Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL auto thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    What do you guys think of siping?
    I would consider it if my tires were wearing out and couldnt afford new ones with winter coming I think Taht would not be necessary on new tires.

Edit: BTW siping tires is when they put your tires on a machine and cut tiny slits on the surface across from in to out to improve traction.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I would never have my tires altered i.e. siped. That's why I have a set of summer tires, and a set of winter tires......tire changeover in early Oct and late April. The Blizzaks are siped perfectly for winter conditions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Siping gas is really bad for you. Do you need help Joe?
    Now listen here, AW4M: I thought this was the "REAL" auto thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I would never have my tires altered i.e. siped. That's why I have a set of summer tires, and a set of winter tires......tire changeover in early Oct and late April. The Blizzaks are siped perfectly for winter conditions.
    Wait. What?? So you don't sipe your tires, but you buy tires that are siped?

That's, uh, an interesting position.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

How come? Blizzaks are siped at the factory. You send your tires to a tire shop in hoping they know what the hell they are doing. So yes, I wouldn't have my tires siped by some tire shop.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

I think he meant general tread position is thick or knobby enough to tackle anything as they are.

Snow tires arent the best for gas mileage but hey if you can pull it off and store em in summer Thats the best way. The tires should last nearly 8 years alone with reg rotation and changes.

Joe do u have any chrome trim on your Patriot or special accents

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think he meant general tread position is thick or knobby enough to tackle anything as they are.

Snow tires arent the best for gas mileage but hey if you can pull it off and store em in summer Thats the best way. The tires should last nearly 8 years alone with reg rotation and changes.

I don't live far from where I work......one stop light and 10 min drive down the Glenn Hwy . During the winter, it's more about safety than gas mileage.....at least up here. Many folks drive studded tires.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The place I purchase my tires offers to sipe them. I allowed it last time, and there was a noticeable difference - especially on ice.

No chrome trim or special accents. It's an A to B vehicle that will go through any snow storm Colorado has to offer. I do need to get it detailed though - it's currently a mess on the inside.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The place I purchase my tires offers to sipe them. I allowed it last time, and there was a noticeable difference - especially on ice.

No chrome trim or special accents. It's an A to B vehicle that will go through any snow storm Colorado has to offer. I do need to get it detailed though - it's currently a mess on the inside.
    Like i posted earlier, Pledge removes basic stains in upholstery, carpet, and works wonders on the dash and leather from.

I did my car by hand at a spray wash booth and vacuum and it cost like $5. As close to a detail job as could be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I mean are you butchering livestock in your POS?

12. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I mean are you butchering livestock in your POS?
    WTF are you even talking about? Must you pollute every ****ing thread with your ****?

Please go play with something deadly poisonous already.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm really enjoying my new car smell!

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Even when I lived in NoDak, I would change tires (summer & winter). Yes, those grooves do make a difference. For the last 13 yrs, I have lived in extreme winter climates, and why I buy winter tires. I imagine living in parts of Canada require the same. Off topic......I do miss weazel.

When you have your tire shop sipe your tires, does the manufacturer warrant them?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    No better smell.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Use pledge to wax the outside.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information