Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Jets Trade Up to #3 To Get Ahead Of The Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I don't know Cug, if Elway believed that Keenum is more than a transition quarterback it doesn't make sense to give him just a two year deal.
    From what I have heard, that's what Keenum wanted. It could be that he knows he would be
    signing for much less than the top tier QBs and wants to prove himself over a couple years
    to get his own piece of the pie . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    From what I have heard, that's what Keenum wanted. It could be that he knows he would be
    signing for much less than the top tier QBs and wants to prove himself over a couple years
    As I said, I don't think the Broncos would offer just a two deal if they think he's longer term fix. I doubt Keenum would have turned if it were offered.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    As I said, I don't think the Broncos would offer just a two deal if they think he's longer term fix. I doubt Keenum would have turned if it were offered.
    This is a one year audition for Keenum. Elway is giving him a chance to become the long term franchise QB, but it's only a 1 year audition.

Of course they didn't offer Keenum a full 4 year deal, which would mean a $50m + guarantee. Their guarantee was $36m which is about NFL starting QB average.

If Keenum plays like he did last year, then he's a huge bargain. The Broncos tear up his contract and sign him to a new 4 year deal at $20-22m a year or something. Long term franchise QB.

If Keenum plays average, they keep him and draft another QB in 2019 assuming they don't do that in the 2nd or later rounds in 2018.

If he sucks they would have to work on him and draft a QB and start that guy.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    This is a one year audition for Keenum. Elway is giving him a chance to become the long term franchise QB, but it's only a 1 year audition.

Of course they didn't offer Keenum a full 4 year deal, which would mean a $50m + guarantee. Their guarantee was $36m which is about NFL starting QB average.

If Keenum plays like he did last year, then he's a huge bargain. The Broncos tear up his contract and sign him to a new 4 year deal at $20-22m a year or something. Long term franchise QB.

If Keenum plays average, they keep him and draft another QB in 2019 assuming they don't do that in the 2nd or later rounds in 2018.

I agree with that assessment. Based on that, I'll be kinda surprised if they use a premium pick on QB. Maybe...cough...Mike...cough...White...cough.

7. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

That seemed kind of Keenum's idea, too. He was asked about his contract in an interview, and
    he said something to the effect that he and his agent talked, and that is what they came up
    with, that he wanted the opportunity to prove himself. He asserted he will do better this year
    than he even did last year, so if he does, he knows he's in for a bigger payday. Anyway, this
    is my inference on the basis of he contract, FWIW. As quickly as the contract was signed, there
    couldn't have been much negotiation, so it was apparently amenable to both sides.

All this Case Keenum talk is depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    All this Case Keenum talk is depressing.
    My daughter may be able to give you a referral to a psychiatrist . . .

12. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

As quickly as the contract was signed, there
    couldn't have been much negotiation, so it was apparently amenable to both sides.
    the conversation between case and his agent took all of about three seconds. . .

"Wait, they're offering how much? Take it! TAKE IT!!"

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    the conversation between case and his agent took all of about three seconds. . .

"Wait, they're offering how much? Take it! TAKE IT!!"

That fax machine did NOT break down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    That fax machine did NOT break down.
    best believe they took that bad boy in for a tune-up the day before!

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

At which point the Broncos say goodbye and take the comp pick.

That’s a win/win.

All aboard the Case Keenum Comp Pick Train.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information