Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Von Inflames PETA Posing With Dead Hammerhead Shark

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    lol - i love this argument the best.

We need to kill the animals to stop them killing each other.

If we don't kill these animals, they will over breed and take over the world.

If we don't kill these animals, they will kill all of these animals, and we need to keep them alive, so that we can kill them and eat them.

If we did not breed all of these animals so that we could kill and eat them - they would never have been alive in the first place.

Only us humans know the balance of nature, therefore only us humans can control the populations of certain animals as if we left it to nature, they would die anyway
    This is the type of blatant stupidity you have to deal with. There are very few natural predators of deer in Nebraska. The Game and Parks Commission counts deer and issues hunting permits based on population numbers and it helps monitor and regulate the ecology of the state with a smaller number of predators than there would be if the setting had no humans. The days of blasting away and eliminating species are long gone (have been for over 60 years), and the hunting industry helps regulate overpopulation and helps cultivate underpopulation through the use of funds from habitat stamps, check-in fees and licensing. Organizations like Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited buy property to cultivate into natural habitat for the animals they hunt, and yes they do hunt to regulate population because the natural predators do not exist in numbers in order to do so. Endangered and threatened species aren't hunted. You're prosecuted for poaching.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

because other animals do not have the capacity to moralize ethical dilemmas - or farm other foods that do not result in the direct murder of other life forms - and still be healthy
    Which is why they are a lesser species. They lack the capability for sentient thought and morals.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 04-05-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    But you kill hookers.

Isn't a plant a form of life?
    lmao - yeah the hooker thing - that is a bit hypocritical of me, point accepted lol

Plants lack a central nervous system - they are not sentient, however - they MAY feel pain, they do not experience it in the conscious sense........but maybe i am wrong, maybe they do - BUT what i know for a fact is that animals DO feel pain, they experience pain and have emotions.

So i focus on what we know in order to avoid causing the harm, rather than ignoring what i know in order to focus on the potential feelings of plants

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Peta should start some sort of documentary series for things like this. They could call it The Peta Files.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Which is why they are a lesser species. They lack the capability for sentience and morals.
    So you have the ability to moralize - but choose not to use it lol

I can not fly - does that make lesser than a bird
    I can not hear certain frequencies - does that make me lesser than a dog
    I can not see in the infrared spectrum - does that make me lesser than a deer

etc etc etc

we are not more - they are not lesser - were are all different

we are just dominant - and choose to continue to be dominant long past the evolutionary requirement to do so

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

So you have the ability to moralize - but choose not to use it lol

I can not fly - does that make lesser than a bird
    I can not hear certain frequencies - does that make me lesser than a dog
    I can not see in the infrared spectrum - does that make me lesser than a deer

etc etc etc

we are not more - they are not lesser - were are all different

we are just dominant - and choose to continue to be dominant long past the evolutionary requirement to do so
    So am I a terrible person for killing a field mouse in my home that brings with it disease and eats all my food? What about roaches, they have a central nervous system too, should I just let them hang out with me and chill at my place because their lives are just as important as mine? If it is ok to kill them, what supposedly makes them different than a fish that I kill with the purpose of eating?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This is the type of blatant stupidity you have to deal with. There are very few natural predators of deer in Nebraska. The Game and Parks Commission counts deer and issues hunting permits based on population numbers and it helps monitor and regulate the ecology of the state with a smaller number of predators than there would be if the setting had no humans. The days of blasting away and eliminating species are long gone (have been for over 60 years), and the hunting industry helps regulate overpopulation and helps cultivate underpopulation through the use of funds from habitat stamps, check-in fees and licensing. Organizations like Pheasants Forever and Ducks Unlimited buy property to cultivate into natural habitat for the animals they hunt, and yes they do hunt to regulate population because the natural predators do not exist in numbers in order to do so. Endangered and threatened species aren't hunted. You're prosecuted for poaching.
    you make a great point - we took away the natural predator from that area. Therefore in order for humans to live there - deer need to be controlled. Accepted.

So if you must think that the laws surrounding hammerheads are ideal - as that protects the apex predator and reduces the need for us to population manage sting rays?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I have a simple belief. Animals should not be needlessly killed or be made to intentionally suffer terribly under any cirumstances. Animals should be killed as quickly as possible, whether its in a slaughterhouse or in the hunting fields.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

12. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

you make a great point - we took away the natural predator from that area. Therefore in order for humans to live there - deer need to be controlled. Accepted.

So if you must think that the laws surrounding hammerheads are ideal - as that protects the apex predator and reduces the need for us to population manage sting rays?
    I know very little about off-shore fishing laws. But my understanding is that hammerheads must be caught and released. He did that. No harm, no foul, and certainly no slaughtering occurred. Move about your day.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So am I a terrible person for killing a field mouse in my home that brings with it disease and eats all my food? What about roaches, they have a central nervous system too, should I just let them hang out with me and chill at my place because their lives are just as important as mine? If it is ok to kill them, what supposedly makes them different than a fish that I kill with the purpose of eating?
    are the other animals that you support the killing off bring disease to you house, and eating all your food? If not, it is a strange question.

We all have a right to live and if something seeks to take that right away, we should of course respond. Is the fish posing a threat to you or your family? Thats what makes it different

But do you only kill animals that pose a risk to you - or do you kill/pay other people to kill animals for you so that you can taste them?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

All of the sudden, I'm craving a cheeseburger.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    All of the sudden, I'm craving a cheeseburger.
    lol - good for you. I hope you get cancer and have a heart attack - not sure in which order i hope this happens though.

18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

lol - good for you. I hope you get cancer and have a heart attack - not sure in which order i hope this happens though.
    You’re probably going to die of something you tried to avoid all your life. Good luck with that. I feel like living.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I know very little about off-shore fishing laws. But my understanding is that hammerheads must be caught and released. He did that. No harm, no foul, and certainly no slaughtering occurred. Move about your day.
    Do you know lots about conservation laws or were you just happy to talk about them when it supported the argument that

a) its ok to kill animals
    b) people who don't support the killing of animals are stupid

are the other animals that you support the killing off bring disease to you house, and eating all your food? If not, it is a strange question.

We all have a right to live and if something seeks to take that right away, we should of course respond. Is the fish posing a threat to you or your family? Thats what makes it different

But do you only kill animals that pose a risk to you - or do you kill/pay other people to kill animals for you so that you can taste them?
    I gladly pay others to bring me meat to taste. And I don't feel a single ounce of guilt for it. I'm eating a very tasty chicken breast at the moment, it is delicious and again, you won't manage to invoke any shame in me for that action.

That's where we are always going to differ. You have the right to abstain from eating meats, if it causes you guilt or shame, good for you, but anyone that thinks they can tell me that I don't have the right to sit down and enjoy a tasty chicken sandwich can buzz off, I won't hear any of it.

I love you Dave, but nothing you can say or do stands even a remote chance of changing my mind on that matter.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information