Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL auto thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    No. I slowly but surely make you guys better. And I haven't given up hope. Because I'm the hero you want, need, and deserve.
    Your foolishness isn't making anyone better....fyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Well...

I had a bad experience at a gas station with my truck yesterday. Put in $25 of 93 oct at a 76 station. Turned out to NOT be 93! Car needs 91+ and it ran like crap, so it want even 91, unless they have water in it? No cylinder misfiring or vacuum issues to be causing it to run so poorly. Nothing to trigger CEL even.

Had to throw in 2 STPs to get it even running smoothly. As soon as i started it up within 5 secs the rough idle smoothed out.

Im going back there and raising hell on Monday morning. Even calling Chevron, their parent company.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Well...

I had a bad experience at a gas station with my truck yesterday. Put in $25 of 93 oct at a 76 station. Turned out to NOT be 93! Car needs 91+ and it ran like crap, so it want even 91, unless they have water in it? No cylinder misfiring or vacuum issues to be causing it to run so poorly. Nothing to trigger CEL even.

Had to throw in 2 STPs to get it even running smoothly. As soon as i started it up within 5 secs the rough idle smoothed out.

Im going back there and raising hell on Monday morning. Even calling Chevron, their parent company.
    Interesting. Why does your truck require 93 octane? Is it boosted? High compression? I forgot what kind of truck you have.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Well...

Interesting. Why does your truck require 93 octane? Is it boosted? High compression? I forgot what kind of truck you have.
    05 Lincoln Aviator w/Cobra 4.6

Says on the inside of the fuel door 91+ only

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Trucks are in the discussion, I guess. IDK. Trucks are so 'Merican that I figured we had to not **** that up.

Most made in America stuff sucks, and we are a consumer country.

Personally, I would feel like a douche driving most American cars.
    Lincoln MKZ has average reliability. I'm down with that one. Tesla Model S has above average reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

#ethnocentrichottake

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

05 Lincoln Aviator w/Cobra 4.6

Says on the inside of the fuel door 91+ only
    Compression ratio related then. 10:1

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Lincoln MKZ has average reliability. I'm down with that one. Tesla Model S has above average reliability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Consumer Reports
    General Motors models receive five segment awards for the Buick LaCrosse, Chevrolet Equinox, Chevrolet Malibu, Chevrolet Traverse and Chevrolet Silverado.

I’ve heard good things about the Malibu’s

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Apologies for the implied exclusivity. I don't really have any interest in the other cars. Buick overall has some good reliability scores. US as a whole is pretty crappy though compared to Asia and Europe in reliability ratings: 38 vs. 64 and 50.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Apologies for the implied exclusivity. I don't really have any interest in the other cars. Buick overall has some good reliability scores. US as a whole is pretty crappy though compared to Asia and Europe in reliability ratings: 38 vs. 64 and 50.
    Agreed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Reliability as a whole is too broad a brush to paint with brands. I found their top reliable and bottom unreliable articles interesting.

idk... I believe in Fords motors. The Duratec family and the 4.6s they made are known for durability and bulletproof builds. Still many 97-00 Explorers, Expeditions, Navigators and F150s out there still going strong with 200k+ miles on original drivetrains.

I think a lot of it has to do with driving habits and how hard you push your vehicle daily.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Reliability as a whole is too broad a brush to paint with brands. I found their top reliable and bottom unreliable articles interesting.

idk... I believe in Fords motors. The Duratec family and the 4.6s they made are known for durability and bulletproof builds. Still many 97-00 Explorers, Expeditions, Navigators and F150s out there still going strong with 200k+ miles on original drivetrains.

I think a lot of it has to do with driving habits and how hard you push your vehicle daily.
    I agree with your last statement, it’s nearly always the driver and their driving/maintenance habits. I had an S10 I got nearly 300k on, even though they weren’t lauded for reliability, my only, issues we’re replacing the coil packs around 150 and an exhaust pipe.

My father in law is a parts manager at a large Ford and Lincoln dealership for the last twenty years, he thinks Ford motors mostly suck, but I’m sure it’s because he only sees the problem ones. Nobody brings their car that doesn’t break to get fixed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I agree with your last statement, it’s nearly always the driver and their driving/maintenance habits. I had an S10 I got nearly 300k on, even though they weren’t lauded for reliability, my only, issues we’re replacing the coil packs around 150 and an exhaust pipe.

My father in law is a parts manager at a large Ford and Lincoln dealership for the last twenty years, he thinks Ford motors mostly suck, but I’m sure it’s because he only sees the problem ones. Nobody brings their car that doesn’t break to get fixed.
    idk... Im a believer in their V8s and the Duratec line from my exps. Cant attest to their small v6s and inline 4s, which are probably trash.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information