Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Trade Up to #3 To Get Ahead Of The Broncos!

The Jets trading up was more about jumping ahead of the Bills than the Broncos. Buffalo was trying hard to get that pick as well.

2. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Our pick is looking more and more like Nelson and drafting a QB later. I can live with that. Are these guys any better than Keenum at this stage of his career? Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen are intriguing but HUGE risks. Why not just build around Keenum and lets get this party started?

Where would Chad Kelly fall in this draft? I see him beating out Lynch for the #2. Had we signed Kirk Cousins no one would consider us taking a QB at 5. How much of a drop off from Cousins to Keenum is there? Not much and Keenum actually fits our style better right? Lets put some more protection and weapons around him and still have a manageable cap shall we?

We can then re-evaluate at the end of the year.
    I'm not a scout, but Lamar Jackson is the only other QB prospect that makes me go "Wow." in this draft. This guy is every bit as athletic as a Watson, Vick, RG3, or Wilson. If Darnold and Rosen returned to school, Josh Allen would be #1, and we'd be having a conversation about whether or not Lamar Jackson is better than Baker Mayfield. It's entirely possible, even probable, that there are teams that have Lamar Jackson rated above members of the consensus top 4 QBs. Unfortunately for him, due to RG3's failure to develop into a pocket passer and Kaepernick's failure to develop into a franchise QB(nothing to do with kneeling), Lamar Jackson fell out of the top 5 pick conversation.

With that said, in any scenario where Elway passes on a QB at 5, it means not taking a QB in this draft. Lamar Jackson will be a top 15 pick due to scarcity, and Miami, Arizona, and Buffalo all without a clear long-term answer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I'm not a scout, but Lamar Jackson is the only other QB prospect that makes me go "Wow." in this draft. This guy is every bit as athletic as a Watson, Vick, RG3, or Wilson. If Darnold and Rosen returned to school, Josh Allen would be #1, and we'd be having a conversation about whether or not Lamar Jackson is better than Baker Mayfield. It's entirely possible, even probable, that there are teams that have Lamar Jackson rated above members of the consensus top 4 QBs. Unfortunately for him, due to RG3's failure to develop into a pocket passer and Kaepernick's failure to develop into a franchise QB(nothing to do with kneeling), Lamar Jackson fell out of the top 5 pick conversation.

With that said, in any scenario where Elway passes on a QB at 5, it means not taking a QB in this draft. Lamar Jackson will be a top 15 pick due to scarcity, and Miami, Arizona, and Buffalo all without a clear long-term answer.
    Dont be fooled UA, Jackson is not in the same class as Watson. He's athletic but thats about where it ends.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

Dont be fooled UA, Jackson is not in the same class as Watson. He's athletic but thats about where it ends.
    I am with this. Yet can always take a chance with Rudolph if hes available in 2nd rd. Broncos are in a win now approach as opposed to the NYJ.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I am with this. Yet can always take a chance with Rudolph if hes available in 2nd rd. Broncos are in a win now approach as opposed to the NYJ.
    I have no problem with Rudolph or Falk. Both those guys are actually more accurate passers than Jackson, Allen, and even Mayfield. I cant remember what thread it was in but i posted the rankings for their respective accuracy levels in college last year and was quite surprised by what i saw. Jackson to me will eventually fall into the same trap that Kaep, Vick, and Newton have/had faced where their college game does not translate long term at the NFL level. The story is still out on Watson because he has just played a few games for one year but you could tell that he thinks pass first (much like Russell Wilson) before opting to run the ball. And i truly believe that is the kind of QB you have to be at the professional level. Elway, S. Young, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, etc have all proven that having mobility is great but you have to know when and where to utilize it and not use it as a crutch. In the end you still need to be able to pass the ball with a high percentage of accuracy to succeed in the NFL. Cam tries to do that but his inconsistency with accuracy is what eventually gets him into trouble. Its the same thing that became an issue for Tebow as well. If you are going to be a hybrid QB than you need to be able to adapt at the pro level where passing/accuracy is the first priority. The mobility is just an added bonus for those types of players but i see many hybrids come into the NFL and ultimately fail because they think they can run it like they did in college. They may have a handful of good games doing that but there is no longevity to it especially when their bodies get banged up after a couple of years.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have no problem with Rudolph or Falk. Both those guys are actually more accurate passers than Jackson, Allen, and even Mayfield. I cant remember what thread it was in but i posted the rankings for their respective accuracy levels in college last year and was quite surprised by what i saw. Jackson to me will eventually fall into the same trap that Kaep, Vick, and Newton have/had faced where their college game does not translate long term at the NFL level. The story is still out on Watson because he has just played a few games for one year but you could tell that he thinks pass first (much like Russell Wilson) before opting to run the ball. And i truly believe that is the kind of QB you have to be at the professional level. Elway, S. Young, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, etc have all proven that having mobility is great but you have to know when and where to utilize it and not use it as a crutch. In the end you still need to be able to pass the ball with a high percentage of accuracy to succeed in the NFL. Cam tries to do that but his inconsistency with accuracy is what eventually gets him into trouble. Its the same thing that became an issue for Tebow as well. If you are going to be a hybrid QB than you need to be able to adapt at the pro level where passing/accuracy is the first priority. The mobility is just an added bonus for those types of players but i see many hybrids come into the NFL and ultimately fail because they think they can run it like they did in college. They may have a handful of good games doing that but there is no longevity to it especially when their bodies get banged up after a couple of years.
    That is a thought. I'm sure the Broncos could get either of those two (Rudolph or Falk) without
    spending their #5. Now that they have Keenum and can groom someone behind him, I could
    see their getting one of them and having him compete with Paxton behind Keenum for a couple
    years.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Rudolph is going in the first.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Rudolph is going in the first.
    We'll see. Somebody will likely slide. They usually do.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I like Rudolph over Falk, but Rudolph is PL clone as far as time needed to develop. Falk just tosses too many weak balls into coverage. He doesn't have many INTs but I've also rarely seen a QB have as many dropped.

But I actually like White of WKU if we go for a mid rounder. Aside from taking some unnecessary sacks, I don't see many weaknesses. Sign me up in round 3.
    Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 03-18-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I like Rudolph over Falk, but Rudolph is PL clone as far as time needed to develop. Falk just tosses too many weak balls into coverage. He doesn't have many INTs but I've also rarely seen a QB have as many dropped.

But I actually like White of WKU if we go for a mid rounder. Aside from taking some unnecessary sacks, I don't see many weaknesses. Sign me up in round 3.
    That's why I think he doesn't get past the Chargers, Saints and Steelers. All 3 have QB in place now while he develops. Say what you want about Allen and Rosen. I think Rudolph is the best deep ball thrower in this draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That's why I think he doesn't get past the Chargers, Saints and Steelers. All 3 have QB in place now while he develops. Say what you want about Allen and Rosen. I think Rudolph is the best deep ball thrower in this draft.
    best deep ball is between he and Darnold. I saw that dude drop some dimes. But White isn't far off. This is what I love about White...

1-Didn't play football til senior year in HS. (Baseball player) Still got to division 1 UCF.
    2-Played in 3 different systems and has 2 years legit pro style experience. Transferred after new UCF coach brought the read option crap.
    3-Can make all the thows and read defenses well. Smart kid.

Only 2 negatives I see anywhere for this kid are that he sometimes takes sacks he shouldn't and for some reason he struggles with leading WRs on slants.

I'd like to have your take on this, boys. https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-...en-best-bunch/
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I wouldn't mind Lamar Jackson if he fell to us in the second. Which he won't. But it would be fun.

17. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I'd like to have your take on this, boys. https://www.ndtscouting.com/ledyard-...en-best-bunch/
    Rosen lost that game against Texas A&M. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The grammar was poor. Is that what you wanted to know?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information