Poll: With the 5th pick in the NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: With The 5th Pick of the NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select..............

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I think Keenum has a mental toughness that Plummer never had. Nothing was handed to him. He was undrafted. He took his lumps as a backup on some truly crappy teams. He's either going to be like Matt Cassel and cash in on his one season in the sun or he's going to be like Tony Romo that flourishes when he finally gets his chance to shine.

I don't think Plummer even liked playing football his last few years. Keenum breathes it.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I think Keenum has a mental toughness that Plummer never had. Nothing was handed to him. He was undrafted. He took his lumps as a backup on some truly crappy teams. He's either going to be like Matt Cassel and cash in on his one season in the sun or he's going to be like Tony Romo that flourishes when he finally gets his chance to shine.

I don't think Plummer even liked playing football his last few years. Keenum breathes it.
    I like how we make crazy ass assumptions about someone's drive to play football...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

I think Plummer really made strides in that 2005 season. He only threw 7 ints that season. He was very effective for the stretch run offense that the Broncos ran. Plummer was a pretty tough minded QB imo. Confidence is a very fragile thing, especially with a position like QB. The bottom line with that situation is Shanahan made a mistake with Cutler. Poopy pants really had everything though and I can certainly see what Shanahan was seering. He had the size, the ARM, intelligence coming out Vanderbilt, and had the mobile skills that is really needed with the west coast offense. He really had everything you want, except for the things that cannot be measured and that is why drafts are such risks.

For me, there is no QB that will be available at FIVE that will be nothing more than a PROJECT. At best. Josh Allen? Does anyone else see a poor man version of Jake Locker with Allen? Who was the last QB that could not complete 60% at the college level that made it in the NFL? Not a factor? Of course it is a factor.

Besides, the Broncos already have young QB that could very well has as much or more potential as any PROJECT they would draft at FIVE. That is too valuable of a pick to waste it on a PROJECT at QB. There are some real fine players that can really benefit the Broncos THIS YEAR.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I like how we make crazy ass assumptions about someone's drive to play football...
    You have never made assumptions? Pretty sure that is all we do. Besides, when he says, "I think" he is expressing an opinion.

I still think it is hilarious how there are Broncos fans that think the Broncos should have paid more than what the Vikings paid for Cousins who has proven less than Keenum. That, is funny.

6. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    You have never made assumptions? Pretty sure that is all we do. Besides, when he says, "I think" he is expressing an opinion.

I still think it is hilarious how there are Broncos fans that think the Broncos should have paid more than what the Vikings paid for Cousins who has proven less than Keenum. That, is funny.
    Cousins has proven less than Keenum? Keenum, with one relevant year, vs. Cousins' three relevant years?

Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I'm wondering if Elway restructured Von to cover the cost of getting rid of Paxton, among other things. Think about it. Trade Paxton and a pick to New York, draft his QOTF, and let him develop behind Keenum for a year or two. It gives Paxton a change of scenery, and the Giants can develop him behind Eli while still adding a top 5 pick to their team.

Yeah, yeah, I know. We've tried that before. I don't think that the plan was bad though. I think the QB they chose was bad. I'll be interested to see if there are any rumors of Denver talking to the Giants about trading up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I'm wondering if Elway restructured Von to cover the cost of getting rid of Paxton, among other things. Think about it. Trade Paxton and a pick to New York, draft his QOTF, and let him develop behind Keenum for a year or two. It gives Paxton a change of scenery, and the Giants can develop him behind Eli while still adding a top 5 pick to their team.

Yeah, yeah, I know. We've tried that before. I don't think that the plan was bad though. I think the QB they chose was bad. I'll be interested to see if there are any rumors of Denver talking to the Giants about trading up.
    I have also thought Elway might try to trade Lynch - but it seems a little bit less likely given how the QB market has shaped up. Also, pretty sure Dave Gettleman isn't going to make his 1st move as Giants GM tying his future to Paxton Lynch as their QBOTF.

As for the cap space, my read on the situation is that there were like 15 different scenarios entering free agency and he just wanted to have max flexibility in the event he could opportunistically sign someone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Now we’re denigrating Jake Plummer to prop up the new guy?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

This is getting ridiculous.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Remember when you called me ignorant? That was funny.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    C’mon jaded, don’t you know that 10 minutes of watching YouTube highlights makes you a draft expert on that person and re-tweeting what guys like Mayock, Kiper, and Mcshay say makes you a draft expert!

This is why I hate this time of year. All the self proclaimed draftniks come out of the damned woodwork and make outrageous predictions based on nothing, yet they all act like they’re the ******* King Dingaling of the draft.
    Lammey’s a scout now, just ask him.

Also, he doesn’t retweet these guys, he flat out plagiarizes their scouting reports word for word on the air. Usually Lance Zierlein.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Remember when you called me ignorant? That was funny.
    If he did, then he was very accurate. Tell us again how the Broncos should have paid more than the Vikings for an overrated QB. Love to eye roll your ridiculous posts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Cousins has proven less than Keenum? Keenum, with one relevant year, vs. Cousins' three relevant years?

Really?
    I still think it is hilarious how there are Broncos fans that think the Broncos should have paid more than what the Vikings paid for Cousins. Ignorant as hell.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that 12 years after the fact there would still be people jerking themselves off about Jake Plummer. I guess they'd forgotten all those WTF turnovers that prompted Shanahan to trade up for Cutler in the first place.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that 12 years after the fact there would still be people jerking themselves off about Jake Plummer. I guess they'd forgotten all those WTF turnovers that prompted Shanahan to trade up for Cutler in the first place.
    ...and Shanahan never saw the playoffs again...with the Broncos, anyway...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information