonus $4,000,000 cap hit in 2018: $15,000,000.

Keenum in 2019 is earning: base salary: $18,000,000 signing bonus: $3,000,000 Cap hit in 2018: $21,000,000 dead cap hit: $10,000,000

So, they would take a $10m cap hit in 2019 to dump Keenum, yet it would cost $25m to keep him for 2019.

I'd say it's pretty clear they would keep Keenum and start him in 2019. He's making too much money to cut or sit. They would have to try and trade him, but that's a problem too. Teams would just wait for the Broncos to release him, just as teams waited for the Redskins to release Kirk Cousins. They tried to work out a trade but couldn't get anybody to offer.

Keenum is getting a 1 year audition to see if he can be the future franchise QB. If he looks mediocre or worse, he's not going to stick around, even if the Broncos haven't drafted a QB at #5.

I guess they would have to try and trade him in 2019 if they draft a first round QB.

We here with Keenum now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trade Case Keenum?

JFC, I feel like I woke up in Bizaaro World.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information