Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Trade Up to #3 To Get Ahead Of The Broncos!

Default Jets Trade Up to #3 To Get Ahead Of The Broncos!

Breaking News from NFL Network.com "Jets acquire #3 overall pick in the 2018 draft from the Colts. Jets give up #6, #39, #49 in this year's draft, and the Jets 2019 second round pick to move up from #6 to #3."

This is a move for the Jets to move up ahead of the Broncos. The Jets were reportedly wanting the same QBs (Rosen & Mayfield) that the Broncos reportedly wanted. So, they move up to get their own choice. That or, they are convinced that either the Giants or Browns will not trade their picks or that either or both will not take a QB. Or, they are sure that the Giants and Jets won't take the QB they want.

Either way, the Broncos would now be screwed if they wanted the same QB as the Jets. They would either have to pay a HUGE price to move up to #2 or else take the Jets' leavings!

I'd say this ups the odds the Broncos do NOT select a QB at #5!

It's a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Thanks dmac.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Well yeah, because it ups the odds of the top 4 QBs all being gone at 5. If QBs go 1-4, which is now extremely likely, Denver gets an LT/Barry Sanders talent. If a QB that we don't want lasts, Buffalo, Arizona, and Miami will be on the phone with a king's ransom. It will be really hard for Elway to screw this up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Breaking News from NFL Network.com "Jets acquire #3 overall pick in the 2018 draft from the Colts. Jets give up #6, #39, #49 in this year's draft, and the Jets 2019 second round pick to move up from #6 to #3."

This is a move for the Jets to move up ahead of the Broncos. The Jets were reportedly wanting the same QBs (Rosen & Mayfield) that the Broncos reportedly wanted. So, they move up to get their own choice. That or, they are convinced that either the Giants or Browns will not trade their picks or that either or both will not take a QB. Or, they are sure that the Giants and Jets won't take the QB they want.

Either way, the Broncos would now be screwed if they wanted the same QB as the Jets. They would either have to pay a HUGE price to move up to #2 or else take the Jets' leavings!

I wouldn't say screwed, it could keep them from getting a quarterback in the top five but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Btw the why would they have to move to number two? They could also trade places with Browns and still assure themselves of getting a quarterback, if that is what they want to do.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 03-17-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Well yeah, because it ups the odds of the top 4 QBs all being gone at 5. If QBs go 1-4, which is now extremely likely, Denver gets an LT/Barry Sanders talent. If a QB that we don't want lasts, Buffalo, Arizona, and Miami will be on the phone with a king's ransom. It will be really hard for Elway to screw this up.
    Oh, I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. I think Elway probably swore a blue streak when he heard the news, but it was predictable if the rumors that the Jets liked the same 2 QBs the Broncos did were true. The question was whether the Browns, Giants or Colts would part with their picks.

The Browns were always supposed to be willing to part with their #4 pick, and the Colts were obviously willing to trade back from #3 because they didn't need a QB. But, this means that if Elway really wanted Josh Rosen, say and the Jets really wanted him too, the Jets grab him at #3.

That might mean that the QB Elway targeted will be long gone by #5. And he CAN'T move up now because #3 was the obvious spot for the Broncos to move to without giving up too much.

That's because at least 1 of the top 2 is expected to consider taking Chubb or Barkley. That would leave two of three of Darnold, Allen or Mayfield on the board at #4. It also means the Broncos probably cannot draft Josh Rosen. (Assuming the rumors are true that said the Jets and Broncos both wanted him).

Of course the Broncos could be good with drafting Baker Mayfield, but he is likely to want to start soon, and the Broncos are starting Keenum this year. They are paying him way too much to sit on the bench!

8. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

My belief right now is that it's either draft Josh Allen or Chubb or Barkley or Nelson at #5. Assuming they don't trade back.

10. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

My belief right now is that it's either draft Josh Allen or Chubb or Barkley or Nelson at #5. Assuming they don't trade back.
    Chubb has a motor, don't get me wrong, but the guy is not a freak talent like a Miller, Clowney, or Garrett. Nelson (As RT) is the better bet to maximize the pick value if Barkley is gone and we go non QB. IMO, all 4 QBs are worthy of top 5 picks, with Mayfield highest risk. All will sit 2 games minimum, so really not end of world to take a guy who isn't ready.

12. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I think the Jets may have wasted some draft capital. No one knows whether the Broncos are
    even interested in a QB now, much less the Jets. The Broncos may be giving either a little
    wry grin or a big yawn at that . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Chubb has a motor, don't get me wrong, but the guy is not a freak talent like a Miller, Clowney, or Garrett. Nelson (As RT) is the better bet to maximize the pick value if Barkley is gone and we go non QB. IMO, all 4 QBs are worthy of top 5 picks, with Mayfield highest risk. All will sit 2 games minimum, so really not end of world to take a guy who isn't ready.
    I have to agree. I may be wrong, but I personally don't see Chubb as a top five after watching some of his action.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

I really dont think the Broncos were even planning on taking a QB at 5. I believe they just wanted everyone to think that they were. This almost guarantees Nelson or Barkley to be there at 5, especially if the Giants trade down too. If that happens then we will do nothing, we will stay and take BPA.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

17. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I really dont think the Broncos were even planning on taking a QB at 5. I believe they just wanted everyone to think that they were. This almost guarantees Nelson or Barkley to be there at 5, especially if the Giants trade down too. If that happens then we will do nothing, we will stay and take BPA.
    That would be fine with me, but a lot of people will lose their minds. Particularly the "Boomer Sooners". Yawn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

It looks like Keenum is our new Broncos starting QB. I think Broncos will go for OT or OG in the 1st round. I don't think they will go for QB. Just like DenBronx said.

2018's QB Depth Chart.

1. Keenum

2. Lynch

3. Kelly

20. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    It looks like Keenum is our new Broncos starting QB. I think Broncos will go for OT or OG in the 1st round. I don't think they will go for QB. Just like DenBronx said.

2018's QB Depth Chart.

1. Keenum

2. Lynch

3. Kelly
    I don't think they will select an OT in the 1st round. Maybe OG.
    Whatever direction they go , I will say this is the most important draft for Elway.
    He has to get this right or his days as a GM may be numbered.

22. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Our pick is looking more and more like Nelson and drafting a QB later. I can live with that. Are these guys any better than Keenum at this stage of his career? Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen are intriguing but HUGE risks. Why not just build around Keenum and lets get this party started?

Where would Chad Kelly fall in this draft? I see him beating out Lynch for the #2. Had we signed Kirk Cousins no one would consider us taking a QB at 5. How much of a drop off from Cousins to Keenum is there? Not much and Keenum actually fits our style better right? Lets put some more protection and weapons around him and still have a manageable cap shall we?

We can then re-evaluate at the end of the year.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information