Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Go Egypt! Beat the Soviets!

2. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bizarre goals today.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Watching the replay of Columbia and Japan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    wtf???
    He needs to get his ass back in here and defend that POV. You can't just drop that on a football message board and then walk away.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He needs to get his ass back in here and defend that POV. You can't just drop that on a football message board and then walk away.
    Frankly, it discounts every opinion he puts forth on this message board. Clearly, he knows not what he speaks of.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Tunisia shall rise from the ashes!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Oh he will, because he is Captain America.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Tunisia shall rise from the ashes!!!!

Hush, Northman!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I like the no commercials. I like that there isn't any stupid kneeling drama and people complaining about it. I like that there is essentially only 1 ref to determine fouls. I like the smooth, slow build up and the fancy passes and dribbles and crosses and free kicks. Yeah some parts are boring, but I think there's a lot to appreciate about it even when it's slower paced and boring.

Broncos football reigns supreme. But these days I don't find the game enjoyable enough to casually watch NFL games featuring teams I don't give a shit about. I assume part of this has to do with seeing the Broncos win a SB in my adult life. I feel like I can cross that off the list and move on to other things now, like soccer.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I am close to that, abe. The flow of NFL games is so bad, it's often painful. The action itself is superior, but with all the commercials and drawn out reviews and penalties, not to mention how politics has crept into the broadcast narrative, the bloom is off the rose. Plus the constant roster shuffle takes away some of the enjoyment of fandom, but that's not a huge factor. Still, out of all the sports, Broncos football is about the closest thing to can't miss sporting entertainment for me. Last year Avs came close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I am close to that, abe. The flow of NFL games is so bad, it's often painful. The action itself is superior, but with all the commercials and drawn out reviews and penalties, not to mention how politics has crept into the broadcast narrative, the bloom is off the rose. Plus the constant roster shuffle takes away some of the enjoyment of fandom, but that's not a huge factor. Still, out of all the sports, Broncos football is about the closest thing to can't miss sporting entertainment for me. Last year Avs came close.
    It's kind of like how you can either take the faster way home but have to stop at a bunch of stoplights and stop signs and deal with traffic, or you can take the slightly slower route that has no stop signs or stoplights and less traffic. End result is the same.

And it's nice knowing when a game is going to end.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Football is my favorite - I kind of like the flow of the game because it often times is still enjoyable - the QB's changing plays at the LOS irritates a lot of people because it slows things, down, I like it. Not saying that's an issue that you guys are taking, just an example. I also think it's the most tactical sport - the things coordinators do in real time is captivating, and that's a strategic part that I love. You have a lot of interchangeable pieces moving around on the field with 22 players.

But, the NBA is creeping up on it. The highest quality NBA game beats out most sports to me. I'm also enjoying baseball more than before, because it has it's own interesting pace.

My issue with soccer is that you get so many great plays with no payoff. It's really more about field position than anything else. I know it's the beautiful game, and in many ways it is. IDK. Point guards cross someone up and then a bucket usually ensues. A soccer player can break a guy's ankles and more often than not...nothing happens. Maybe I'm too impatient.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Football is my favorite - I kind of like the flow of the game because it often times is still enjoyable - the QB's changing plays at the LOS irritates a lot of people because it slows things, down, I like it. Not saying that's an issue that you guys are taking, just an example. I also think it's the most tactical sport - the things coordinators do in real time is captivating, and that's a strategic part that I love. You have a lot of interchangeable pieces moving around on the field with 22 players.

But, the NBA is creeping up on it. The highest quality NBA game beats out most sports to me. I'm also enjoying baseball more than before, because it has it's own interesting pace.

My issue with soccer is that you get so many great plays with no payoff. It's really more about field position than anything else. I know it's the beautiful game, and in many ways it is. IDK. Point guards cross someone up and then a bucket usually ensues. A soccer player can break a guy's ankles and more often than not...nothing happens. Maybe I'm too impatient.
    I used to hate NBA, but I think it's probably the most exciting sport because of how quickly a game can change.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information