Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Von Inflames PETA Posing With Dead Hammerhead Shark

Well last I checked, an open mind wasn't required for posting, so I'll feel free to continue to interject when I feel appropriate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Catch and release is legal in Florida for those sharks, and I've read the shark was released and swam away.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well last I checked, an open mind wasn't required for posting, so I'll feel free to continue to interject when I feel appropriate.
    ok mate. you do what you gotta do.

or you could say - actually dave, you are being a bit of a dik, but i take our point, I can't refuse to ever change my mind in a debate and expect my opinion to be welcomed back - maybe i should have backed away from that statement a little. But still don't be such a dik about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Dave, you're wasting your time on this bunch of rubes. They are way beyond help.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Catch and release is legal in Florida for those sharks, and I've read the shark was released and swam away.
    oh my Nomad - we are sooooooo past the shark debate lol, this baby has morphed!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I take extreme offense to this post and hope you die in a fire.

The reason my post wasn't "stupid" is you said there are artificial alternatives to leather and other animal products. Said products damage the earth, which could eventually lead to all extinction. If you believe what the eco-nuts say, anyway.

PS - your example of the pig waste in the ocean I'm not familiar with, however what I do know is any organic product decomposes and is "eliminated" relatively quickly.
    https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ment-pollution this was a very quick search - first credible hit, but i have heard it multiple times before

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    oh my Nomad - we are sooooooo past the shark debate lol, this baby has morphed!!!!
    Oh. Well, you guys carry on and enjoy.

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

ok mate. you do what you gotta do.

or you could say - actually dave, you are being a bit of a dik, but i take our point, I can't refuse to ever change my mind in a debate and expect my opinion to be welcomed back - maybe i should have backed away from that statement a little. But still don't be such a dik about it.
    I see some of the points you are making, just not in the ABSOLUTE EXTREMES that you are making them. You'll never convince me to not eat meat. I like it to much, I can't be bothered to care. I can agree with some of your points and have a conversation with you despite not agreeing with you. What I have a harder time doing is the all or nothing extremism that if you enjoy animals, then you basically don't give a crap about animals being killed.

I don't agree with animals being killed for sport when the remains are simply discarded, I don't agree with cruel ways of killing animals even when used with a specific purpose in mind. I don't like people beating animals or mistreating them. I have no issue with animals being killed to feed and supply meaningful resources such as leather, fur, ect... as long as it is not endangering a species.

Just because I have no desire to hear your reasons to not eat meat, doesn't mean we can't find reasonable middle ground on some areas surrounding this issue.

It's not all or freaking nothing Dave, that's where this seems to be breaking down.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I see some of the points you are making, just not in the ABSOLUTE EXTREMES that you are making them. You'll never convince me to not eat meat. I like it to much, I can't be bothered to care. I can agree with some of your points and have a conversation with you despite not agreeing with you. What I have a harder time doing is the all or nothing extremism that if you enjoy animals, then you basically don't give a crap about animals being killed.

I don't agree with animals being killed for sport when the remains are simply discarded, I have no issue with animals being killed to feed and supply meaningful resources such as leather, fur, ect... as long as it is not endangering a species.

Just because I have no desire to hear your reasons to not eat meat, doesn't mean we can't find reasonable middle ground on some areas surrounding this issue.

It's not all or freaking nothing Dave, that's where this seems to be breaking down.

Disagree, and you will never change my mind.

Disagree, and you will never change my mind.

I love it when people who give a shit about the environment and man's destruction of the planet he inhabits are called eco-nuts.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

That's cool, I don't have to agree with you to still think you are a moderately ok guy, even if an occasion hooker turns up dead somewhere.

#GoBroncos

#FTR

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I love it when people who give a shit about the environment and man's destruction of the planet he inhabits are called eco-nuts.
    You know damn well there are eco-nuts out there.

No reasonable person wants to destroy the planet. We can't go back to prehistoric times though.

Oh - and what are you using to post on the internet? Do you drive a car? Do you use electricity?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I love it when enjoying eating meat means you don't give a shit about the environment. I can care about the environment and not want to destroy the thing that gives me life and still enough a steak every now and again.

Do you drive a car? You are harming the environment. Your house likely draws power, the environment is harmed to allow that to happen. It's not all or nothing. Just because I use power and drive a car, doesn't mean I don't think man should try and find better way, just because I like meat, doesn't mean I support animals being treated brutally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Why would we not make a species of pests extinct?

Why keep them at all, other than to allow them to continue to bread in order for us to continue to kill them - that makes no sense to me?
    Now hold on. Moderation Dave, not extremes. Coyotes eat prairie dogs. They eat other animals, although a lot of the times they scavenge. They are a part of an ecosystem. You don’t want to eliminate a species from an ecosystem. 200 years ago the wolf and cougar population probably kept the coyote population in control and so on and so forth. We don’t live in those times anymore, so we must sustain our environment as best we can. That includes not making coyotes extinct while at the same time protecting the livelihood of ranchers and their cattle.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information