Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Trade Up to #3 To Get Ahead Of The Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Don't F with head injuries. As you said...he is smart. Smart enough to get paid and realize all the neurological crap ain't worth it.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Don't F with head injuries. As you said...he is smart. Smart enough to get paid and realize all the neurological crap ain't worth it.
    Smart enough to know that he's a football player and wants to play football. Which also speaks to his character. He's also going to be on a rookie deal, which isn't a killer, and if he retires the team is off the hook. Five years from now, or four years from now, he's going to back out after getting a deal? At this point we're taking every flaw the kid has and massively extrapolating from it.

I'm not with you on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Smart enough to know that he's a football player and wants to play football. Which also speaks to his character. He's also going to be on a rookie deal, which isn't a killer, and if he retires the team is off the hook. Five years from now, or four years from now, he's going to back out after getting a deal? At this point we're taking every flaw the kid has and massively extrapolating from it.

I'm not with you on this one.
    Hardly nitpicking flaws. I wouldn't draft ANYONE with multiple concussions before even finishing college. I don't need you to be with me. It's my viewpoint.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Hardly nitpicking flaws. I wouldn't draft ANYONE with multiple concussions before even finishing college. I don't need you to be with me. It's my viewpoint.
    I'm no expert, but common sense tells me that Rosen smartly prioritizes his long term health over making the HOF. Who else sees this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Serious question: Would there be anyone to draft with this theory?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    What are the details on his concussions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Oh no, it's nitpicking. Because we don't know he'll get another one, we don't know how bad the other ones were, and we don't know what his priorities are. Every actual indication that we do know suggests that his detractors are wrong in this regard, though. But when I say nitpicking, I do mean it, although not necessarily directed at you, per se: I've noted over the past few days that Allen's accuracy issues have magically gone away; Darnold's issues with regressing after one year and having turnover issues suddenly aren't that important; and Mayfield's attitude and physical deficiencies don't matter, either. Now that's just a general observation, but it is what it is.

It's a message board, I was finding a polite way to say that I think you are wrong.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I just want to know why King is so enamored with Rosen!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

There are some players who consistently have concussion issues to include being more prone to them than others and experiencing longer recovery times. I would shy away from a high pick or paying big FA money to a guy with those concerns.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    What are the details on his concussions?
    I have no idea. I do know it's almost physically impossible to draft a player who hasn't had a concussion.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Oh no, it's nitpicking. Because we don't know he'll get another one, we don't know how bad the other ones were, and we don't know what his priorities are. Every actual indication that we do know suggests that his detractors are wrong in this regard, though. But when I say nitpicking, I do mean it, although not necessarily directed at you, per se: I've noted over the past few days that Allen's accuracy issues have magically gone away; Darnold's issues with regressing after one year and having turnover issues suddenly aren't that important; and Mayfield's attitude and physical deficiencies don't matter, either. Now that's just a general observation, but it is what it is.

It's a message board, I was finding a polite way to say that I think you are wrong.
    When I think people nitpick, my belief is that they are looking for an excuse to support their dislike for something regardless of how irrational their dislike may be. I have no dislike for Rosen. I don't believe I've made 1 negative comment about him. In this day and age players are retiring early when concerned about long term health. I don't blame them. But I also wouldn't make a big investment in those players who are consistently injured or who have the concussion concerns.

14. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I have no idea. I do know it's almost physically impossible to draft a player who hasn't had a concussion.
    I agree that most if not all have had some sort. But is time being missed? Are they considered to be severe? Is recovery longer than the average? Are concussions occurring more frequently as they pile up? Are they occurring on seemingly minimal contact plays? Unfortunately some bodies/heads can't handle the contact as well as others

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I just want to know why King is so enamored with Rosen!
    Because physical tools are overrated. Unless you're so horribly deficient, and shouldn't be in the league, you can't get by with just that. Cam Newton is bad at being a QB, but he's the exception to the rule because of how talented he is. That type of guy isn't out there often. But, neither are minds like Rosen. Take someone who can dissect a playbook, tell you why every play is in there, and have categorical knowledge of the playbook, the theories behind it, the specific theories of that playbook, why it's constructed that way, etc. The guy views the game on a systemic level - on a fundamental and theoretical level as well as not just the theory, but the actual practice of it. And he's hyper competitive, even as far as athletes go. Trent Dilfer heard about Rosen when he was in high school. Not uncommon for prospects, but he's panned out from that time and he has that mind. He has a really good arm, not a great one, but with arm strength to spare. He's the best pure passer in the class and he has the best mind.

He'll end up putting on some weight and that critique goes out the window. Then you have the concussion argument, which isn't worthless, but is probably being overblown. Then you have the bad teammate knock, which is in dispute. Then you have the attitude issues which are really more of a 'political bent' that I won't get into.

Take aside the concussion thing for a second - where's the actual problem? There's not much of one - he's probably the most underrated player in the entire draft. And make no mistake, I'd be fine with multiple QB's here. Allen developing behind CK actually makes a modicum of sense, even though we paid a horrible price for a backup QB. Mayfield could probably start, and while I wish he was taller, the rest of the boxes get checked. Then you have Darnold, who is, to some, the best overall package, but raw. Etc. Point being, I would prefer Rosen because I see a rare mix of high end intellect, competitive spirit, and polished play, but I could get on board with a lot of the QB's.

TL;DR - is that instead of having to choose between the arm and the super brain, you rarely don't get to have both, and Rosen represents both.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

When I think people nitpick, my belief is that they are looking for an excuse to support their dislike for something regardless of how irrational their dislike may be. I have no dislike for Rosen. I don't believe I've made 1 negative comment about him. In this day and age players are retiring early when concerned about long term health. I don't blame them. But I also wouldn't make a big investment in those players who are consistently injured or who have the concussion concerns.
    Nitpicking isn't necessarily just a dislike thing - in law school we nitpick everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I agree that most if not all have had some sort. But is time being missed? Are they considered to be severe? Is recovery longer than the average? Are concussions occurring more frequently as they pile up? Are they occurring on seemingly minimal contact plays? Unfortunately some bodies/heads can't handle the contact as well as others
    The stuff I've read about studies has indicated that there are no levels to concussions. You're causing damage to your brain, period. And there's no way to predict or know if the next one for any concussion for any one will cause long-lasting harm or have long-lasting effects.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information