Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL auto thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    My 2000 Dakota has a 4.7 and I also have a k&n. I get about 13 city, 15 highway. 4.7s are not meant to be very eco friendly. If Amber drives it for a week it gets around 11. Driving habits definitely make a difference.
    Does yours shift from 3rd to 4th too soon?
    The specs on the motor say it痴 suppose to get 15-20. I take the freeway to work every day (although it痴 bumper to bumper during rush hour). My mileage should be better. I can switch to an F150 with a 5.4 and get better mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    You should buy a Lincoln.
    I don't think I could even find one around here. You never see them. They don't survive in Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I知 the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I have a Ram 1500 and average 17-18 mpg.
    Which year and motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The specs on the motor say it’s suppose to get 15-20. I take the freeway to work every day (although it’s bumper to bumper during rush hour). My mileage should be better. I can switch to an F150 with a 5.4 and get better mileage.
    Nope tranny is fine. That's 15-20 brand new in a 2wd. It's not happening. As for the f150, they are ok, 5.4s are junk though, but as my best friend who has been a mechanic for 20 years says, " ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it wasn't for Fords my tools would rust."
    I知 the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by al wilson 4 mayor View Post
    which year and motor?

5.7l
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post

5.7l
    4wd?
    I talked to a guy a few months ago who was getting 18-20 with that motor in a 4wd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

The specs on the motor say it’s suppose to get 15-20. I take the freeway to work every day (although it’s bumper to bumper during rush hour). My mileage should be better. I can switch to an F150 with a 5.4 and get better mileage.
    Nope tranny is fine. That's 15-20 brand new in a 2wd. It's not happening. As for the f150, they are ok, 5.4s are junk though, but as my best friend who has been a mechanic for 20 years says, " ashes to ashes, dust to dust, if it wasn't for Fords my tools would rust."
    idk I have had much better luck with Ford and Lincoln than all other makes I've had and I had a TON of cars, Cadillacs to Chevys to Pontiac to Nissan. Never had any issues from my Lincolns I've had.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I think Fords 4.6s are some if the best V8s. The 5.4 had a spark plug problem but it is eaily resolved with a die and recut of the spark plug.

I had an 08 F150 with the 5.4. It痴 not the best motor out there, but it mileage and horsepower are both superior to the Dodge 4.7.
    I have a buddy who has the new turbo charged v6. Those things are sweet. His produces 375 ponies. He has a lead foot and still gets 16-17mpg around town.
    I want that motor or the 5.0, but they池e just slightly out of my budget atm so I値l probably get an 09 or a 10 with a 5.4.
    I like the chevy 5.3, but too pricy

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think Fords 4.6s are some if the best V8s. The 5.4 had a spark plug problem but it is eaily resolved with a die and recut of the spark plug.
    The wierd ass belt system on older 5.4s is a nightmare. I've never had the pleasure of experiencing it though. I stick with mopar gear usually, but I really do like my altima.
    I知 the hobbit.

I had an 08 F150 with the 5.4. It’s not the best motor out there, but it mileage and horsepower are both superior to the Dodge 4.7.
    I have a buddy who has the new turbo charged v6. Those things are sweet. His produces 375 ponies. He has a lead foot and still gets 16-17mpg around town.
    I want that motor or the 5.0, but they’re just slightly out of my budget atm so I’ll probably get an 09 or a 10 with a 5.4.
    I like the chevy 5.3, but too pricy
    The 4.7 was the replacement to the 5.2 (318). It has good power for the size, but is much better off in Dakota's than full size rams. It didn't stick around long in the full size thankfully as the hemis replaced them mid 2000s. I believe 07 is the last year the 4.7 was available in anything. Again, it is not an economical motor.
    I知 the hobbit.

My 97 Tacoma was a tank. An underpowered, 400k miles still sold it for $3500 because people love those damn things tank.
    I知 the hobbit.

13. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    The wierd ass belt system on older 5.4s is a nightmare. I've never had the pleasure of experiencing it though. I stick with mopar gear usually, but I really do like my altima.
    Yeah my Aviator has a weird serpentine belt set. Had them replace it first thing before I got it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'm proud to say I've never owned a Ford branded vehicle.

I don't like them. They're like the Raiders of the car/truck world.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm proud to say I've never owned a Ford branded vehicle.

I don't like them. They're like the Raiders of the car/truck world.
    ...but you owned a Jeep Patriot lol

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information