Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What the Giants Trade of JPP Means For the Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Is everybody on these boards drunk off their asses tonight? What a GM pays a player determines whether he will play or not, not whether he's worth what they are paying him! Well, duh!

If they are paying him a boat-load of cash it will take quite a lot of sucking for that player not to play, because they naturally want to get their money's worth. Just as if you bought a really, really expensive shirt at the Cherry Creek Mall and then never wore it. Would you do that?

Well, maybe if somebody threw up on it repeatedly, but realistically, you would probably still just try and send it to the dry-cleaners and get the stain out. And that is exactly what the Broncos are committed to doing with Case Keenum.

If he sucks they will try and coach him up so that he plays better. They will keep doing that until he proves conclusively that he can't play.

And they are betting that he can, based on quite a lot of evidence from last season.
    I took your logic and applied it, Cugel. You said "they're paying him cheap backup money," and from the context of your post it sure seemed like you were saying money = worth. That's not on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I admit that is a pretty tough challenge. You might not be able to top your previous best. But, your posts in this thread do indicate you're on your best form tonight!
    Neighbor please!

I have yet begun to defile myself.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I took your logic and applied it, Cugel. You said "they're paying him cheap backup money," and from the context of your post it sure seemed like you were saying money = worth. That's not on me.
    "I just assumed you meant something that you didn't state, because reading comprehension. That's why."

Aren't you in law school right now? I hope you don't apply that kind of logic to the essay exams section of the bar exam. Man!

"I just assumed you meant something that you didn't state, because reading comprehension. That's why."

Aren't you in law school right now? I hope you don't apply that kind of logic to the essay exams section of the bar exam. Man!
    I'm near the top of my class, earned a DOJ internship, etc. I took the words you said, in their context, and gave you a similar result. Oh, you disagree with the interpretation of the text? Yeah, that never happens in law, either. Scalia and Ginsburg never went back and forth over Originalism, for instance, or the definition of, let's say, the word "use."
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Apparently you didn't bother to read the sources I linked. The Giants wanted Darnold only they became so convinced the Browns are taking him at #1 that they moved on to Plan B, which is to draft Chubb. So, unless the Giants are totally wrong and the Browns do NOT take Sam Darnold like everybody expects, the Giants will take Chubb.

The only reason they would cut JPP and not draft his replacement is if their future franchise QB was available. Only they don't like any of the other QBs, just Darnold. And he's not available. The move to cut JPP is pretty safe though because nobody thinks the Browns will take Chubb #1. So, the Giants get their DE.

The Colts had a CHOICE. They said they "preferred" not to trade out of the top 10, not that they wouldn't do it if no other choice appeared. Ideally they trade back, get additional picks, and draft several players, including Chubb.

But, that was never going to happen no matter what they did if the Giants are committed to taking him. The Giants would only trade back if they could be sure to stay ahead of the Colts. So, they'd take Chubb at #2 if the Colts stuck at #3. Since the Colts moved back to #6 the Giants could move back as far as #5.

That was the ENTIRE POINT of my posting this thread. To point out that rather obvious point and permit intelligent discussion about whether the Broncos will trade up now to #2 or not.

I don't think so, but maybe Elway WILL do it. It's certainly possible, but a ginormous waste of money, just as I said.

They could have just signed Tyrod Taylor or AJ McCarron for a LOT less money if they intended to take a QB at #5 and play him immediately.
    I've seen rumors that the Browns are interested Darnold but I've that they are interested in Allen as well. So unless the Browns have actually told the Giants we're taking Darnold then they (the Giants) are taking a very wild shot in the dark. Sure GMs panic at times but when you hold the number 2 pick in the draft there is no reason to move to plan B and that plan A isn't still an option. JPP wasn't cut he was traded, but I don't think that makes it a lock that they're taking Chubb with 2nd pick. Eli is 37 years old. He might have a couple more productive seasons in him but who knows?

Anyway look at the scenario you've presented means if everything else stays the same, two of top four quarterbacks are doing be available at five.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Neighbor please!

I have yet begun to defile myself.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-24-2018 at 06:33 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Anyway look at the scenario you've presented means if everything else stays the same, two of top four quarterbacks are doing be available at five.
    And those two will apparently be Mayfield and Rosen. Darnold and Allen are the top 2 now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

And those two will apparently be Mayfield and Rosen. Darnold and Allen are the top 2 now.
    I think it's but it's not written in stone.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-26-2018 at 09:43 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Nobody has any clue how any of these teams rank the 4 QBs. Nobody. But it's cute that they think they do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Nobody has any clue how any of these teams rank the 4 QBs. Nobody. But it's cute that they think they do.
    I agree, there are a lot of possibilities because we don't know how those in front of the Broncos feel about these quarterback. Heck, we don't even know how Denver has them ranked. For all we know they could think Rosen is a concussion prone double douche bag.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information