Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you stack the draft board for #5?

Albert Breer is hearing that we're interested in trading down:

The Broncos could be moving … down. It’s been out there that the Colts would consider a second move down the board from No. 6, but they may have competition among sellers. I’ve heard if Denver doesn’t like the quarterback that’s there at 5, whoever that is, then it’ll actively look at trying to get more picks. Two names that have been connected to the Broncos of late—Notre Dame G Quenton Nelson and Ohio State CB Denzel Ward—could be available further down the line. For what it’s worth, the same two names have been connected to the Bears at No. 8.
    https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/12/cl...arterback-mmqb

I'm actually coming around to this idea. I think first and foremost, we need a QB. The only QB I DON'T want is Allen. For the other position players, the only one that I think would be an automatic at five is Chubb. So if in some world in which the top four picks are Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Chubb, I think we should try to bilk someone (like the Bills) into coming up for Allen. Their picks could land us some combination of Roquan Smith, McGlinchey, Will Hernandez, Rudolph, etc.

If Rosen or Mayfield is still on the board at five, though, I want him.

2. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Then I dub thee "Cugel."
    Hey there can be only one Cugel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    More of this. Some people have injury concerns about Rosen. Some people question his leadership skills. The rumors got so bad this past season that his teammates felt it necessary to go on social media to say "but he IS a great leader!" If your teammates feel its necessary to respond to a criticism, that means it's a serious concern. They're not just making statements like that out at random! They were responding to stories that were circulating.

I don't insist that all the doubts are correct. Personally, my ideal scenario would be that Rosen turns out to be the next Drew Brees, and he falls to #5 and Elway figures it out and drafts him and then during the season when it's obvious Rosen is going to be great, Elway gets to say "Ha, ha, ha!".

But, I don't insist that rosy scenario is correct. I think he'll be on the board at #5 and keep falling, maybe to about #7 or so.
    So you think Elway will pass on him?

This is a little ridiculous. I'm hoping it's being reported with partial facts. If Denver trades down with Chubb or Barkley available, this is the kind of thing that will go on someone's tombstone. Maybe it's actually if Chubb, Barkley and QB X is off the board? Hopefully.

Another ridiculous idea is trading down with the expectation to get Nelson. It's easy to see Chicago or Tampa Bay taking him. And to trade down for Denzel Ward when you can get Oliver later?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by 7alpha30 View Post
    This is a little ridiculous. I'm hoping it's being reported with partial facts. If Denver trades down with Chubb or Barkley available, this is the kind of thing that will go on someone's tombstone. Maybe it's actually if Chubb, Barkley and QB X is off the board? Hopefully.

Another ridiculous idea is trading down with the expectation to get Nelson. It's easy to see Chicago or Tampa Bay taking him. And to trade down for Denzel Ward when you can get Oliver later?

I'm hearing Chubb hasn't had a visit with Denver, could be a Elway diversion tactic lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I'm hearing Chubb hasn't had a visit with Denver, could be a Elway diversion tactic lol
    There are a lot of guys they haven't brought in for visits.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

There are a lot of guys they haven't brought in for visits.

probably cause they only get 30 visits huh Chubb is top ten pick that was the point, sorry it was over your head.....

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    probably cause they only get 30 visits huh Chubb is top ten pick that was the point, sorry it was over your head.....
    Has Nelson been in for a visit? What about Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport? There are other high picks that that haven't been reported. I kind of wonder if some of the visits are on the down low. Some of the prospects have surprisingly few visits reported.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Has Nelson been in for a visit? What about Harold Landry or Marcus Davenport? There are other high picks that that haven't been reported. I kind of wonder if some of the visits are on the down low. Some of the prospects have surprisingly few visits reported.

I should have re-phrased Top ten pick at a value position of Elway's. He has stated before in the top ten you grab a QB if you believe he is the guy or you take a Pass rusher, CB, or OT if you can. This was leading up to Von miller. As for visits below is a list of players in the draft we have seen. Next to their names Identifies the type of visit. Pretty varied list.....

Per walterfootball.com:

•Josh Allen^, QB, Wyoming (COM, PRI)
    • Dorance Armstrong Jr., DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Kansas (COM)
    • Jerome Baker, OLB, Ohio State (PRI)
    • Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (COM)
    • Brandon Bean, WR, Grand Valley State (PRO)
    • Keishan Bierria, ILB, Washington (PRI)
    • Keishawn Bierria, ILB, Washington (PRI)
    • Bryce Bobo^, WR, Colorado (EW, LOC)
    • Toth, Brett, OT, Army (EW)
    • Regis Cibasu, WR, University of Montreal (EW)
    • James Daniels, C, Iowa (PRI)
    • Sam Darnold^, QB, USC (COM, WOR)
    • Luke Falk, QB, Washington State (COM)
    • Chris Hardeman, FS, Houston Baptist (PRO)
    • Heath Harding, CB, Miami (Ohio) (PRO)
    • Davontae Harris, CB, Illinois State (PRI)
    • Marquis Haynes^, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Ole Miss (SR, COM)
    • Connor Hilland, G, William & Mary (EW)
    • Donte Jackson, CB, LSU (PRI)
    • Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville (COM)
    • Josey Jewell, OLB/ILB, Iowa (PRI)
    • Mark Korte, C, Alberta (EW)
    • Kyle Lauletta, QB, Richmond (SR)
    • Phillip Lindsay, RB, Colorado (LOC)
    • Avonte Maddox, CB, Pittsburgh (EW)
    • Baker Mayfield^, QB, Oklahoma (COM, PRI)
    • Derek McCartney, DE, Colorado (LOC)
    • Matthew McCrane, K, Kansas State (EW)
    • Jamar McGloster, OT, Syracuse (EW)
    • Ryan Nall, FB, Oregon State (COM)
    • Deatrick Nichols, CB, South Florida (EW)
    • Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (COM)
    • Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State (PRI)
    • Robert Priester, CB, Wyoming (PRO)
    • Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State (PRI)
    • Malik Reaves, CB, Villanova (EW)
    • Josh Rosen^, QB, UCLA (COM, PRI)
    • Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State (COM)
    • Tracy Sprinkle, DT, Ohio State (PRO)
    • Jordan Thomas, CB, Oklahoma (EW)
    • Salesi Uhatafe, G, Utah (EW)
    • Vita Vea, DT/3-4DE/NT, Washington (PRI)
    • Fred Warner, OLB, Brigham Young (PRI)
    • James Washington^, WR, Oklahoma State (SR, COM)
    • Javon Wims, WR, Georgia (PRI)
    • Chris Worley, OLB, Ohio State (EW)

Read more: http://www.walterfootball.com/Prospe...#ixzz5CSrSabbP

I count 15 private visits so I think they have 15 more.....not 100% on that though.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 04-12-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I also think the guys in the top ten we didn't visit are to hide interest we have done it before with Paxton I believe. Sorry about the tone in previous post.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Last I checked, we needed a QB, not a shitload of picks that won’t make the roster anyway. Every guy we select in the draft either will bump a vet, or not make the team. We aren’t cutting 10 vets for draft picks that might not be any better.

Honestly, I’d trade our whole draft for the right QB if that’s what it took. In other words, I’d trade all our picks for Rosen.
    I don't know HP every team that has basically forfeited an entire draft for one player has ended up regretting it. I personally like Allen the best, but I would trade an entire draft for him or any of the rest in the top four.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Albert Breer is hearing that we're interested in trading down:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/12/cl...arterback-mmqb

I'm actually coming around to this idea. I think first and foremost, we need a QB. The only QB I DON'T want is Allen. For the other position players, the only one that I think would be an automatic at five is Chubb. So if in some world in which the top four picks are Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Chubb, I think we should try to bilk someone (like the Bills) into coming up for Allen. Their picks could land us some combination of Roquan Smith, McGlinchey, Will Hernandez, Rudolph, etc.

If Rosen or Mayfield is still on the board at five, though, I want him.
    Now reports are that the Giants don't like Rosen, and will take Chubb or Barkley at #2.

This would mean that Rosen would likely be the QB on the board at #5.

Personally I think that's crazy, because how long can Eli Manning continue? The Giants need to totally rebuild, they are not a QB away from competing, so they need to get impact players. But, they need a QB more and are in position to draft one and develop him for 2 seasons behind Eli.

That means both Barkley and Chubb would be off the board at #5 and Rosen and Mayfield would be on the board.

And the Broncos would either take Mayfield, or else trade back.

But, if a team thinks Elway would take Mayfield, then there's incentive for the Browns to move back and acquire more picks rather than taking Barkley at #4 and the Bills really want to move up further. #4 is their obvious landing spot if they want Mayfield.

But, this is only based on the assumption that Elway doesn't really want Mayfield.

It's different being at #2 than at #5 because you have your choice of all but 1 player.

Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Last I checked, we needed a QB, not a shitload of picks that won’t make the roster anyway. Every guy we select in the draft either will bump a vet, or not make the team. We aren’t cutting 10 vets for draft picks that might not be any better.

Honestly, I’d trade our whole draft for the right QB if that’s what it took. In other words, I’d trade all our picks for Rosen.
    They would totally cut 10 veterans for rookies if they had that many impact players. Did you even watch the games last year?

This team was 5-11 because they suck, not because they just were lacking a QB. They are lacking a really good OL, a TE, impact players at WR or TE. They are completely lacking in offense. Sanders and DT are older and declining assets and no longer elite WRs.

The defense has lost 5 player off their SB defense and are no longer elite. They are worse now than they were last year since the players are older and they lost Talib.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

They would totally cut 10 veterans for rookies if they had that many impact players. Did you even watch the games last year?

This team was 5-11 because they suck, not because they just were lacking a QB. They are lacking a really good OL, a TE, impact players at WR or TE. They are completely lacking in offense. Sanders and DT are older and declining assets and no longer elite WRs.

The defense has lost 5 player off their SB defense and are no longer elite. They are worse now than they were last year since the players are older and they lost Talib.
    With good qb play i dont agree at all about Sanders and DT. Both were hurt and we had horrid qb play. Cant write em off yet

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I could accept moving down. But not too far. The Bills come to mind as the most obvious partner, but it's risky to assume ee can get the other guard in the 20s.

If we did deal with Buffalo, who would everyone want?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information