Poll: With the 5th pick in the NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: With The 5th Pick of the NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select..............

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Great question. I think he is the best player in the draft hand down. But I likely don't take him. I personally woulda kept Crowell. Look at the last half dozen champs. Did any of em have franchise RBs? Unfortunately the position isn't as valuable as it historically has been. He would clearly make them better but he doesn't fit what i believe the championship formula currently is:

1-Good if not great QB
    2-Outstanding oline play
    3- A stable of good weapons everywhere on offense and not necessarily1 great weapon. Pay less for more.
    4-A D that can hold up and be scheme diverse.
    I agree with you and I think that Dorsey isn’t about being the same old Browns. I think he’s gonna get his QB this time. One he is sure can be the franchise. Whether that QB is great or not remains to be seen, but the last thing that organization needs is another year with another guy they took a flyer on at QB. I think there’s no way they just “settle” for a QB. Hell if all the pundits. out there are correct and 3 QBs come off the board 1, 2, 3, Barkley will still be there at 4 anyway.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 03-17-2018 at 02:18 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I agree with you and I think that Dorsey isn’t about being the same old Browns. I think he’s gonna get his QB this time. One he is sure can be the franchise. Whether that QB is great or not remains to be seen, but the last thing that organization needs is another year with another guy they took a flyer on at QB. I think there’s no way they just “settle” for a QB. Hell if all the pundits. out there are correct and 3 QBs come off the board 1, 2, 3, Barkley will still be there at 4 anyway.
    But if they truly like 3 of the QBs...then they are still guaranteed one of them in the 4 spot.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

But if they truly like 3 of the QBs...then they are still guaranteed one of them in the 4 spot.
    But wouldn’t you rather get “your guy”? I mean I’m sure you have a list, everyone does, based on what they’ve seen or know so far from the combine, pro days, tape, etc. Settling at QB is dumb if you don’t have to. Let’s say they wait until 4 and Darnold and Rosen are gone. They take Allen and he busts but Rosen and Darnold are great. They knew, and everyone else knew Allen was a project and the other two were better but they let the shiny object (Barkley) that they could’ve had at 4 anyway distract them.

The Jets sure as shit didn't trade up for Barkley. That leaves maybe the Giants as the only other competitors for him unless they trade out, so 50/50 chance he’ll still be there? I’d take those odds. Geez the Browns have such great position and so many picks they could draft Nick Chubb and Sony Michel back to back in the second and just roll with the Bulldog backfield. I’d take that over Barkley 100% of the time.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Again...depends on how they view these guys. I'm sure they have a favorite, but it's very possible the separation between the top guys is negligible in their eyes. They may not seeing it as settling. They may see it as ensuring a stud at 1 all the while still getting a highly valued QB at 4.

I also think NYG would take a seriously long look at Barkley so I'm not sure he's there at 4. You're talking 1 RB vs 4 QB options. IF they do like them pretty equally, they shouldn't risk losing the stud...be it Barkley, Chubb, Nelson etc. I just personally think it would be Barkley.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Don't forget that Cleveland ownership includes a meddling idiot. Common sense and logic haven't lead the way in quite a long time.

6. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

There is actually now a realistic scenario where quarterbacks go 1-4, and the Broncos end up with Barkley.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    There is actually now a realistic scenario where quarterbacks go 1-4, and the Broncos end up with Barkley.
    At least Barkley would come in and be an impact player, and not a project.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Does this scenario include Cleveland Taking a QB at 1 and deal 4 to Buffalo?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm fairly certain the Browns won't take two QBs in the first round so one can presume they will take their highest-rated QB at #1 (IMO, they'll want Mayfield) which leaves the two New York teams opting for the Pac-12 Twins. Browns likely take Barkley at #4 which leaves us with a four options:

Chubb (many claim the best player in the draft)
    Nelson (many believe the best OL in a long time)
    Allen (the last of the Top 4 and the most raw, both in talent and experience)
    Trade Down (get a pair of first-rounders from Buffalo and likely take QB and OT with their two picks)

Yes, Cleveland could trade down and someone jump us for the last QB, but if that happens, I just add Barkley to my list of options and subtract Allen. I would resist the temptation to jump to #4 or higher.

If the draft falls out and we are left with Barkley, Chubb or Nelson, how could we argue we weren't getting a top talent?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I still think the Giants will look very closely at Barkley. Eli is old but if they feel like they just need some tools around him to succeed and "win now" then I would bet they get Barkley.

1. QB
    2. Barkley or QB
    3. QB
    4. Barkley or QB
    5. QB or BPA

I'll take Barkley at 5 if he drops, but I kinda feel like the Giants will take him #2 since QB is not an immediate need for them. This leaves 1 QB left at #5, and if it's Baker Mayfield I bet Elway takes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    At least Barkley would come in and be an impact player, and not a project.
    He wouldn't be a project, just like Rosen or Mayfield.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Does this scenario include Cleveland Taking a QB at 1 and deal 4 to Buffalo?
    Obviously. No team is taking 2 QBs first round. This ain't Madden.

Miami or Arizona are also potential teams to move up to 4.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Obviously. No team is taking 2 QBs first round. This ain't Madden.

Miami or Arizona are also potential teams to move up to 4.
    Why would you even do that in Madden?

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Why would you even do that in Madden?

Because I turned the trade deadline off and have the top 20 picks from ripping teams off duh.

16. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Cowboys did it once. Derped into good fortune for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information