Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL auto thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Allegedly 2.7 v6 or 3.5 turbocharged Duratec v6, similar to something in the Lincolns.
    Those 3.5 turbos are sweet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Anyone into Teslas on here? Besides slim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    How do you throw it into your crankcase?
    Take the bottle and fling it under the open hood.

Lol

Pour it into where you pour in the oil.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 06-19-2018 at 08:48 PM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We’ve changed the spark plugs on my wife’s 05 pilot and she still only gets 14-15 mpg around town. I know it’s not the filter. I’m gonna put in a K&N, but beyond that I don’t know what to do to increase the mileage
    K&N filter will likely give you a few more horses but it wont greatly improve gas mileage.

How many miles are on it

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Take the bottle and fling it under the open hood.

Lol

Pour it into where you pour in the oil.
    I always figured it drained into the sump right away.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

How do you throw it into your crankcase?
    By opening your oil fill cap/plug, opening the bottle, and pouring it in.

Good things you jet jockeys had a team of maintainers behind you!

8. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I always figured it drained into the sump right away.
    It does, the sump is the bottom of the motor, the oil pan, aka crankcase. Unless you have an exotic motor with a remote sump, but even then if you want to get something in the crankcase you add it to the oil.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Anyone into Teslas on here? Besides slim.
    Yes. I want a model 3. Only thing holding me back is the range. I like road trips. The lack of charging stations is a drawback. I'd love to see a good breakdown of cost including electricity though.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Yes. I want a model 3. Only thing holding me back is the range. I like road trips. The lack of charging stations is a drawback. I'd love to see a good breakdown of cost including electricity though.
    My cousin has a Model X and it's like a rocket ship... But same thing for me - if I can't even make it to the edge of my own state then it doesn't seem practical.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    We’ve changed the spark plugs on my wife’s 05 pilot and she still only gets 14-15 mpg around town. I know it’s not the filter. I’m gonna put in a K&N, but beyond that I don’t know what to do to increase the mileage
    They're only rated at 17 city so 14-15 is probably pretty close. You can get a bit with a k&n, 1 or maybe 2, you'd get a little more from doing the actual cold air induction kit but not sure bang is worth the buck.

Any changes before you noticed a drop? How are your tire pressures? Under or over inflated tires will effect your mileage more than a K&N filter will.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    My cousin has a Model X and it's like a rocket ship... But same thing for me - if I can't even make it to the edge of my own state then it doesn't seem practical.
    My buddy bought an S in Miami and drove it to San Diego. I drove it for a day as he passed through new Orleans. Crazy acceleration. Absolute blast. But he admitted he doesn't get the advertised range. He also said he spends more with California electric prices than he was on his Hybrid for gas.

I sat in a 3 while in SFO last month. Nice car, not as small as I thought. For the price, I think it's a hell of a bargain and a nice car

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

It does, the sump is the bottom of the motor, the oil pan, aka crankcase. Unless you have an exotic motor with a remote sump, but even then if you want to get something in the crankcase you add it to the oil.
    Guess if you have detailed knowledge it's hard to keep that to yourself. Or maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize all oil you pour in your engine goes to the crankcase. Either way, quite the learning experience.

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Guess if you have detailed knowledge it's hard to keep that to yourself. Or maybe I'm the only one who didn't realize all oil you pour in your engine goes to the crankcase. Either way, quite the learning experience.
    That was my purpose of this thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Beat any and all traffic cameras -

Remove license plates. Spray 3 or 4 coats of a high gloss clear lacquer on your plates. It will appear white in quick flashes. Use your cell phone for proof. It works.

K&N filter will likely give you a few more horses but it wont greatly improve gas mileage.

How many miles are on it
    It’s got about 110k miles on it and the motor sounds great.

22. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information