Page 18 of 120 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    The heels are dug in. It’s over. It’s Orton 2.0. Stats and excuses will continue to rain down even after Keenum is gone from the team. You guys realize this is a Pyrrhic victory, right? I’ve seen these same posts before for Orton and how great he was immediately after we acquired him as well as all the excuses that flew when he didn’t perform (finger on throwing hand, multiple high ankle sprains, bad Oline, receivers dropping everything, running game not working, etc.) How someone professed to be the resident expert who knew all about his past and could explain away all his faults as not truly his and any disparaging remarks were met with useless stats and straw man arguments combined with passive aggressive personal jabs about “not reading” or “not comprehending” and “putting words in my mouth”, etc, etc, etc.

Rinse and repeat.
    I know you're alluding to me. I did advocate for Orton. He was a good QB. High ankle sprains
    will diminish a QB's play. And he played most of his time here on high ankle sprains. He played
    exactly 11 games healthy, and he averaged 306 yards a game and a 96.0 passer rating, had 20
    TDs and 7 INTs (IIRC) during those 11 games.

Regarding Keenum, I did not "crown him," as one said, or make any predictions. All I did was to
    present my argument, and I had a host of facts (I was the only one) to do it with. I expressed
    my optimism regarding his coming time here while vividly stating I well could be wrong.

Regarding my comments about reading more carefully, that was only when it became obvious
    that one did not read carefully. That came when one demonstrated that they had not read my
    comments. It took a lot more effort to write my article than it would to read it. If one is going
    to become offended over that, then it shows a pretty thin skin. But I did not address it to you,
    so it would not be up to you to impose on it.

But that's what happens in a true debate. That's what I do. I win them. I always have. And
    I've made a lot of people mad in the progress. It's not that I'm such a great debater. It's that
    I have the facts before entering into a debate.

But I've learned. This is not the place for it. I'm as disappointed in this forum as Tned is, but
    for different reasons. I was with him when he opened up BF. I helped him do it. I thought it
    would be a great place for debate. I was wrong. Too many thin skins.

No more debates.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    You can be a real ass munch sometimes Jaded....Fine, you got your wish.
    What wish?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    To stroke my ego, Top, stroke it.
    I said all I'm going to say for free. From now on, it will cost you . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I said all I'm going to say for free. From now on, it will cost you . . .
    Ok, just so we’re clear the price will include a Happy Ending.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Ok, just so we’re clear the price will include a Happy Ending.
    No guarantees. Just gimme the money . . .

The bar is much higher for Cousins, but is Cousins higher? Last year's records between the two say no.
    Since everybody has decided that Keenum is trash and Cousins is awesome, this argument is hopeless, but it's true nonetheless.

I was hoping the Broncos signed Kirk Cousins, but I'm not sad they wound up with Keenum. The Vikings are unlikely to win the SB next year given that the NFC is packed with teams: Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff --- with better QBs.

The Broncos meanwhile have the second best QB in the division behind Phillip Rivers right now. Derek Carr had a bad year last year and Mahomes is a rookie. If you added Barkley or Chubb to this roster you put the team right back in the playoffs next season.

8. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Talking about debates -- this is a bit off topic, but I have to say it. The best debater I've
    ever seen on any of these boards is Broncos Mtnman. We had some real donnybrooks
    over on Broncos Country (when the mods were adults). I mean, you could tell we were
    there by the fur and feathers we left behind.

To this day, Mtnman and I remain among the best of friends, off the board as well as on.
    That is a man who has a thick skin and can give me everything I could hope to handle.

Now,

CK has one season of merit - KC has three. KC was snapped up instantly by the same team that shrugged CK away. KC put up a big season last year with nothing around him.

The notion that the record of the two respective TEAMS is noteworthy is absurd. The Vikings had a main strength of defense with an efficient, but not great offense. Again, when you have to rely an entire argument of one single season, you have to make those lines of arguments.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Since everybody has decided that Keenum is trash and Cousins is awesome, this argument is hopeless, but it's true nonetheless.

I was hoping the Broncos signed Kirk Cousins, but I'm not sad they wound up with Keenum. The Vikings are unlikely to win the SB next year given that the NFC is packed with teams: Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff --- with better QBs.

The Broncos meanwhile have the second best QB in the division behind Phillip Rivers right now. Derek Carr had a bad year last year and Mahomes is a rookie. If you added Barkley or Chubb to this roster you put the team right back in the playoffs next season.
    It is entirely possible that Jaded is 100 percent right on the topic of Keenum. But since it's a likely possibility that he'll be our QB (barring one falling to us in the draft) I'd like to at least see what happens before I write the season off..

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    CK has one season of merit - KC has three. KC was snapped up instantly by the same team that shrugged CK away. KC put up a big season last year with nothing around him.

The notion that the record of the two respective TEAMS is noteworthy is absurd. The Vikings had a main strength of defense with an efficient, but not great offense. Again, when you have to rely an entire argument of one single season, you have to make those lines of arguments.
    The argument that "Team A didn't want him, so he is crap" is such a flawed argument. Teams make mistakes and let the wrong QB go. The bucs didn't want Steve Young, The Chargers didn't want Brees. The colts let PFM walk... It is entirely possible that Keenum is freaking worthless garbage, but if he is, it has nothing to do with the Vikings wanting or not wanting him.

15. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

It is entirely possible that Jaded is 100 percent right on the topic of Keenum. But since it's a likely possibility that he'll be our QB (barring one falling to us in the draft) I'd like to at least see what happens before I write the season off..
    Exactly. What seems to have slipped by some here is that I have said just that. Thank you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

No guarantees. Just gimme the money . . .
    Do you take pesos?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Do you take pesos?
    Si. Yo amo dinero. Es un mucho gusto.

The argument that "Team A didn't want him, so he is crap" is such a flawed argument. Teams make mistakes and let the wrong QB go. The bucs didn't want Steve Young, The Chargers didn't want Brees. It is entirely possible that Keenum is freaking worthless garbage, but if he is, it has nothing to do with the Vikings wanting or not wanting him.
    Are you sure? The same team that had a stacked roster for CK replaced him willingly with CK. KC's coach, now KC's coach, stated multiple times that he was unsure about CK. So, no, I think when you have the same team and same coach and same organization ditch one guy and replace him with another, it's pretty telling. I get the point about Young, but when they traded Young he had just been voted the team's MVP. Young was also a guy who everyone knew had a ton of talent. The Young argument isn't analogous to the facts that we have here because CK certainly wasn't the team's MVP, nor does he have a ton of talent.

If CK is garbage then a big indicator of that coming to fruition would be the team that knows him the best not waiting to get rid of him. Now, you certainly could say maybe Minny thought that CK was a good QB, and that KC is a great one, that's a possibility, too. However, the argument you take issue with is just as valid as posting a bunch of outlier stats from a one year wonder and going 'see, he did pretty well so he'll do it again." Especially when that team that I'm citing to has constructed one of the best rosters in all of football.

Also the Chargers did want Brees enough to draft him, and they ended up taking another QB in the first and then made a trade for Rivers, who is going to be a borderline HoF QB. Brees shocked the world when he came back from two awful shoulder injuries. I'm not certain you can make much of a comparison to that situation and this one, either.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Write off the season?

You poor, poor folks wanna insists that I’m 100% doom and gloom because of the following: I think CK is a garbage talent, Veldheer/keeping Watson is a pathetic attempt to fix a 5 (going on 6) season issue, Todd Davis is a waste of money, trading Talib was a horrible decision and Elway has jumped the shark. Among other things, I’m sure.

Yet I’m predicting more “success” than 99% of you?

Make no mistake about this, it’s not that I’m doom and gloom, it’s that because of me you find it impossible to feel all Pollyanna about the QB that you’ve personally invested in.

So again I tell you, find the ignore button and have fun planning your parade.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information