Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL auto thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You can learn from broad surveys. GM as a whole is struggling with reliability. This reflects institutional and production-line qualities. Some designs and vehicles are great, some are bad. It's still fair to say the US hasn't internalized or fully embraced the important lessons Wyoming good 'ol boy Deming introduced to the Japanese during their quality revolution. Or, if they have, they are still far behind. It's disappointing, and I'm disappointed in the engineers and financiers of my country that they allow this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You can learn from broad surveys. GM as a whole is struggling with reliability. This reflects institutional and production-line qualities. Some designs and vehicles are great, some are bad. It's still fair to say the US hasn't internalized or fully embraced the important lessons Wyoming good 'ol boy Deming introduced to the Japanese during their quality revolution. Or, if they have, they are still far behind. It's disappointing, and I'm disappointed in the engineers and financiers of my country that they allow this.
    Worst car i ever owned was a Cadillac. Done with GM since.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    If everyone looked at cars like this there wouldn’t be any car companies left. Worst car I ever owned was a Ford, worst car I’ve ever been forced to work on was a Lincoln. I would still buy a Ford if I liked it and reliability ratings were at least average.

4. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    If everyone looked at cars like this there wouldn’t be any car companies left. Worst car I ever owned was a Ford, worst car I’ve ever been forced to work on was a Lincoln. I would still buy a Ford if I liked it and reliability ratings were at least average.
    Bro things broke on this car that i have never heard of breaking before. It was a miserable experience and taught me a lot. Best GM i ever owned was a Camaro. I had a few Pontiacs too. I had a few Nissans and Chryslers.

After driving a few Lincolns and Fords i was so impressed with the differences i never went back. First Ford was a Town Car.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Bro things broke on this car that i have never heard of breaking before. It was a miserable experience and taught me a lot. Best GM i ever owned was a Camaro. I had a few Pontiacs too. I had a few Nissans and Chryslers.

After driving a few Lincolns and Fords i was so impressed with the differences i never went back. First Ford was a Town Car.
    Worst car I ever owned was a Lincoln. Things broke on that car I never heard of breaking before.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post

Worst car I ever owned was a Lincoln. Things broke on that car I never heard of breaking before.
    Sure you did.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Sure you did.
    2001 Lincoln Continental. Rode great. When it was running. Before the air ride went out. I should have sold to you for parts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Sure you did.
    2001 Lincoln Continental. Rode great. When it was running. Before the air ride went out. I should have sold to you for parts.
    All the air suspension pumps go after about 10 years. The pump is cheap. 2 bolts. 2 or 4 little hoses.

I had a 2005 Ford Escape Limited. Worst car I’ve ever had. Did all scheduled maintenance but once it hit 100,000 miles it fell went to shit.

My 2006 Honda Pilot blows it away.

11. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Had 380,000 miles on a 1990 3.0L V6 Toyota 4x4 King Cab before I bought the Escape. That truck was a beast.

13. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Sure you did.
    We talked about that Lincoln many years ago. He’s not bullshitting or trolling. That car was hot garbage and I was CONSTANTLY fixing one that was a pile of shit. Air ride suspension going out left and right, electronic problems galore, warped head, coolant leaks, and finally the transmission was the nail in the coffin. I was ecstatic when that car finally died (with just over 80k miles) because I never had to work on it again.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Beef's Lincoln is a well known tale on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Sure you did.
    We talked about that Lincoln many years ago. He’s not bullshitting or trolling. That car was hot garbage and I was CONSTANTLY fixing one that was a pile of shit. Air ride suspension going out left and right, electronic problems galore, warped head, coolant leaks, and finally the transmission was the nail in the coffin. I was ecstatic when that car finally died (with just over 80k miles) because I never had to work on it again.
    Holy hot sht wow. Maybe it was made on a Monday morning or something.

I have nothing but fond memories of my Conti was a great ride. Sold it at 130k. Ran beautiful and was a rocket. Air suspension went BUT I was ready! Got a used pump and left it in the trunk when i got the car after my exp with the TC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Holy hot sht wow. Maybe it was made on a Monday morning or something.

I have nothing but fond memories of my Conti was a great ride. Sold it at 130k. Ran beautiful and was a rocket. Air suspension went BUT I was ready! Got a used pump and left it in the trunk when i got the car after my exp with the TC.
    I don’t doubt your affinity for Lincoln’s. I hated mine. I traded it in for a Scion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

All the air suspension pumps go after about 10 years. The pump is cheap. 2 bolts. 2 or 4 little hoses.
    By the way you’re a couple spark plugs short of a V5.

21. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information