Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Trade Up to #3 To Get Ahead Of The Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Case Keenum or Chad Kelly fans? Both CK.
    Considering that the Kelly Fan Club probably has no more the 3 or 4 members in it, and Keenum has plenty of actual game film to analyse, the Keenum Fan Club is most likely to attempt such an argument.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I am a big Kelly fan. If he is focused on football that is a win for Denver and it will show this upcoming minicamp and TC. I pretty sure he is gonna push Paxton lynch to number 3 or even off the team. However because he has had mentality and focus issues in the past its still a wildcard.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

According to Cecil Lammey, Josh Rosen is sliding out of the top 5 because of character concerns, and injury concerns (multiple concussions, etc.). If this is true then the Jets trade sets up the following scenario:

#1 Cleveland now has to take a QB at #1. They would like to take Barkley #1 and a QB at #4, but the Jets move up means they likely can't get both. If they draft Barkley at #1 then, since Barkley is off the boards, the Giants take a QB, probably Sam Darnold at #2, then the Jets take Mayfield or Allen at #3 and the Browns are left with the other QB at #4. This would be like their trading down from #2 to give the Eagles Carson Wentz. Didn't go well, and their GM got fired. Only if they are happy taking any of 3 QBs and don't have a strong preference can they take Barkley #1.

Adam Schefter for this reason has insisted all along that he doesn't think it likely they take Barkley #1.

So, the Browns have to take their QB at #1. The Giants probably take Barkley at #2. The Jets at #3 take Mayfield or Allen leaving one of the top 3 QBs left.

The Browns can either take the best offensive player on the boards (G Quenton Nelson) or try and trade down from #4 to acquire more picks. If they trade, a team (Bills, Cardinals, Broncos) moves up to #4 and gets whoever is left (Mayfield or Allen).

IF the Broncos stand pat at #5 they would either have to draft Rosen, or else take whoever fell, which in this case would be a defensive player: Chubb or Minkah Fitzpatrick.

It would be tough in this scenario for Denver to find a trade partner to move down, since nobody wants Rosen at #5 and the other 3 Qbs are all off the boards by #4.

So, if this story is true: Rosen sliding due to character & off-field concerns, then that pretty much screws the Broncos. They desperately need either a future franchise QB or a stud OFFENSIVE player at #5, but in this (likely) scenario none is available and unless somebody wants Rosen at #5 they can't trade back.

We don't know that Elway doesn't want Rosen, but he has intensively scouted Mayfield, Darnold and Allen and the Jets were so worried the Broncos would take Allen or Mayfield ahead of them that they traded up to #3 and gave up 3 #2 picks to move up 3 spots. (THis is according to Cecil Lammey whose "sources" tell him that it was concern that the Broncos would take a QB at #5 that drove the Jets to move up to #3), so if his "sources" are right. . . )

They can't have been worried about Cleveland taking their QB at #4 because the Browns - if the Jets didn't trade up, might be able to take Barkley #1 and still get their QB at #4 because the Colts at #3 didin't need a QB. But, of course, the Jets do, so their guy could be off the boards at #4.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-20-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Has Cecil Lammey ever been right?

5. The Following 8 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

No, because the Broncos usually do the opposite which is why our drafts suck.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

The concussion thing is real. There are quite a fee pundits who feel the concussion history(at least 2 already) makes him too high of a risk.

The character thing is brash personality and arrogance. Not necessarily a deal breaker IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    The concussion thing is real. There are quite a fee pundits who feel the concussion history(at least 2 already) makes him too high of a risk.

The character thing is brash personality and arrogance. Not necessarily a deal breaker IMO.
    I remember when we first all migrated here from the freak, and I called you SmilinAss. Got a CYP.

It took these folks a while to get used to us freaks.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So, on Lammey’s authority I say they should trade down with Buffalo, 12 and 23, take Nelson at 12 and then Rosen ... in the 5th round.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Jay cutler and Rosen have very similar personalities FWIW....Just putting that out there

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    He's usually right. About this, I don't know any better than you. It could easily be Josh Allen the Jets are targeting. Either way, it's likely that Josh Rosen is the only QB of the top 4 on the board at #5.

Sam Darnold #1 to the Browns.
    Barkley #2 to the Giants
    Baker Mayfield #3 to the Jets
    Browns trade out of #4 to a team that wants to trade up and grab Josh Allen.

The problem for the Broncos is this: If they trade up for Allen they give up a couple of #2 picks - and then they can't significantly strengthen their OL or their overall roster. The defense continues to get weaker and weaker, they still don't have a TE or a Slot WR or any WR at all behind DT or Sanders, or a RT, or a RG or an ILB who can cover TEs or a penetrating DT or a CB to replace Talib.

And that's just starters, they also don't have quality backups at any of these positions so that if their inadequate starters at any of them are hurt, they have ZERO depth.

Frankly, I don't see what good even a Tom Brady level QB would do them this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Jay cutler and Rosen have very similar personalities FWIW....Just putting that out there
    I don't buy that one. Apparently some teams are leery of drafting Rosen in the top 5 because of concerns how committed he really is to doing the work and because of his injury history. I have no opinion whether they're right, I'm just repeating what others have said.

To say he's Mr. I Don't Care! though is a stretch. He'd have to not care a LOT to equal Cutler.

But, if Rosen falls to #12 that will be the reason. And if the Broncos sit tight at #5 they are unlikely to draft a QB there. (This is according to Denver7 Broncos Insider Troy Renk this AM).

I don't know how good HIS sources are either.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Considering that the Kelly Fan Club probably has no more the 3 or 4 members in it, and Keenum has plenty of actual game film to analyse, the Keenum Fan Club is most likely to attempt such an argument.
    Im a full fledged member
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Rosen is the best QB in this class. If he slipped to 5 we can thank Tebow for his mighty greatness.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

16. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I don't buy that one. Apparently some teams are leery of drafting Rosen in the top 5 because of concerns how committed he really is to doing the work and because of his injury history. I have no opinion whether they're right, I'm just repeating what others have said.

To say he's Mr. I Don't Care! though is a stretch. He'd have to not care a LOT to equal Cutler.

But, if Rosen falls to #12 that will be the reason. And if the Broncos sit tight at #5 they are unlikely to draft a QB there. (This is according to Denver7 Broncos Insider Troy Renk this AM).

I don't know how good HIS sources are either.

My point was the seemingly abrasive personality. I think Jay and Rosen Care about football a lot. I like Rosen it wasn't a knock just a observation.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Maybe so, at least Rosen has good mechanics. Cutler? Not so much

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information