Poll: With the 5th pick in the NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: With The 5th Pick of the NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select..............

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

As long as it's not Mayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Mock from CBS:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ke-chubb-no-1/

I'm imagining heads exploding around here.
    On one hand, we'd be drafting the QB, so I'd be happy. On the other hand, I think that's the wrong QB. I'd be conflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Meh to all this QB talk. We just signed Kennum and have two young guys behind him already. Elway himself has said he's not seen enough of PL and Kelly is intriguing.
    I don't think we make a sexy offensive pick unless it's Barkley,

My choice is Nelson. Not sexy but firms up an OL position for 10 yrs to come.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

If the BRONCOS don't address the oline, other than with FA band aids or mid-to-late rounders, they'll want a QB like Mayfield who can run for his life and perhaps make a play.....a Russell Wilson type.

I'll hold out any overreaction until after FA, and the draft. Make us proud, Elway.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Meh to all this QB talk. We just signed Kennum and have two young guys behind him already. Elway himself has said he's not seen enough of PL and Kelly is intriguing.

I would love to agree with this. We have Keenum for at least 2 years and having a true starter will allow Lynch to focus more on development and less on fighting for a starting job prematurely. We drafted the kid with the knowledge he wouldn't be ready for 2-3 years and then forced him into a competition before that. I know poeple want to piss on PL, but most of his scenario may not be his fault. Add the intrigue of Kelly to the mix and another nice crop of QB's in the 2019 draft...and I think we can focus elsewhere this year.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post

Agree!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Mock from CBS:

yea, i would likely go on a killing spree. . .

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, i would likely go on a killing spree. . .
    I wouldn't be opposed to Allen...I just dont think we have to give up valuable draft capital to get a quality QB this year. If Allen is there at 5...great. If not, Mayfield is fine. Assuming we go with a QB.

With the von restructure we are going qb. I bet it’s rosen.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Mock from CBS:

Even though Allen is my 3rd choice, I’d rather have that draft than waste #5 on a guard. It least it would show that:

A) Elway isn’t resting all our future hopes on Keenum
    B) The FO actually is trying to get better more than just save face or their jobs by continuing the Paxton Lynch project.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

16. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    With the von restructure we are going qb. I bet it’s rosen.
    What does the restructure have to do with a draft pick?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What does the restructure have to do with a draft pick?
    Von's cap hit is higher now in future years, so having a QB on a rookie contract will help financially, as opposed to having to pay top dollar on both sides of the ball.

At least I assume that's where he was going with it.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Von's cap hit is higher now in future years, so having a QB on a rookie contract will help financially, as opposed to having to pay top dollar on both sides of the ball.

At least I assume that's where he was going with it.

You got it. I can see them doing the same with DT too, if they wanted. Dropping Keenum 18 mil per, is big savings. But adding vons new cap hit chews that up. A rook QB and a DT restructure, plus some others off the books. I think we are 100% going QB, unless someone makes us such an offer that we just have to take it. I doubt it. Mayfield or Rosen will be the next broncos QB and I bet we trade up (like we always do in rd 1 for him)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I am not sure they do it for DT as I have a feeling in 2 years they will no longer even have him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You got it. I can see them doing the same with DT too, if they wanted. Dropping Keenum 18 mil per, is big savings. But adding vons new cap hit chews that up. A rook QB and a DT restructure, plus some others off the books. I think we are 100% going QB, unless someone makes us such an offer that we just have to take it. I doubt it. Mayfield or Rosen will be the next broncos QB and I bet we trade up (like we always do in rd 1 for him)
    Would you trade up to get a quarterback?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information