Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: If We Draft Saquon Barkley......

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Anybody else concerned that for all the talk of Barkley being this generational talent, future hall of famer as Cugel claims, his actual on the field production was mediocre at best. He only had 5 100 yd games last season. He never rushed for 1500 yards in a season. I just think it's funny that so many people claim it's a bad idea to draft a guard at 5 but drafting a RB who was 28th in the nation in rushing yards is a splendid idea. RBs have a short shelf life while a guard could last 10-15 years.

I'd rather have Nelson and Sony Michel than Barkley and Wynn, but that's just me.
    Depends on how they want to use him. As I pointed out, if they envision him as a Christian McCaffrey type player and they loved McCaffrey, and you could get 80-100 pass receptions a year from him, then obviously he's worthy of that #5 pick.

I would personally take Nelson because that OL desperately needs an attitude makeover if they are ever to be successful, and he brings elite talent and nasty on every play. But, Barkley is valuable too. The Broncos are severely lacking in offensive weapons and he's a real weapon.

I love Soney. He is a Clinton Portis clone. He is the RB I want us to get so so badly. Sadly, it looks like we intend to go ILB in the second round. Hopefully, we take that Fred Werder guy at the top of the 3rd instead and grab Soney with our 2nd.

Nick Chubb is awesome too, I love him. He reminds me of Jamal Lewis.
    Penny is a stud as well, he reminds me of MJD (so does our henderson)
    Geuce is a damn Buffalo! That guy is a not quite as fast Fornette

All of those above will be EXCELLENT players in the NFL.

Kalen ballage is a could be- he reminds me of the guy that played in buffalo but I foget his name. I see a latavious Murray in him (meaning he has all the physical tools but sucks)

There are still a have dozen other RBs in this draft that I like a lot. Such a deep class this year. My money is on Soney being best of the bunch. He just looks and reminds me so much of Portis.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Sadly, it looks like we intend to go ILB in the second round.
    what makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    what makes you say that?
    Two things doggydogfish:

1. VJ said it in an interview not too long ago. I do not remember the exact quote but it was something along the lines of: "We have these players blah blah and new position coaches blah blah, we are excited for him to work there and to work potentially with a (ILB) that early in the draft, that is exciting!"......Something like that.

2. One of the media people that Chris works with also said that we look to take one early.

Now who knows who that is, what player or what round. Someone may fall or someone may take the guy we want but it sure seems like they want one and want one early.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Two things doggydogfish:

1. VJ said it in an interview not too long ago. I do not remember the exact quote but it was something along the lines of: "We have these players blah blah and new position coaches blah blah, we are excited for him to work there and to work potentially with a (ILB) that early in the draft, that is exciting!"......Something like that.

2. One of the media people that Chris works with also said that we look to take one early.

Now who knows who that is, what player or what round. Someone may fall or someone may take the guy we want but it sure seems like they want one and want one early.
    They wanted a guy who could play ILB and cover TEs on 3rd down, which Todd Davis cannot, he's just a 2 down guy, but they just traded for S'ua Cravens who can do just that.

Perhaps they would take a LB in the 2nd round, but only if that guy was at the top of their boards. They have much bigger needs at Rb, WR, TE, RT, G, CB and DT/DE, not to mention QB.

If they don't draft a QB in the first round they might look at one in the second to bring in behind Keenum and groom for a season or two. Lamar Jackson, Mason Rudolph, and Luke Falk are the leading candidates there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I love Soney. He is a Clinton Portis clone. He is the RB I want us to get so so badly. Sadly, it looks like we intend to go ILB in the second round. Hopefully, we take that Fred Werder guy at the top of the 3rd instead and grab Soney with our 2nd.

Nick Chubb is awesome too, I love him. He reminds me of Jamal Lewis.
    Penny is a stud as well, he reminds me of MJD (so does our henderson)
    Geuce is a damn Buffalo! That guy is a not quite as fast Fornette

All of those above will be EXCELLENT players in the NFL.

Kalen ballage is a could be- he reminds me of the guy that played in buffalo but I foget his name. I see a latavious Murray in him (meaning he has all the physical tools but sucks)

There are still a have dozen other RBs in this draft that I like a lot. Such a deep class this year. My money is on Soney being best of the bunch. He just looks and reminds me so much of Portis.
    Fred Jackson?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Sony Michel averaged 7.9 yards per carry.

Joel Klatt just gave some stats on 104.3 the fan and pointed out that Barkley gained a total of 6 yards against ranked teams in the 4th quarter last season. Ouch!
    It does not appear that Klatt was digging very deep. A guy whose getting something on the average of 15 carries a game isn't more than like very deep into the second half.

I'm not sure what point is with Michel, he was number two back behind Nick Chubb who btw had 6.0 ypc. UGA also had 670 rushing attempts for the season. Chubb was the workhorse in that backfield.

I went back looked at the box scores and Michel's 7.9 has a lot to do with number having fewer carries and a couple of runs in the 70 yard range. Don't get wrong, I'm not going to complain if we draft Chubb or Michel for that matter. But I'm not going to hold it against Barkley because coaches were having him sit the second half of games. All three of backs that we've talked about are averaging nowhere near 20 carries game. Michal averaged the least with 10 carries per game. Barkley had the highest average but, he also played in two fewer games than Chubb and Michel who played in 15 games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

If we could end up with either Barkley or Michel or Chubb(rb) I would Be pumped!!!

10. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Dumping CJ is dumb in favor of booker who lacks talent and is a bigger version of Ronnie Hillman. I think Studes is gone because he wasn't a booker fan anymore, and loves him some CJ. Pretty sure that's why he was dumped so that they can force feed booker who will show how awesome he is with is 3.6 YPC avg...Ugggghhhhhhh!
    No, I mean, basically, dump them both.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

1. browns - sam darnold
    2. giants - bradley chubb
    3. jets - josh rosen
    4. bills - josh allen
    5. broncos - saquon barkley

#Dogstradamus
    #YouHeardItHereFirst
    #It'sScience
    #MarkIt8Dude

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    No, I mean, basically, dump them both.

Ahhh Fair enough lol. I like CJ though Lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

16. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

I would be very happy with this. Then the Broncos get Lamar Jackson and run an option offense that terrorizes the NFL.
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I would be very happy with this. Then the Broncos get Lamar Jackson and run an option offense that terrorizes the NFL.
    I would actually LOVE that. We could give Jackson some time to work on his mechanics. I see Keenum as place holder
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 04-13-2018 at 11:33 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Jackson wants to be a QB, what’s the difference between drafting him to play WR and drafting him to run option?
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Jackson wants to be a QB, what’s the difference between drafting him to play WR and drafting him to run option?
    Well, I wasn’t exactly loving that part of it, as I inferred.

21. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information