Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen.....vs Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I ‘d be cool taking a project if we had 1 example of developing one.
    Ouch, damn!

He ain’t lyin!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I got nothin’
    Some of their players actually get worse, PL, for example.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I am not sure. Because he was going a week ago, then he said he was sending just the scouts (right after the Jets moved up).

I think its a smokescreen.....of sorts. Did you see Allen perform in the senior bowl? Studly.

I think the Broncos have genuine interest. I also think they have genuine interest in the others.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I think its a smokescreen.....of sorts. Did you see Allen perform in the senior bowl? Studly.

I think the Broncos have genuine interest. I also think they have genuine interest in the others.

Allen scares me a bit because of time needed to develop, but I'm also a armchair GM at a keyboard on the message boards so lets not get it twisted. Denver is absolutely interested in Allen and are probably really pissed at the jets right now for moving up to 3. In fact if many remember a similar scenario occurred with Lynch if I'm not mistaken where they didn't think Denver was even going to be interested due to lack of presence at pro day or something along those lines.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Allen scares me a bit because of time needed to develop, but I'm also a armchair GM at a keyboard on the message boards so lets not get it twisted. Denver is absolutely interested in Allen and are probably really pissed at the jets right now for moving up to 3. In fact if many remember a similar scenario occurred with Lynch if I'm not mistaken where they didn't think Denver was even going to be interested due to lack of presence at pro day or something along those lines.
    Well, perhaps they got their "grass is greener" syndrome solved for them. I think it's about
    time for them to develop what they have, rather than an another raw recruit to the collection.
    Do they want a raw QB with a howitzer arm and some accuracy issues? They have Paxton
    Lynch, who has never really had a chance to develop. If they brought in Allen, would they
    have two Paxton Lynches or two Josh Allens?

To me, if they draft a QB, I do like the idea of Baker Mayfield, a contrast to what they have
    now. But I'm not crazy about throwing the #5 after any QB. Adding Quentin Nelson or
    Saquon Barkley would be giving them what they don't have now and would dramatically
    improve the team right now. IMHO.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Well, perhaps they got their "grass is greener" syndrome solved for them. I think it's about
    time for them to develop what they have, rather than an another raw recruit to the collection.
    Do they want a raw QB with a howitzer arm and some accuracy issues? They have Paxton
    Lynch, who has never really had a chance to develop. If they brought in Allen, would they
    have two Paxton Lynches or two Josh Allens?

To me, if they draft a QB, I do like the idea of Baker Mayfield, a contrast to what they have
    now. But I'm not crazy about throwing the #5 after any QB. Adding Quentin Nelson or
    Saquon Barkley would be giving them what they don't have now and would dramatically
    improve the team right now. IMHO.
    Im thinking....probably to the chagrin of many.....that Elway plans on trading up to get his man. ONLY man that I can see trading up from 5 is Allen...simply because the only thing setting him apart from the others is that huge arm. (sound of rear ends puckering) All these QBs, when all is considered, are about even when it comes to risk. What sets Allen apart is his howitzer, athleticism and size.

If the Browns take Darnold....I think the Broncos go up and get Allen (cue rocks) at 2.....If the Giants are focused on non-QB......then Denver is their dream trade partner. Browns arent trading out of 4.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're taking a QB in the first round. However, if we were to get Allen, his selection would make the CK signing palatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Things seem to be changing. Instead of Baker Mayfield, the Jets are now supposed to be targeting Josh Allen. I have no idea if this is true, but it is interesting.

So, conceivably Allen'd be off the board at #3. If the Jets take Mayfield, the Browns at #4 would try and trade down out of that pick for someone who wants him, presumably Buffalo or Denver.

I doubt Elway is willing to give up a high round draft pick to move up 1 spot, but who knows? He could. It would cost a 4th or late 3rd round pick though (100 points to go from #5 to #4). And that's assuming the Browns wouldn't want a premium (the Broncos third round #71 pick, not their #99 pick).

Considering how many starters this team needs that's a high price to pay, but if Elway is convinced Allen is his QB of the future, then go for it. Unfortunately that would mean they don't really strengthen the team though. Since the roster just got worse, not better with the loss of players like Talib, Cody Latimer (special teams ace), Virgil Green, Kyle Pecko. None outside Talib were stars, but losing them all doesn't help.

And CJ Anderson may not be back either.

They have added virtually nobody of note in FA to fill gaping wounds at TE, RT, G, DT, ILB or CB.

So, the draft is all important. They keep talking about having 10 picks in this years' draft, but if they trade several of them away to get a QB who won't even start in 2018. . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I doubt highly that we move up at all. Consensus is 7-8 TOP players...4QB, Saquon, Chubb, Nelson and maybe Fitz. Why give up anything when you are guaranteed one of them and they are ALL position of need?

11. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I doubt highly that we move up at all. Consensus is 7-8 TOP players...4QB, Saquon, Chubb, Nelson and maybe Fitz. Why give up anything when you are guaranteed one of them and they are ALL position of need?
    There was story that Denver and Giants were talking. The NYG wanted to ensure Chubbs or Nelson was in the 5 spot before the trade happened.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

13. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    There was story that Denver and Giants were talking. The NYG wanted to ensure Chubbs or Nelson was in the 5 spot before the trade happened.
    And again I say...Liar season

That scenario is strategically impossible. You can't wait to trade 2 until you know what happens at 5.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

"We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

16. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    And again I say...Liar season

That scenario is strategically impossible. You can't wait to trade 2 until you know what happens at 5.
    Strategery, it’s hard.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Btw, I believe the Giants were once involved in a draft/trade scenario like this where the strategery work out for both teams.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-drafts-top-qb

“"Josh Allen is the best quarterback in this draft. I think all of the talk about his accuracy is the most overblown thing out there. His guys don't get open, which causes a lot of the incompletions -- it's not an accuracy issue." -- NFC executive
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information