Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Allen.....vs Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Allen remind me a lot of Brett Farve. I would comfortable if Denver picked him at 5 with Keenum working as the starter for the next year or so.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

2. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I'm not arguing that Josh Allen is Jeff George. For one thing I don't even have an opinion on that. For another nobody can know at this point. But, I pointed out that pure arm talent had Jeff George the #1 overall pick, so that can be an overrated ability!

Jay Cutler had amazing arm talent too.

Not to jump in but Allen has arm talent that surpasses both these guys by far. The man could throw the ball 80 yards as a frosh. You better believe he can chuck it 85 or over now.......can anyone wrap their brain around that?
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Not to jump in but Allen has arm talent that surpasses both these guys by far. The man could throw the ball 80 yards as a frosh. You better believe he can chuck it 85 or over now.......can anyone wrap their brain around that?
    Most importantly, imo, He's also been running Pro concepts with Pro verbiage and making full field reads for 3 seasons. All that physical talent to go along with better mental preparation than 99% of draft prospects.

His accuracy is said to be mitigated by improving footwork, not to suggest he'll ever complete 67% like CK but in a dink and dunk offense I wouldn't count him out.

This could be the Matthew Stafford exception to the rule.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

An Elway-type arm. I watched a video where Elway threw the ball about 80 yards in high school.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Much like Elway and Farve, Allen has no touch on the ball right now. Everything is the heater.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Irrelevant, unless the OL can hold their blocks long enough for the receivers to get about 60-65 yards down field so they can get to the same spot 85 yards down field at the same time as the ball.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I like Allen, but I feel he is a year from starter ready. I think if we don't go Mayfield or Rosen who can start day 1, we should address other needs. Our top need was QB, but I feel better there, not sold but more confident then the last 2 years. For me we need the best damn cover linebacker in this draft, a DT(don't forget the Gostis issue) and a RT in the first 3 rds for sure. Our defense is still top 10, but the 3rd/4th CB for Dime and nickel and the lack of DT options on the team, as well as the need for a LB who can actually cover is even more pressing in my eyes. Lets not forget the Gostis issue at DT. We are thin behind Peko and Wolfe.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You want to know who else could throw the long ball like that? Kyle Boller.

Having a strong arm is nice, but without accuracy it means nothing.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You want to know who else could throw the long ball like that? Kyle Boller.

Having a strong arm is nice, but without accuracy it means nothing.
    Agreed, I love a cannon arm, but his accuracy scares the crap out of me. We have seen enough of poor accurate throwing in Denver for awhile. I think he is coachable, but I don't think that's enough to warrant ignoring the holes we currently have on defense and the OL
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

for those critical of allen because of his completion %

who many misses were account of the bad oline forcing him to force it or throw it

who many were because of the lack of talent around him in the wr position?

you can say wyo didn't play a lot of good teams...but wyo didn't have a lot of talent either

Allen and Elway are gonna fight?

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Agreed, I love a cannon arm, but his accuracy scares the crap out of me. We have seen enough of poor accurate throwing in Denver for awhile. I think he is coachable, but I don't think that's enough to warrant ignoring the holes we currently have on defense and the OL
    Absolutely my thoughts. The Broncos already have a QB from the first round of a draft who
    has a cannon arm but has had accuracy problems. So are they going to start a collection of
    them?

I personally think they just signed a good QB, and Lynch, I hear, is working his butt off this
    off season with a mentor on his mechanics. Of course, that doesn't tell us what might linger
    between PL's ears, but at least we may see better footwork and accuracy from him this year.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    for those critical of allen because of his completion %

who many misses were account of the bad oline forcing him to force it or throw it

who many were because of the lack of talent around him in the wr position?

you can say wyo didn't play a lot of good teams...but wyo didn't have a lot of talent either
    Also have to take into account the quality of coaching at Wyoming isn't going to be on par with that at UCLA, USC or Oklahoma. That being said, the amount of improvement I've seen in Allen from his Bowl game to Senior Bowl to Combine has been legit. He's obviously working with QB gurus and making strides with better the coaching.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Also have to take into account the quality of coaching at Wyoming isn't going to be on par with that at UCLA, USC or Oklahoma. That being said, the amount of improvement I've seen in Allen from his Bowl game to Senior Bowl to Combine has been legit. He's obviously working with QB gurus and making strides with better the coaching.
    WYO staff is actually pretty good having come over from NDSU and they were the one they developed Weitz. Lots of pro concept and plays in that offense. Allen is training with Darnold in Socal to improve which is good.

**** it, draft his ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information