Thread: April Fools: Google Gets Punked

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default April Fools: Google Gets Punked

Earlier today, Google was circulating a story on my phone that the Detroit Lions had swapped first-rounders with the Cleveland Browns, getting the top overall pick in the draft. Besides swapping picks, the Browns were supposed to be getting a 3rd, an 8th-rounder in 2018 and Detroit's 1st and 2nd picks in 2019. All of this to make absolutely sure the Lions would be able to draft Saquon Barkley from Penn State. The report even cited the woeful running stats the Lions have had since 2014 when Reggie Bush was there.

Apparently, other media outlets passed on the story and it has now disappeared but there's some good ol' Fake News being spread by Google. April Fools!
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 04-01-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Last edited by OrangeHoof; 04-01-2018 at 06:56 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I was going to start a thread about this, but being how this one already brought up the subject...

On this day in 1700, English pranksters begin popularizing the annual tradition of April Fools’ Day by playing practical jokes on each other.

Some historians speculate that April Fools’ Day dates back to 1582, when France switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, as called for by the Council of Trent in 1563. People who were slow to get the news or failed to recognize that the start of the new year had moved to January 1 and continued to celebrate it during the last week of March through April 1 became the butt of jokes and hoaxes.

Historians have also linked April Fools’ Day to festivals such as Hilaria, which was celebrated in ancient Rome at the end of March and involved people dressing up in disguises. There’s also speculation that April Fools’ Day was tied to the vernal equinox, or first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere, when Mother Nature fooled people with changing, unpredictable weather.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...82e523514c9e74
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information