Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Chubb vs Notre Dame

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Default Bradley Chubb vs Notre Dame

This sequence against one of the top tackles and also against Nelson as they tried to double-team chub and they ran a lot of switch is why I'm more and more leaning towards drafting chub if he's still available at 5
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 03-17-2018 at 12:12 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I already miss watching football, especially college. The taunting flag was a gay and ridiculous call.

4. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Chubb is a tweener in our D. He's too small at 269 to play DE on every down. He'd have some of the same problems Gotsis did before he bulked up. If you play him at Shane Ray's spot, he's going to have to learn a new position and that includes coverage. I think with the Broncos he'd be a situational pass rusher at least the first year or two. You can't spend the #5 pick on a guy that's not out there every down on his side of the ball unless you're sure it's the QOTF.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

His film is less impressive than Rosen's, Mayfield's or Darnold....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Love him as a player...just not for our scheme

They would probably just misuse him like they did Walker.

Get a player they can't possibly **** up.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Awesome color commentary from Alvin the Chipmonk.

Personally, I thought McGlinchey was as impressive as Chubb but then the muddy track would slow down a speed rusher. Other than the one whiff and the false start, McGlinchey held his own well. I did like Chubb's hustle and did not give up on plays.

IIRC, there were hurricane squalls going through North Carolina and Virginia one weekend that year which made for some interesting football and "what the hell were they thinking?" logistics to make thousands of people slosh around in heavy rain for a football game.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Chubb is meh, he’s not much more dynamic when the weather is good. He’s a 4-3 DE, played last couple years at 275lbs.

He’d be better gets to run than Shane Ray, but so is Barrett.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Chubb is meh, he’s not much more dynamic when the weather is good. He’s a 4-3 DE, played last couple years at 275lbs.

He’d be better gets to run than Shane Ray, but so is Barrett.
    So would it be better (in lieu of a guard at 5) to trade down with Buffalo’s 12 & 22 and grab a Davenport or Edmunds and Maybe McGlinchey or Brown for a T? I was extremely disappointed with our pass rush last year and I can’t tell who Shane Ray is. Is he an undersized OLB who gets pushed around like last year or is he the guy who showed promise in relief of Ware?

Right now, if we don’t take a QB at 5, I’d rather have Chubb than the other top prospects. Ware was 269 when he came out too. He was always better at OLB than DE. Chubb has the athleticism to convert like Ware did.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Chubb isn't a 3-4 guy though. He'll be a damn solid 4-3 DE who will play run well and get 6-9 sacks per year.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Chubb isn't a 3-4 guy though. He'll be a damn solid 4-3 DE who will play run well and get 6-9 sacks per year.
    That sounds like a late first rounder to me.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    That sounds like a late first rounder to me.
    I don't disagree. That said, the market often dictates. If there is only DE of any value, his value tends to skyrocket. Right, wrong or otherwise.

17. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So would it be better (in lieu of a guard at 5) to trade down with Buffalo’s 12 & 22 and grab a Davenport or Edmunds and Maybe McGlinchey or Brown for a T? I was extremely disappointed with our pass rush last year and I can’t tell who Shane Ray is. Is he an undersized OLB who gets pushed around like last year or is he the guy who showed promise in relief of Ware?

Right now, if we don’t take a QB at 5, I’d rather have Chubb than the other top prospects. Ware was 269 when he came out too. He was always better at OLB than DE. Chubb has the athleticism to convert like Ware did.
    I know nothing about Davenport, he’s come out of nowhere and seems to be a bit passive from watching Senior Bowl. However, he’s projected to go Top 10, 12 might not be high enough. I love the idea of sticking with drafting defense first but I just don’t know if there is a candidate. Edmonds is looking to be long gone by 12 too.

Shane Ray isn’t undersized, but he might always start the season at 250 and end it at 235 if they can’t manage his weight, I was excited to see him finish the season thinking he’d still be around 250-ish with fresh legs but he has to be able to workout to stay pumped up. This is why a 3rd OLB is pivotal imo, maybe even 4 OLB’s to also keep Von fresh.

It would also help if Denver would get serious about the interior pass rush, with either scheme and/or personnel. Suh would’ve been ideal but my favorite is David Irving. A lot more of Shelby Harris is in order too. Gotsis is never going to be an interior pass rush threat, Kyle Peko is a waste of space and time.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Honestly, I would double down on OLB’s, move Barrett to ILB and focus on OL if QB isn’t the priority it needs to be.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I know he plays in A 4-3 right now but i think he is athletic enough to play olb in a 3-4. He aint Demarcus Walker. He is slightly less athletic than Garrett. He sees himself as a Mack or Miller. And he has played in odd fronts as a lb and De

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information