Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If We Draft Saquon Barkley......

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default If We Draft Saquon Barkley......

My thoughts are that there are a number of good backs in this draft and there always seems to be a stud found in the later rounds in each years draft. On that note, it makes me feel like taking a 'running back' at the top of the draft, etc etc etc....is not the best decision for our team.

But when you ask yourself.....if we had a chance to draft Marshall Faulk, Erik Dickerson, Terrell Davis, Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson, La Danian Tomlinson..........at number 5.........would you?

Take a look at Saquons college numbers as compared to these great backs and you'll find he is very impressive. Both in mental makeup....work ethic.....breakaway speed......receiving.......scoring............

The man stacks up.

So if we take him at 5 because someone traded up with Cleveland at 4 to get the fourth QB..........Im good.

I wasnt before.....but I am now.

Draft Oline etc at the top of round 2, 3,3, 4, 4, 5....etc. Case Keenum, a healthy Oline and a new stud WARHORSE in the backfield. Im good.

Who knows.....he could be one of those generational dudes that not only plays well.....but has a long career.

I think pretty much most of us have preferred Chubbs or Nelson or a QB....and I get the message. But Im ok with Barkley now.

You?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

There are a handful of guys that I wouldn't be upset about drafting at #5 and Barkley is one.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    There are a handful of guys that I wouldn't be upset about drafting at #5 and Barkley is one.
    I can understand the position.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

it wouldnt bother me but i think with the RB class being so deep we should be addressing other needs at #5.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have always supported the guys the Broncos have drafted. So if Barkley is the guy I'll supported wholeheartedly. That said, I think it is unlikely that Denver will draft him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

If Cleveland is happy with all four of the top QB's in this draft, they could easily draft him #1.

Dat boy loves to jump!

Barkley reminds me of an LT or AP. I'd absolutely love to see him here. Having a RB of his caliber here would also take some pressure off our QB situation. I'd be all for it if he falls to us at 5. I wouldn't trade up for him, but if he's there at our pick, absolutely.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If Cleveland is happy with all four of the top QB's in this draft, they could easily draft him #1.

Dat boy loves to jump!
    Peter King is saying his source within the team tells him they are taking Allen at #1. What I think is going to end up happening. The first 3 teams take a QB, Bills or Dolphins leapfrog us and take a QB at #4 and then we get our choice of Chubb, Barkley and Nelson. I think one of those three will be our pick (I'd prefer not nelson because I just don't like the idea of a guard at 5)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    That's where I am too. I do these Fanspeak mocks practically daily and I play out all types of scenarios. Usually I can take Nelson but occasionally I get a chance at Allen or Barkley and then adjust the rest of the draft. Decent OTs will be there in the second round. I think the top 3 guards will be gone and there's a steep drop off after them. I also look for a TE for those who think there is an urgent need.

Trading down makes sense if viewed in that fashion but then you miss out on Allen and Barkley. So I am okay with most of the options at #5 as long as they don't get weird on us and reach for someone that is truly not worthy of #5.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

14. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    it wouldnt bother me but i think with the RB class being so deep we should be addressing other needs at #5.
    I agree the RB class is deep and it would be my preferred decision as long as we hit on the RB and the #5 pick.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

16. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

We have a ton of needs at other positions but taking the best player in the draft (imo) would be a great pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I would love Sony Michel or John Kelly.

I could live with the pick. I don't value RB's highly, but there are some guys who are worth the pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Peter King is saying his source within the team tells him they are taking Allen at #1. What I think is going to end up happening. The first 3 teams take a QB, Bills or Dolphins leapfrog us and take a QB at #4 and then we get our choice of Chubb, Barkley and Nelson. I think one of those three will be our pick (I'd prefer not nelson because I just don't like the idea of a guard at 5)
    Well, let's look at this:

#1 Cleveland cannot possibly pass on a QB AGAIN. Not after passing on Carson Wentz and DeShaun Watson and then winning 1 game in 2 seasons. They reportedly will take Darnold, but it could conceivably be Allen.

#2 Giants supposedly want Darnold, but could take Chubb to replace JPP whom they just got rid of. But, if you were the Giants GM and knew that Eli Manning is running on fumes at this point, would you pass at a QB at #2? I just can't believe they will do it. IF Darnold is gone, they have to take Allen.

#3 Jets moved up to get Baker Mayfield ahead of the Broncos. No way he's getting past #3.

If the top 3 QBs are off the boards at #3 then Cleveland has no trade partner at #4 unless some team wants Josh Rosen, and he's sliding down the boards.

My guess is that he slides right out of the top 10 on concerns about injury, durability, size, maturity and general personality and leadership skills. The slightest flaws get magnified when people are considering a top 5 pick.

For some reason every report I hear about Rosen is some negative thing. So, I think he slides right past the Broncos at #5 and nobody wants to trade up for him.

That means Cleveland takes Barkley at #4, leaving Nelson or Chubb for the Broncos at #5.

It appears that either Allen or Mayfield is the QB Elway likes and neither of them will be there at #5.

If the Giants take Chubb at #2 that leaves either Allen or Mayfield at #4, but the Bills, Dolphins and Cardinals all want a QB and could move up to #4 for one, if the Browns are willing to trade down.

If they love the idea of getting Barkley, they won't do it though.

So, in that one scenario: Giants pass on a QB and take Chubb, while the Browns take Barkley at #4, Allen is on the board at #5 for the Broncos. But, that presumes the Giants are really that dumb not to take a QB at #2 or trade with a team that will take one there.

Barkley makes amazing plays. He's able to change direction without slowing down a bit, wrong footing defenders and making big plays. He's a great pass receiver. He's the most complete back in over a decade, a potential Hall of Fame player. If Denver has a chance to draft him, they will have to do it.

But, it's not likely he'll be on the board at #5.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information