Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2018

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    What? They played for a draw
    Shush yourself. We don’t want to tell this fledgling soccer fan from America that teams play for ties in soccer.

It’s not in our DNA, homeslice.

#back2backworldwarchamps
    #murica
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Japan finna beat Colombia.

Poland vs Senegal starts in about an hour. That's the last 2 teams that have yet to play.

Deflected in. Counted as an own goal. 1-0 Senegal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wow.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Wow.
    Unfortunate series of events for Poland.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    What? They played for a draw
    Only at the very, very end. IMO. You know the sport better than I, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Shush yourself. We don’t want to tell this fledgling soccer fan from America that teams play for ties in soccer.

It’s not in our DNA, homeslice.

#back2backworldwarchamps
    #murica
    Shit! I didn't understand what I saw, then. )=
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Cant wait to finally see Mo Salah play.

There goes the shut out.

So soccer is like football in strategy, with less physicality, but better forward play? And they play for a draw because it's worth more points and sometimes you've overmatched and all you can do is to hold them off?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    So soccer is like football in strategy, with less physicality, but better forward play? And they play for a draw because it's worth more points and sometimes you've overmatched and all you can do is to hold them off?
    They were lucky to get that penalty to even the game. It was absolutely in their best interests to play defensive minded soccer from that point on and play for the draw.

Although realistically they were never going to get out of the group, so I think the best philosophy for lesser teams is "it's the ******* world cup, go big or go home."

Soccer is better than football IMO.

But they were most effective when they did that stupid 'pinching up' thing the commentators kept talking about?

I'm probably not smart enough to watch this sport.

Regardless...TUNISIA OR DIE!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    They were lucky to get that penalty to even the game. It was absolutely in their best interests to play defensive minded soccer from that point on and play for the draw.

Although realistically they were never going to get out of the group, so I think the best philosophy for lesser teams is "it's the ******* world cup, go big or go home."

Soccer is better than football IMO.
    I love the world cup - always have and always will... But as a casual soccer fan I find the game to be flawed... I very much prefer American football...

My main complaint is that the pitch is so big and sprawling that it limits the amount of action. You always hear about how American football starts and stops too much, which is fair, but giant swaths of soccer games are totally boring. And it seems like I am always desiring a culmination of the action which rarely comes. It's all build up and no pay off.

I like how American sports seem to force the action more - whether it's the shot clock in basketball or down/distance/clock in football, or how the rink is much smaller in hockey - soccer feels a little more like baseball from an "action" standpoint.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    soccer is better than football imo.
    wtf???
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information