Poll: With the 5th pick in the NFL draft, the Denver Broncos select....

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: With The 5th Pick of the NFL Draft....the Denver Broncos select..............

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

They're taking Mayfield.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    But the Broncos *did* see the playoffs again in 2011, 2013-15, including two Super Bowl appearances. Let's not pretend Plummer would have led them to a Super Bowl.
    Your point seems very disjointed, as the 2011 playoff berth - and certainly 2012-15 - seems quite irrelevant to your original point about the team five years earlier.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They're taking Mayfield.
    there is no possible way they'd take him. . .

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    doubt it

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/...-draft-broncos
    After signing Case Keenum, the Denver Broncos will have some flexibility with the fifth overall pick of the 2018 NFL Draft. John Elway, when asked about drafting a quarterback fifth overall, he chose instead to talk a lot about Paxton Lynch.
    Paxton is still young,” Elway said on whether a quarterback will be considered with the fifth overall pick. “We still have high hopes for Paxton. He’s a young guy that is talented. He’s been here for two years and had a tough year last year with the injuries and everything, but we still have high hopes for Paxton to come in here and compete and continue to grow as a quarterback. That is the expectation for Paxton.

my guess is Barkley, nelson or chubb in that order on elways board so whichever falls to 5 is the one Elway gets
    This could also be translated, “we can’t afford the cap hit to cut Paxton so we’re gonna say this.”

I think there’s a good chance Denver drafts a quarterback in the top 5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    there is no possible way they'd take him. . .
    Ok.

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The Giants just traded JPP to the Buccaneers, increasing the speculation that Chubb will be their target in the first round which also means one of the Top 4 QBs will be there at #5 to tempt Elway. (Buccaneers gave the trade two, err one, thumbs up).
    Unless the browns were gonna take 2 QBs, we were already in line for one of the top 4 QBs. This would put us in line for one of the top 3.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Has Elway ever lied about his intentions leading up to the draft?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

The Giants just traded JPP to the Buccaneers, increasing the speculation that Chubb will be their target in the first round which also means one of the Top 4 QBs will be there at #5 to tempt Elway. (Buccaneers gave the trade two, err one, thumbs up).
    Guess what else it means?

It means if they like a trade partner its Denver. To trade out far down the board means no shot at Chubb. (Buffalo, Arizona)

IF Browns go QB at 1 and its not the one Denver covets(if they really value one above the rest), then Denver and the Giants become mutually trade friendly to one another.

Giants would want to go no further than 5 because the Browns are likely to take Saquon, leaving them Chubb. (caveat coming)
    Giants would get picks, but Denver wouldnt cash in the house because they realize they are the target for the Giants. If they want Chubb and they know they can secure picks and still get him at 5, then anything they receive would be extra arrows in the draft to fire vs none.

HOWEVER......If the COLTS view Chubb as a must have, then if Denver trades up with the Giants, and Cleveland is taking Saquon, then Cleveland might trade back two spots and STILL get Saquon.......but not likely because if Colts take Chubb at 4, then who would the Giants pick at 5? Its gotta be Saquon....who the Browns probably want.

So this makes things VERY interesting.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

11. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'd be shocked if the Broncos traded up in this draft. I think they like where they are.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    13-3 and AFC championship game is a 'ceiling' I'm sure Shanahan would take back if he could.
    The players who went to that game retired or were injured or stop performing. It's just like after the 2015 SB team lost Manning, Ware, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, TJ Ward.

Guess what else it means?

It means if they like a trade partner its Denver. To trade out far down the board means no shot at Chubb. (Buffalo, Arizona)
    The Colts reportedly want Chubb badly, but figure they can take him at #6. If the Giants want to take him at #5, that would be doable.

But, Denver would have to give up the moon and stars to get up to #2. It's almost inconceivable Elway does that given all the other holes on this team. That would almost guarantee the Broncos went 6-10 this season and still sucked next year too.

Elway has talked incessantly about having "ten picks in this year's draft". He's done almost nothing in FA to fill all the holes at RT, RG, WR, TE, ILB, DT, CB and finding quality backups behind all those new starters too. The only strategy left for him is to re-stock through the draft.

But, if they trade up to #2 look at the chart!

#2 pick = 2600 points
    #5 pick = 1700 points
    To fill that 900 point deficit, the Broncos would need to trade their 2nd round pick (#40) this year - 500 points, PLUS probably a first round pick next year. The Jets gave up 3 2nd rounders just to move up 3 spots, and that was only to #3 which is worth 300 points less than #2.

Plus, teams want a premium to give up that top 2 spot, so they would want MORE than 2 #1s and a #2. Whatever the actual price, it would cripple their ability to strengthen themselves in the draft for years.

If you are sure you're getting the next Carson Wentz, fine. But, if that guy doesn't turn out to be a MVP QB and you bet the farm on him. . . .

16. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Giants would get picks, but Denver wouldnt cash in the house because they realize they are the target for the Giants. If they want Chubb and they know they can secure picks and still get him at 5, then anything they receive would be extra arrows in the draft to fire vs none.
    This is a clever argument, but it's wrong because the Giants would just trade with some other team who wanted a QB (Buffalo). Chubb isn't the only player they covet after sucking all the way to 3-13.

They would demand at about as much as the Eagles gave up to move up to #2 for Carson Wentz - two #1s and a #2 at least. If they don't get their price, they can always stay at #2 and take Barkley. Or do what the Chargers did in 2004 - draft Eli Manning and then trade him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'd be shocked if the Broncos traded up in this draft. I think they like where they are.
    That would be an awful idea. None of these QBs are worth moving up for. Hope Elway gets an impact player rather than one of these reaches at QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That would be an awful idea. None of these QBs are worth moving up for. Hope Elway gets an impact player rather than one of these reaches at QB.
    lol! king already has rosen in the hall of fame, and you've got every one of them busting. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    lol! king already has rosen in the hall of fame, and you've got every one of them busting. . .
    This smells just like the Jay Cutler scenario.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information