Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29

Thread: The REAL auto thread!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    2012 BMW 550i
    Looks like the service kit is ~200$ including front, rear, and xdrive. So they're charging you ~1k on labor. That's pricey.
    Wht bout rear differential and fluids
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Doesn't look like they are doing that unless it's part of their internal labor guidelines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	15875
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Doesn't look like they are doing that unless it's part of their internal labor guidelines.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snip.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	30.0 KB 
ID:	15875
    Im thinking you got hosed bro i am sorry. Im no bimma expert tho

Was this part of scheduled maintenance? Because most (American) transfer case fluid has long life span.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Was this part of scheduled maintenance? Because most (American) transfer case fluid has long life span.
    In general BMW dealership service is overpriced. I didn't pay for it, that's why I'm inquiring. Car has ~100k miles. This is an inspection from dealer shortly after purchase and recommended services.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

In general BMW dealership service is overpriced. I didn't pay for it, that's why I'm inquiring. Car has ~100k miles. This is an inspection from dealer shortly after purchase and recommended services.
    Hell no bro. Im glad u didn't. If it was a complete service, transfer case, rear diff, some seals and maybe a Ujoint i can see, but thats crazy.

Most of Those should be lifetime and only require service if theres a problem. Most TCs are lifetime filled and will normally outlast the vehicle. To my knowledge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hell no bro. Im glad u didn't. If it was a complete service, transfer case, rear diff, some seals and maybe a Ujoint i can see, but thats crazy.

Most of Those should be lifetime and only require service if theres a problem. Most TCs are lifetime filled and will normally outlast the vehicle. To my knowledge.
    I have a 'trusted' mechanic, I'd probably use him for stuff like this if I keep it. Small shop, hard working, booked out the gills...the price was so high relative to average it made me wonder if there was something I might be missing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I don't understand the inspection part. It is scheduled maint?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

No, there was a recall item and they inspected for other stuff, everything under the sun. I liked the tech at the dealship a lot actually. The prices are too steep though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No, there was a recall item and they inspected for other stuff, everything under the sun. I liked the tech at the dealship a lot actually. The prices are too steep though.
    If it doesnt make noise i wouldn't worry about it. You could bring it to your guy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information