Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What the Giants Trade of JPP Means For the Broncos!

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'm hoping that if CK isn't good enough to do anything, we don't just trot him out there because he got paid.
    Dude, he'd have to punch Elway in the face for them to bench him at $36m guaranteed! You are getting wilder and wilder!

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Dude, he'd have to punch Elway in the face for them to bench him at $36m guaranteed! You are getting wilder and wilder!
    It's wild to hope that we don't start a veteran QB if he's not good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

It's wild to hope that we don't start a veteran QB if he's not good?
    It's wild to compare a good QB like Keenum to Tim Tebow who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And it's wilder to hope he sucks so they don't play him, after they are paying him $36m guaranteed.

One might infer you Sir! are a Raiders fan in disguise! Wanting the Broncos to fail like that!

It's wild to compare a good QB like Keenum to Tim Tebow who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. And it's wilder to hope he sucks so they don't play him, after they are paying him $36m guaranteed.

One might infer you Sir! are a Raiders fan in disguise! Wanting the Broncos to fail like that!
    When did I say anything about Tebow?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You still think they will trade up and get a QB or else take a QB at #5? Well, maybe. IF Elway is dumb enough to waste $36million, sure.

But, it will be the laziest way any man ever made $36m guaranteed in this world. Just sitting on his ass collecting $1,125,000 per game! That is the very definition of "good work, if you can get it."

Damn! I wish somebody would pay me 1 week worth of his salary to sit there on my ass and hold a clip-board! I can do that! And I'm available at the very reasonable price of $1.1m per week! I'll even give them a discount of $25,000 per game over what Keenum will charge them!
    I think my point is obvious, CK isn’t the caliber of QB that changes draft plans when you’re within striking distance of legitimate QB prospects, regardless of how much money they gave him.

You can keep arguing about salary all you want, if this is how the Elway approaches the draft you’re both stupid.

And ya know what, the Jets aren’t buying this bullshit either, else they don’t feel the need to get in front of Denver. Especially in March, a month and a half from the draft.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

When did I say anything about Tebow?
    Sorry, I got your post confused with Jaded's. Carry on. You were pointing out how Keenum is worse than Beelzebub's fiery demons from Hell?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Well, both are backup QB’s.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Sorry, I got your post confused with Jaded's. Carry on. You were pointing out how Keenum is worse than Beelzebub's fiery demons from Hell?
    I compared your argument to that of Tebowfags, because they’re the same. I didn’t compare the two QB’s until you asked for it.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I think my point is obvious, CK isn’t the caliber of QB that changes draft plans when you’re within striking distance of legitimate QB prospects, regardless of how much money they gave him.

You can keep arguing about salary all you want, if this is how the Elway approaches the draft you’re both stupid.

And ya know what, the Jets aren’t buying this bullshit either, else they don’t feel the need to get in front of Denver. Especially in March, a month and a half from the draft.
    They had no choice because even if Denver isn't taking a QB at #5 or trading up, the Bills sure as hell were trying and would have succeeded too if the Jets hadn't gotten in ahead of them. The Bills were outbid because, as the Colts GM stated, they didn't want to move all the way out of the top 10.

They want Chubb in fact, and thought they could get him at #6, but certainly not at #12. Well, it turns out the Giants are going to take him ahead of them, but then it still makes sense for them to trade down. They will still get a great player at #6 and they got 3 #2 picks. They need all the picks they can get because they suck almost everywhere.

The Jets have no QB who can start and the Broncos do. So, the Jets were much more desperate than Denver, and couldn't take the chance the Broncos might take their QB ahead of them, or even possibly move up to #3 and block them just the way they thought they had blockaded the Broncos and Bills (and they might very well still succeed in that there's no proof the Giants will trade out of their #2 pick.)
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-23-2018 at 11:12 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They had no choice because even if Denver isn't taking a QB at #5 or trading up, the Bills sure as hell were trying and would have succeeded too if the Jets hadn't gotten in ahead of them. The Bills were outbid because, as the Colts GM stated, they didn't want to move all the way out of the top 10.

They want Chubb in fact, and thought they could get him at #6, but certainly not at #12. Well, it turns out the Giants are going to take him ahead of them, but then it still makes sense for them to trade down. They will still get a great player at #6.
    We’re not talking about the Bills, if Colts didn’t want to trade that far back the Bills are irrelevant.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

BTW: Just to illustrate the vast gulf between the QB situation for the Jets and Broncos, the Jets have only guaranteed $500,000 for Teddy Bridgewater. At that price they could stuff him down a mail-chute and not miss the money. That's absolute zero commitment.
    The ex-Vikings quarterback will get just $500,000 in guaranteed money, according to multiple reports. That figure is his signing bonus. Bridgewater’s 2018 base salary is for $5 million, but that is not guaranteed, according to ESPN’s Dan Graziano. Bridgewater can also earn another $500,000 in workout bonuses plus an addition $9 million in incentives stemming from playing time, passing yards and touchdowns.
    Well, he'll never in Hell see any of those incentives for yards, etc., etc. because he's not starting. He will get his $5m which is pure backup money - only if he's healthy enough and proves he's good enough to play. They could easily just cut him if he sucks bad enough.

That is the difference between what Bridgewater is being paid by the Jets and what the Broncos are paying Keenum. $36m guaranteed versus $500,000 guaranteed! That's why the Jets are moving up, drafting a QB and starting him, and the Broncos are not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Whether or not the Broncos were/are stupid enough to go all in with CK the Jets weren’t buying it. Unless, perhaps, the Broncos were willing to trade back with the Bills, it makes sense for the Jets to jump ahead of Denver. But, in that scenario, why wouldn’t Denver just trade back with the Jets knowing the Colts won’t take a QB and the Browns won’t take 2 QB’s? Because, in the same scenario the Colts still won’t trade out of top 10.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

BTW: Just to illustrate the vast gulf between the QB situation for the Jets and Broncos, the Jets have only guaranteed $500,000 for Teddy Bridgewater. At that price they could stuff him down a mail-chute and not miss the money. That's absolute zero commitment.

Well, he'll never in Hell see any of those incentives for yards, etc., etc. because he's not starting. He will get his $5m which is pure backup money - only if he's healthy enough and proves he's good enough to play. They could easily just cut him if he sucks bad enough.

That is the difference between what Bridgewater is being paid by the Jets and what the Broncos are paying Keenum. $36m guaranteed versus $500,000 guaranteed! That's why the Jets are moving up, drafting a QB and starting him, and the Broncos are not.
    Bridgewater > Keenum.

The Jets are playing chess while the Broncos play checkers.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

We’re not talking about the Bills, if Colts didn’t want to trade that far back the Bills are irrelevant.
    Were you dropped on your head as a child? The Bills need a QB and don't have one. They even let Tyrod Taylor go for some reason. Every analyst in the NFL has stated that they intend to draft a QB and they traded up to #12 so they could move more easily into the top 10 to do so.

They were in open negotiations with the Colts at #3 to move up ahead of the Jets and Broncos and grab a top 3 Qb. Only the Colts didn't want to move back to #12 because Chubb won't be available at #12. They preferred to move only as far back as #6 and said exactly that in their GM's presser.

If the Jets had been willing to be patient, and wait there at #6 for a Qb to fall to them, the Colts would have had to trade either with the Broncos at #5 or else trade down to #12 and take someone OTHER than Chubb. They need players more than they need Chubb, obviously.

They said publicly they wanted to trade back, but not so far that they dropped out of the top 10. Well, what team outside the top 10 was contacting them and trying to move up? The Bills, that's who.

They had to know it was possible the Giants would take Chubb, not a Qb. And now the Giants are doing exactly that (unless Barkley falls to them at #2, which they obviously do not believe will happen). So they were willing to move back and take their chances on Chubb. But, now they also made it easier for the Giants to take Chubb because the Giants could conceivably trade down with the Broncos and still get Chubb.

So, everything depends on whether Elway wants to move up or not. The Giants are already committed to Chubb by trading TPP.

So, is it still wild to hope that we don't start a QB if he proves he can't do it, Cugel?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information