Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Vita Vea at 5...OG Wynn in round 2...

He's an even worse selection than the guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I just don't see him as a two down player. The way that he collapses the pocket from the interior is ridiculous. He's not a traditional knows that's just going to stand there and hold up a couple blockers. If we really playing a penetrating Philips type 3 4 he can be a guy that is on the field on passing Downs as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I just don't see him as a two down player. The way that he collapses the pocket from the interior is ridiculous. He's not a traditional knows that's just going to stand there and hold up a couple blockers. If we really playing a penetrating Philips type 3 4 he can be a guy that is on the field on passing Downs as well.
    playing at 347 pounds, with half his games at altitude? i can't say that he can't do it, but man, that i would have to see. . . even if he can, i'm guessing you could get the same or more production out of two lesser players. . . i'd much rather take nelson-- i know he's going to play every snap. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

After everything Rosen has done for you? Smdh
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    playing at 347 pounds, with half his games at altitude? i can't say that he can't do it, but man, that i would have to see. . . even if he can, i'm guessing you could get the same or more production out of two lesser players. . . i'd much rather take nelson-- i know he's going to play every snap. . .
    I've played with massive Polynesians at altitude. Had 300-plus Pounders on a rugby team that used to travel all over the rocky mountain region and play in places like Crested Butte and Aspen. People can adapt if they're Superior athletically and he is that. Look at all the good Polynesian players that have played at Utah over the years or BYU. They're playing at altitude

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

In a trading-back-with-the-Bills situation for 12 and 22 I wanted Vea and Hernandez. Wynn is also good. Vea is my main target if we decide to trade back, let someone else take a QB, and still have a top-12-ish pick. I just think he's tremendous. I watched a lot of Washington football, and you can hub a defense around that guy. I think the world of Nelson and based on our need to keep QBs alive I don't trust that the Broncos will successfully address their OL needs later - they haven't so far, despite dropping several picks in the first two days on the issue. Basically I want them to pick Nelson so they don't grab another Sambrailo or Schofield later, which is not helpful. I don't trust John's OL acumen is what I'm saying.

But if you could get me a great DT and a great OL with the first 2 picks, especially if you're getting another one to make that happen, it makes a lot of sense to me.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    In a trading-back-with-the-Bills situation for 12 and 22 I wanted Vea and Hernandez. Wynn is also good. Vea is my main target if we decide to trade back, let someone else take a QB, and still have a top-12-ish pick. I just think he's tremendous. I watched a lot of Washington football, and you can hub a defense around that guy. I think the world of Nelson and based on our need to keep QBs alive I don't trust that the Broncos will successfully address their OL needs later - they haven't so far, despite dropping several picks in the first two days on the issue. Basically I want them to pick Nelson so they don't grab another Sambrailo or Schofield later, which is not helpful. I don't trust John's OL acumen is what I'm saying.

But if you could get me a great DT and a great OL with the first 2 picks, especially if you're getting another one to make that happen, it makes a lot of sense to me.
    If there was a guarantee it would work out like this, I'd be all for it. But, I'm on the Nelson train....he's the real deal.

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    If there was a guarantee it would work out like this, I'd be all for it. But, I'm on the Nelson train....he's the real deal.
    Exactly. I write about the Nuggets for SBNation - I just watched them try to get cute in the draft last year and miss the guy they really needed (and were moving back to add) by 1 pick while also passing on a ROY player at their original pick. Sometimes you don't worry about trying to be the smartest dealer in the room and just play the hand you're dealt to the utmost. Denver's got 8 picks in the first 5 rounds, 6 in the first 113. Go get 4 starters and a couple of pro bowlers out of this, instead of the collection of cast-offs and special teamers we've been doing the last couple of years.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

11. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post

Vea + Hernandez > Nelson

imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Thoughts
    If we trade back with the Bills, I'd say absolutely to Vea, but not at 5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

stopping the run is literally like the only thing we were good at last year. . . first round nose tackle is a total luxury pick. . . if we trade back, i'd take derwin james, or one of the linebackers. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    stopping the run is literally like the only thing we were good at last year. . . first round nose tackle is a total luxury pick. . . if we trade back, i'd take derwin james, or one of the linebackers. . .
    If his upside is like Ngata, he’s be worth #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    If his upside is like Ngata, he’s be worth #5.
    If he's actually Ngata, who was an asset on third down, then absolutely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    If he's actually Ngata, who was an asset on third down, then absolutely.
    Ngata was the most dominant lineman in football for 4-5 years.

I forgive Shannahan!

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Here's MMQB on VV:

“His stats don’t tell the story of how destructive he is,” says Texas assistant Clay McGuire, who coached Washington State’s offensive line for the past six seasons and faced Vea three times. Indeed, Vea’s 2017 numbers were pedestrian (44 tackles, 5.5 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks), but that didn’t stop Pac-12 head coaches from voting him the league’s Defensive Player of the Year. Those coaches voted for Vea because he ate up two and sometimes three blockers at a time and allowed linebackers to roam unhindered for a defense that led the conference and finished tied for third in the nation in yards per play allowed (4.42). They also voted for him because they spent game weeks wondering if he’d toss their offensive linemen into a handoff or chase down their tailbacks from behind. “It gets kind weird when you look at that film and you see a 340-pounder running with a 200-pound linebacker and we get to the ball at the same time,” Washington linebacker Keishawn Bierria says. “Something’s wrong here.” That’s probably what UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen thought this past season when he squirted through the line of scrimmage expecting a much bigger gain only to have Vea trip him up from behind. Shortly after that, UCLA’s left guard tried to pass off a stunting Vea to the left tackle, and Vea blew through both blockers and buried Rosen for a sack.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/01/vi...on-first-round
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information