Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: If We Draft Saquon Barkley......

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If the RB class is so deep take 2, dump CJ Anderson and quit pretending that Booker was ever a 2nd round talent.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Other than Nelson, this would be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    If the RB class is so deep take 2, dump CJ Anderson and quit pretending that Booker was ever a 2nd round talent.
    https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...nning-back-job
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I predict that Barkley will not be the best RB in this draft class.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Dumping CJ is dumb in favor of booker who lacks talent and is a bigger version of Ronnie Hillman. I think Studes is gone because he wasn't a booker fan anymore, and loves him some CJ. Pretty sure that's why he was dumped so that they can force feed booker who will show how awesome he is with is 3.6 YPC avg...Ugggghhhhhhh!
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Anybody else concerned that for all the talk of Barkley being this generational talent, future hall of famer as Cugel claims, his actual on the field production was mediocre at best. He only had 5 100 yd games last season. He never rushed for 1500 yards in a season. I just think it's funny that so many people claim it's a bad idea to draft a guard at 5 but drafting a RB who was 28th in the nation in rushing yards is a splendid idea. RBs have a short shelf life while a guard could last 10-15 years.

I'd rather have Nelson and Sony Michel than Barkley and Wynn, but that's just me.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Anybody else concerned that for all the talk of Barkley being this generational talent, future hall of famer as Cugel claims, his actual on the field production was mediocre at best. He only had 5 100 yd games last season. He never rushed for 1500 yards in a season. I just think it's funny that so many people claim it's a bad idea to draft a guard at 5 but drafting a RB who was 28th in the nation in rushing yards is a splendid idea. RBs have a short shelf life while a guard could last 10-15 years.

I'd rather have Nelson and Sony Michel than Barkley and Wynn, but that's just me.
    Nelson is only one I've read being called once in a type generation player. That said, I wouldn't knock Barkley for not hitting 1,500 rushing, in 9 of 12 regular season games he had 17 or fewer carries, couple that most of those games being blowouts wins it looks like he was being pulled early from games. If this draft was bereft of running back talent that could change things but apparently this draft is deep at running back so passing on Barkley isn't killer. I personally like Nick Chubb from UGA. He's not flashy but the number are consistent.

He's averaging about 5.9 YPC. His problem wasn't effectiveness, it was what TXBronc touched on. He only had 217 carries on the year because they were pulling him early due to big leads. If he had 50 more carries, he'd have easily gone over 1500 this year, he was 4 yards away from it last year. It's borderline nitpicky to say "he hasn't rushed for over 1500 yards" when he came within one carry of hitting that mark. It's technically true, but it's 4 freaking yards...

If we don't go Barkley, I'd be alright with grabbing Penny in the second or third round.

11. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

That we made a poor choice at #5....

I think Booker is good to have in the rotation, but I’m getting tired of the coaching staff giving us a sales pitch. I’ve never seen him show he can be as productive as CJ. CJ is a complete back.

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    He's averaging about 5.9 YPC. His problem wasn't effectiveness, it was what TXBronc touched on. He only had 217 carries on the year because they were pulling him early due to big leads. If he had 50 more carries, he'd have easily gone over 1500 this year, he was 4 yards away from it last year. It's borderline nitpicky to say "he hasn't rushed for over 1500 yards" when he came within one carry of hitting that mark. It's technically true, but it's 4 freaking yards...

If we don't go Barkley, I'd be alright with grabbing Penny in the second or third round.
    Sony Michel averaged 7.9 yards per carry.

Joel Klatt just gave some stats on 104.3 the fan and pointed out that Barkley gained a total of 6 yards against ranked teams in the 4th quarter last season. Ouch!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Joel Klatt just gave some stats on 104.3 the fan and pointed out that Barkley gained a total of 6 yards against ranked teams in the 4th quarter last season. Ouch!
    Again, how many carries did he have in the 4th quarter of those games? If his team was blowing them out and he didn't get carries, that can't be held against him. He only had two games last year with over 20 carries. It is outside of his control how many carries they use him on since he does not call the plays. Stats can be stacked to support your argument if you omit information like that. (not saying you are intentionally doing that, just pointing it out that you've gotta look at the whole picture) I'm not saying I wouldn't take Michel either, I like Barkley best because I think he is a beast and very, very quick for the way he's built. I can see an argument for either running back, I just have my personal preferences.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

What Klatt said squares precisely with his film.

He is a generational talent. He's a special player. He's a 230 pound C-Mac. If he's used the right way, he should be an LT type player. But he's not Todd Gurley and he's not Zeke and not Fournette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Dumping CJ is dumb in favor of booker who lacks talent and is a bigger version of Ronnie Hillman. I think Studes is gone because he wasn't a booker fan anymore, and loves him some CJ. Pretty sure that's why he was dumped so that they can force feed booker who will show how awesome he is with is 3.6 YPC avg...Ugggghhhhhhh!
    CJ certainly seems to think so, with the negative way he responded to Studesville's firing with a public outburst.

But it does not appear the Broncos intend to keep CJ from the lukewarm way Elway talks about him, while insisting vehemently that Paxton Lynch will be on the roster or that the team is keeping DT and Sanders for instance. Very different tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What Klatt said squares precisely with his film.

He is a generational talent. He's a special player. He's a 230 pound C-Mac. If he's used the right way, he should be an LT type player. But he's not Todd Gurley and he's not Zeke and not Fournette.
    This.

But, that fits in with what the Broncos want. They loved Christian McCaffrey last year and were scheming how to get up to #12 if he were still on the board there. So, if Barkley is available at #5 and you think he could be another matchup nightmare like McCaffrey, another Edgerrin James perhaps, then the fact that he's not Leonard Fournette is not a problem.

So what if he's not a 25-30 carries a game dude?

They want to utilize him by putting him in space and creating mismatch nightmares for defenders.

He's too big and strong for a CB for most safeties, and too fast for LBs.

Sure there are RBs who might be available in the 2nd round, but nothing like him. Was Christian McCaffrey worthy of the 8th pick of the draft last year? He had only 435 yards rushing and 2 TDs. But, he also had 80 receptions in his rookie year.

If Barkley has that kind of season? He'll be rookie of the year.
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-04-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information