Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Trade Up to #3 To Get Ahead Of The Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:

Rosen may be the best right now...but if Allen and Darnold can live up to their potential, they will exceed his skills in the long run.

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Rosen may be the best right now...but if Allen and Darnold can live up to their potential, they will exceed his skills in the long run.
    His leg up in the long term is his intellect. That's why he has the highest overall ceiling out of all of them - he can be the closest thing to Manning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    His leg up in the long term is his intellect. That's why he has the highest overall ceiling out of all of them - he can be the closest thing to Manning.
    Not sure if you read that or made it up, but all of the reports I've read state that most GM's thought Mayfield had the highest football IQ in this draft class.

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    My point was the seemingly abrasive personality. I think Jay and Rosen Care about football a lot. I like Rosen it wasn't a knock just a observation.
    Jay Cutler had so much physical talent that only supreme indifference to his development and his teammates kept him out of the Hall of Fame. He had the size, athleticism, and superb arm talent. His talent was his curse. He was one of those guys who always was successful based on pure ability and never had to dedicate himself the way Peyton Manning did.

And he grew to resent all those coaches and fans and media who kept criticizing him for being an underachiever. He simply didn't care. Hence MR. "I-Don't-Care!"

Not sure if you read that or made it up, but all of the reports I've read state that most GM's thought Mayfield had the highest football IQ in this draft class.
    It might be that Mayfield is the most NFL ready from an intellectual perspective, but his durability is in question. There's a reason teams want 6'4" QBs with great arm talent. Those guys - IF they have the work ethic to develop their talent, can have the durability to become long term franchise QBs.

In this draft that is Darnold and Allen, not Rosen or Mayfield. I don't express any opinion on all these guys. I'd be fine with drafting Mayfield, if Elway is sure that guy is the long term answer.

But, he'd better be right!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    It might be that Mayfield is the most NFL ready from an intellectual perspective, but his durability is in question. There's a reason teams want 6'4" QBs with great arm talent. Those guys - IF they have the work ethic to develop their talent, can have the durability to become long term franchise QBs.

In this draft that is Darnold and Allen, not Rosen or Mayfield. I don't express any opinion on all these guys. I'd be fine with drafting Mayfield, if Elway is sure that guy is the long term answer.

But, he'd better be right!
    Rosen is 6'4"and has had injury issues.

I do not disagree with you too often when it comes to prospects but I do not agree too much with this.

Allen I can see. If he lives up to his potential he can be a luck, a big ben, and elway, he could be a HOF QB. But I am just not sure. To me its the biggest IF of all the QBs. He has the longest ways to go but also the highest ceiling of all no doubt.

I do not see how Darnold can be better than Rosen. Darnolds mechanics are not as good. His arm may be stronger but not much. His accuracy and decisions are not as good as Rosen. He has more leadership so that can boost his ceiling but maybe Rosen will get some too. I do not know....

To me, for now, I do not see the potential in Darnold being that much higher than Rosen. Why do you see? What do you know that I am missing?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Rosen is 6'4"and has had injury issues.
    I was thinking of Mayfield. Obviously injury is a concern with Rosen, who has a slighter physique than Allen or Darnold, but again, I don't know which, if any, of these QBs translate best to the NFL.

As Kyle Shanahan said, the college game is so different that mostly scouts only have arm talent to go by. Based solely off that, maybe Rosen is the most NFL style QB of the four? & Allen has the best arm.

I imagine that difference between college and pro game is why so many QBs miss, and QBs taken later in the draft are sometimes successes (Russell Wilson).

Yeah, Coach, I make things up.

Rosen is the guy who doesn't just understand the playbook, he understands the theory behind the playbook. Like from top to bottom, the way a coach would. It's a higher level of understanding. That is not Baker Mayfield, who isn't a slouch, either.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Yeah, Coach, I make things up.

Rosen is the guy who doesn't just understand the playbook, he understands the theory behind the playbook. Like from top to bottom, the way a coach would. It's a higher level of understanding. That is not Baker Mayfield, who isn't a slouch, either.
    I'd take Rosen over Mayfield too for the on-field offensive coordinator potential. I like Mayfield's chip though. Rosen has a chip, too, but it's different somehow. Like he needs to show the world who's boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wish I could have been in those interviews about dissecting a play.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Have zero issues with Rosen the player or his attitude. I'd never draft a QB that early who already has multiple concussions.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Have zero issues with Rosen the player or his attitude. I'd never draft a QB that early who already has multiple concussions.
    Yeah. ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'd take Rosen over Mayfield too for the on-field offensive coordinator potential. I like Mayfield's chip though. Rosen has a chip, too, but it's different somehow. Like he needs to show the world who's boss.
    He's the dude who can teach the law school class and win in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah. ****.
    They said Munoz's career was over when he tore his ACL. The lowly Bengals drafted him and he's arguably the best LT ever. They said McGagahee would never be a topflight back, and he actually was for a portion of his career. Brees' career was supposed to be just about done when the Saints signed him.

Now, only one of those scenarios is a pre-draft injury, but at that point in time the ACL tear was supposed to be a real killer, and for a lot of players it was. He has two concussions. One was severe, and one caused him to miss a game. Are you rolling the dice with him? Well, considering he's probably the most accurate passer, and that he's the most pro-ready, I'm not certain he's even the biggest gamble out of the QB's.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information