Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1786

Thread: Why Case Keenum May Turn Out To Be The Steal Of The Century......

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Is this Bama kid? I didnt catch who actually won the award but i think the only negative on him is his size. Personally i would stay away from him as im not as confident as other people are about him but was wondering if this is who you guys are referring to.

I do not know. I do not follow college. Some kid Murray or something. He is like 5'9 but is a great thrower and runner (all from what I hvae read/heard- ive not studied him)

To that point, however....Baker mayfield was not considered a first round pick. Lamar Jackson was not. Both went first last year. Was christian ponder considered a first round pick? He went int he first. I think Andy Dalton was but I am unsure. Lots of QBs rise up come draft time. Usually a heismann winner will. Especially if he is as good at running and throwing as they say he is.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He wasn't the only one, the Jaguars absolutely would have taken him had we not...

Then again, they've got a shining history of QB's post Mark Brunell....
    This is false.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Keenum it turns out is exactly what most thought he was a journeyman vet QB that when protected with a run game and defense can get you to about 10 wins on a good year, this is provided coaching around him is competent. He isn't the long term answer, and he isn't close to elite in any sense. However, Musgrave and the play calling and play design has absolutely been a issue in Denver and anyone disagreeing with that is blind. We rarely utilize the strengths case does have, and until a couple weeks ago, we didn't even really know how to run the ball. There are a multitude of factors at play. The whole Cousins and Keenum thing is dumb to me because at this point neither team got what they expected or paid for, and both will have to hope its better next year. I think going forward you make Keenum battle by bringing in a guy like Tyrod(as an example not my choice) and draft a rookie in rd 1 or 2. You make damn sure you have a flexible OC, who knows how to balance play calling effectively as well and utilize the strengths of Keenum or a guy like Tyrod and you go for a guy like Lock or Thorston in the draft, who are proven battlers against elite competition. You make damn sure to address CB in a big way, and then stock your depth in the draft and FA. That's how we stay in the hunt without rebuilding and we develop a QB of the future the right way to boot.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Inside linebackers. Need more pass rush out of the d-line. We need tackles. Maybe another guard. If we let Paradise walk we need a new center. We need one more RB as I assume Booker is gone. We need three tight ends, another WR because we can't assume ES is going to come back full strength from that injury.

We need a quarterback. We need two corners.

I hate our rotation at DT, Wolfe and Peko are good Run stoppers but that's it. Harris is a rapidly developing and strong player and pass rusher there and Walker should be playing over Kerr and Gostis IMO.....We def need CB and safety help, but outside of Maybe a depth guy at ILB I feel were actually pretty good there. Our run stopping woes with marshall out have mostly been because of poor tackling and bad angles by secondary players in the box and outside. Marshalls weight loss had him getting washed out quite a bit early(I hope we move on from him or he bulks back up), but Jewell has been solid and Davis is playing very well. Jones seems to be good depth behind them. Stewart, Roby, Simmons haven't tackled well at all, neither has cravens, but the big defensive issue is coverage where pretty much everyone but Harris has been burned, and scheme. I also think Ray is a waste of our pass rush rotation, we should let him walk, and let Holland, and Shaq stay in the mix. Top all that off with a better scheme, we should be top 10 again....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Murray isn't entering the NFL draft, he's playing baseball.
    Looks like I was right afterall.

Hes going football.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Keenum it turns out is exactly what most thought he was a journeyman vet QB that when protected with a run game and defense can get you to about 10 wins on a good year, this is provided coaching around him is competent. He isn't the long term answer, and he isn't close to elite in any sense. However, Musgrave and the play calling and play design has absolutely been a issue in Denver and anyone disagreeing with that is blind. We rarely utilize the strengths case does have, and until a couple weeks ago, we didn't even really know how to run the ball. There are a multitude of factors at play. The whole Cousins and Keenum thing is dumb to me because at this point neither team got what they expected or paid for, and both will have to hope its better next year. I think going forward you make Keenum battle by bringing in a guy like Tyrod(as an example not my choice) and draft a rookie in rd 1 or 2. You make damn sure you have a flexible OC, who knows how to balance play calling effectively as well and utilize the strengths of Keenum or a guy like Tyrod and you go for a guy like Lock or Thorston in the draft, who are proven battlers against elite competition. You make damn sure to address CB in a big way, and then stock your depth in the draft and FA. That's how we stay in the hunt without rebuilding and we develop a QB of the future the right way to boot.
    If Musgrave had a QB with strengths to utilize and failed to do so you might have a point, but he doesn’t ... he’s got Case Keenum. There are no strengths to his game.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I will say this for Keenum - he gives me someone to hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I will say this for Keenum - he gives me someone to hate.
    Feel the hate flow through you ... goooooood.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

If Musgrave had a QB with strengths to utilize and failed to do so you might have a point, but he doesn’t ... he’s got Case Keenum. There are no strengths to his game.
    they both suck balls-- it's not mutually exclusive. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Im ok with Musgrave. He certainly is not the worst OC we have had....ehmmmm.....You know of whom I speak. That said, his lack of called runs, screens and utilization of Phil is pretty disappointing. There are guys however, usually wide open on nearly every play. That had been repeated a bunch so when I looked it was correct. We usually have someone open always, but the QB, well.........

That said, he isnt the best. He is not someone I get super hyped about. I like him better than gase and mccoy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    He runs the scheme everybody seems to want, they just don’t know it. Lincoln Riley would suck balls with this situation.

With or without Musgrave is fine with me ... Either way, I’m cool, but the worst thing that could happen is keeping Barf Keenum/VJ and making Musgrave take the blame.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

He runs the scheme everybody seems to want, they just don’t know it. Lincoln Riley would suck balls with this situation.

With or without Musgrave is fine with me ... Either way, I’m cool, but the worst thing that could happen is keeping Barf Keenum/VJ and making Musgrave take the blame.
    I would just like to respond with the following: Jaded, Musgrave doesn't have the same system or a similar system.

I can't tell you how many times I watch this team and go "god I wish we'd call a damn slant."
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I agree you big ******* coated ******* with extra ******** on top. But we don't have the qb to pull it off - so he should just call a run for 30 every play!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I would just like to respond with the following: Jaded, Musgrave doesn't have the same system or a similar system.

I can't tell you how many times I watch this team and go "god I wish we'd call a damn slant."
    Not to Riley, no he doesn’t, what I’m referring to is a multiple offense. What I mean is, when the team struggles people say they should do “this” if they’re doing “that” even while he is literally doing “this” AND “that”.

As for the slant, maybe there’s a height restriction on that pattern? It’s seems to be a difficult play when your QB can’t see/throw over the lineman and your lineman can’t dictate throwing windows. Maybe they run that play a lot in practice and it makes Josey Jewel look like Luke Kueckly.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

This is deja vu.

As for the slant...Keenum is short. But Wilson throws slants. But Wilson isn't an untalented hack.

Bah. Hum.Bug.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information