Poll: With the 5th pick in the NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: With The 5th Pick of the NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select..............

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Who's Legwold?
    He's covered the Broncos for 15 years. Where have you been War?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You will like this pick and like it, Dog!
    who, baker MOfield? not my choice at five, but i'd be okay with it. . .

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    who, baker MOfield? not my choice at five, but i'd be okay with it. . .
    You must like Top 5 picks!

Hey-oh!
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

are you really gonna high-five yourself in public like that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    are you really gonna high-five yourself in public like that?
    Whatchu gonna do about it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Not going to pretend to know who the best qb in the draft is. I find it very interesting though that despite his size, terrible athleticism and behavioral issues, pro football focus has Baker Mayfield head and shoulders above every other prospect and football outsiders holds him in equally high regard.

9. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Not going to pretend to know who the best qb in the draft is. I find it very interesting though that despite his size, terrible athleticism and behavioral issues, pro football focus has Baker Mayfield head and shoulders above every other prospect and football outsiders holds him in equally high regard.
    But we have zero idea what the only people in the world who actually count think - NFL GMs.

We have lots of rumors. I sometimes comment on said rumors, but I always say "if this is true" or "interesting, if true" because I sure as Hell don't know and nobody else does either.

The "educamacated opinion" is that

#1 the Browns are picking Darnold.
    #2 the Giants are picking Chubb because they cut JPP which they could have done after the draft or not at all. He was expecting to be re-structured. "HOw about NOPE!"
    #3 Jets take Allen
    #4 Browns try to trade down to a team that wants Mayfield or Rosen, hopefully for their sake the Broncos. Trading with the Broncos would be getting something for nothing from their perspective. They need extra draft picks and Denver is not going to take their guy which is Sequon Barkley (at least the Browns will believe that is true, or else they wouldn't trade down, but would take Barkley at #4, since everybody has them taking Darnold #1 and Barkley at #4 if he's there).

If the Broncos won't trade, they have to decide whether they love Barkley enough to refuse to trade back further, because if they trade back to Buffalo at #12 then Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, all the top players won't be there.

So, they would get less of a can't miss player and more of a "he's good but not as great a prospect as the top 4 players in the draft who project as All-Pros a the next level if the scouts are right." But they would get an extra Broncos pick at the top of the 3rd round probably.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-24-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I'll give you he's had off field issues but from what I've read he's athletic enough. For some his height is problematic and ideally I prefer quarterbacks that are in 6'3" range, but it's not a deal killer for me. Also from what I have heard his football acumen is very high. My biggest concern about Mayfield is that of the top four quarterback he's the only one whose played in in spread offense while the others three played in pro style offenses.

Rosen is by many considered the most NFL ready quarterback in the draft, but there have rumors that he's been difficult to coach.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Whatchu gonna do about it?
    point and laugh. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    But we have zero idea what the only people in the world who actually count think - NFL GMs.

We have lots of rumors. I sometimes comment on said rumors, but I always say "if this is true" or "interesting, if true" because I sure as Hell don't know and nobody else does either.

The "educamacated opinion" is that

#1 the Browns are picking Darnold.
    #2 the Giants are picking Chubb because they cut JPP which they could have done after the draft or not at all. He was expecting to be re-structured. "HOw about NOPE!"
    #3 Jets take Allen
    #4 Browns try to trade down to a team that wants Mayfield or Rosen, hopefully for their sake the Broncos. Trading with the Broncos would be getting something for nothing from their perspective. They need extra draft picks and Denver is not going to take their guy which is Sequon Barkley (at least the Browns will believe that is true, or else they wouldn't trade down, but would take Barkley at #4, since everybody has them taking Darnold #1 and Barkley at #4 if he's there).

If the Broncos won't trade, they have to decide whether they love Barkley enough to refuse to trade back further, because if they trade back to Buffalo at #12 then Barkley, Chubb, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, all the top players won't be there.

So, they would get less of a can't miss player and more of a "he's good but not as great a prospect as the top 4 players in the draft who project as All-Pros a the next level if the scouts are right." But they would get an extra Broncos pick at the top of the 3rd round probably.

Lot of people gonna poop orange pop tarts when the Broncos trade up to the Giants spot to get the QB they want.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Lot of people gonna poop orange pop tarts when the Broncos trade up to the Giants spot to get the QB they want.
    I wish this was true. If it is, I'll refer to you as the Prophet Horse.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Elway's not dumb enough to move up for one of these 'projects' at QB. This aint the Jets organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Elway's not dumb enough to move up for one of these 'projects' at QB. This aint the Jets organization.
    Rosen isn't a project. I'm not sure if Mayfield is, either.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Rosen isn't a project. I'm not sure if Mayfield is, either.
    Rosen is gonna fold like a lawn chair in the NFL. After the hype is over, Mayfield will join the other OU QBs that have entered the NFL.

Of course Elway could defy all conventional wisdom and trade up to #2 for Josh Allen. He could also trade up to #4 for Baker Mayfield or Josh Rosen.

That fact he's paying $25m to Keenum in 2019 whether he does this or not, is a strong indication that he's not. Because $25m is a lot to pay a backup Qb. And a 5th round pick is a ridiculously high pick to take and then sit for 2 years.

Can it be done? Yes, but it's wildly unlikely.

Clearly the most likely scenario is that they believe in Case Keenum enough to give him a 1 year try out and see if they want him as their long-term franchise QB. If so, then they tear up the last year of his contract and re-sign him to a long-term deal.

If not, then they draft a QB in the top 10 in 2019 and sit him behind Keenum for a season, then start the rookie in 2020. There will be other QBs in next years draft and fewer teams that desperately need one. This year QB desperate teams are snapping up these QBs like gum drops. But, if six of them go in the first round this year (not unexpected), then those 6 teams won't be drafting a QB next year.

Throw in teams that already have franchise QBs and there will be relatively few teams to compete with the Broncos to draft a QB next year if they decide they want one.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-24-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information