Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Broncos trade for OT Jared Veldheer

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    except for the part where tomlin kept lebeau. . .
    Which I am willing to bet was explained to him during the interview process. Tomlin's background is out of the Tampa 2 philosophy which is a 4-3 base and really does not send more than 4 guys, ever. Tony Dungy HATED blitzing.

So, I cannot prove it, but I am willing to bet that that was a condition when Tomlin was hired.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Which I am willing to bet was explained to him during the interview process. Tomlin's background is out of the Tampa 2 philosophy which is a 4-3 base and really does not send more than 4 guys, ever. Tony Dungy HATED blitzing.

So, I cannot prove it, but I am willing to bet that that was a condition when Tomlin was hired.
    The Steelers were on record saying that Tomlin had full control over his coaches. Tomlin just wasn't an idiot.

IIRC, Phillips didn't want to be a coordinator for a guy who had coached under him, and then asked for a ton of money. I would have paid him the money, but it wasn't in the cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Cowher built his own team. He just was a mediocre Xs and Os guy. They had a terrible roster when he took over. Mark Malone, Bubby, etc. Louis Lipps was the best they had going for em.
    Watch the Football Life episode on Chuck Noll. When he retired in 91, he said that he had another SB team, but he was too tired to go on.

The pieces were in place for Cowher. When he started in 92, he inherited O'Donnell at QB, Barry Foster at RB, Eric Green and Adrian Cooper at TE, a good O-line, and a good D led by Rod Woodson, Greg Lloyd, Hardy Nickerson, and Carnell Lake.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Noll was out of his mind and the game clearly passed him by. I don't care what he said. He's the same guy who didn't want Marino. That team was average.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Noll was out of his mind and the game clearly passed him by. I don't care what he said. He's the same guy who didn't want Marino. That team was average.
    Chuck didn't have final say who they selected. Richard Haley did and when he passed on Marino, Art never forgave him for it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

According to another documentary, Noll did make the call. He wanted to rebuild thru defense just like when he first took over. So he took the DL who put himself thru the back window of his car.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    except for the part where tomlin kept lebeau. . .
    Ouch!

#HammerTime
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

According to another documentary, Noll did make the call. He wanted to rebuild thru defense just like when he first took over. So he took the DL who put himself thru the back window of his car.
    Right. Before the 1983 draft, though, one of the Rooney's suggested that they take Marino and trade back into the first round to get Rivera. Noll went along with it. However, when they told him that they got the idea from a reporter, Noll was upset and discarded it.

See, this certain reporter turned in the Steelers for a violation in 1978, and Noll couldn't stand him. You may have heard of him. His name: John Clayton.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information