Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Siemien to Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Can you imagine where the running game would've been if teams weren't able to stack the box and had to defend against a good passing attack? Not even a great or dynamic one, just a good one.
    When teams don't have to defend the sidelines or fear deep ball passing your running game is really up against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I agree with this 100%.

TS didn't have enough time to learn what he needed to learn to survive the blitz and beat it, because teams knew the Broncos OLine was so terrible they didn't even have to send more than 4 or 5 to produce real QB pressure.

When your OLine can't do anything even remotely average, there is no way they can be successful.

I believe Siemien will have a long NFL career. I hope he is never in the AFC.

Another fair point is it was almost guaranteed he would fail. No one coming in here was going to successfully replace PM. Even a broken PM is better than most average QBs.

...and King arent you a Bengals fan too? If so you're very accustomed to terrible QBs. So why be so irate?
    TS had an entire offseason of his true rookie year. He then had two seasons of starting. He had more time to learn than most young starting QB's, so this is factually false.

You can't just blame the line - if people go back and rewatch those games (god bless you if you can) you'll see him not stepping up in the pocket, holding onto the ball for too long, never feeling pressure and sliding, etc. There were times where he got sacked when the job did it's job, and that's because he's simply not good. People want to just scream 'the line's bad so it's not his fault' while never understanding that QB's contribute to how a line performs. And his understanding of the game, which was supposed to be a strength, was so great that he never audibled when there was a blitz, and he never recognized one, either.

As far as it being a guarantee that he would fail - I wish you had been around to tell that to his fans the past two seasons, because they surely did not feel that way.

I disavow the Bengals in all ways, shapes, and forms.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    When teams don't have to defend the sidelines or fear deep ball passing your running game is really up against it.
    When receivers and QB don't have time to let routes develop, it severely limits the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    When receivers and QB don't have time to let routes develop, it severely limits the passing game.
    And the Broncos ran one of the most conservative offenses in terms of offense - we were at the bottom of the league in deep ball passing and attempts.

And the Broncos ran one of the most conservative offenses in terms of offense - we were at the bottom of the league in deep ball passing and attempts.
    Because receivers rarely had time to even run seven years routes, forget actual deep ones.

Stepping up in a pocket as rushers routinely penetrated between RG and C as if they weren't touched wasn't an option.

I understand the hate for TS makes it easy to ignore facts. Water under the bridge at this point. I'm just hoping the Broncos fix the two biggest holes on the team, LG and RT, or it will likely be another long season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Because receivers rarely had time to even run seven years routes, forget actual deep ones.

Stepping up in a pocket as rushers routinely penetrated between RG and C as if they weren't touched wasn't an option.

I understand the hate for TS makes it easy to ignore facts. Water under the bridge at this point. I'm just hoping the Broncos fix the two biggest holes on the team, LG and RT, or it will likely be another long season.

It is water under the bridge!

I think Bolles will be better this year. Last season his issue was being penalized. But, from what I've seen on PFF, when he was actually blocking without the penalties, he wasn't doing that poorly. I'm optimistic for him. I was hoping there was a FA answer for RT.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I think Bolles will be better this year. Last season his issue was being penalized. But, from what I've seen on PFF, when he was actually blocking without the penalties, he wasn't doing that poorly. I'm optimistic for him. I was hoping there was a FA answer for RT.
    Wait. Is this a generally positive post?

#ItsTheEndOfTheWorldAsWeKnowIt

Agreed on Bolles. He held at times to save QB after being beat. I think he'll be better this year.

We've now had among the worst RT play in the league for multiple years. LG only slightly better.

Watson graded (PFF) the 73rd ranked tackle, and gave up the second most sacks, but in ONLY nine games.

Garcia was the ninth worst guard in the league with 34 pressures and four sacks, and he alternated time with Barbre.

Barbre was the 69th rated guard overall and his pass protection rating was worse than Garcia's.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

After everything I've done for you? I remade you from nothing, you ungrateful wretch!
    How dare you?!

I’m the kind of man that made the Eiffel Tower out of steel ... and brawn.

Thunder pounds when I stomp the ground.

#DontPullYourThangOutUnlessYouPlanToBang
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I agree with this 100%.

TS didn't have enough time to learn what he needed to learn to survive the blitz and beat it, because teams knew the Broncos OLine was so terrible they didn't even have to send more than 4 or 5 to produce real QB pressure.

When your OLine can't do anything even remotely average, there is no way they can be successful.

I believe Siemien will have a long NFL career. I hope he is never in the AFC.

Another fair point is it was almost guaranteed he would fail. No one coming in here was going to successfully replace PM. Even a broken PM is better than most average QBs.

...and King arent you a Bengals fan too? If so you're very accustomed to terrible QBs. So why be so irate?
    TS had an entire offseason of his true rookie year. He then had two seasons of starting. He had more time to learn than most young starting QB's, so this is factually false.

You can't just blame the line - if people go back and rewatch those games (god bless you if you can) you'll see him not stepping up in the pocket, holding onto the ball for too long, never feeling pressure and sliding, etc. There were times where he got sacked when the job did it's job, and that's because he's simply not good. People want to just scream 'the line's bad so it's not his fault' while never understanding that QB's contribute to how a line performs. And his understanding of the game, which was supposed to be a strength, was so great that he never audibled when there was a blitz, and he never recognized one, either.

As far as it being a guarantee that he would fail - I wish you had been around to tell that to his fans the past two seasons, because they surely did not feel that way.

I disavow the Bengals in all ways, shapes, and forms.
    I suggest you unfortunately rewatch some of that awfulness on the Line towards the end of last Season and the NYG game and after. Bro they are abysmal. It wasn't until later on towards the end of the Season there was some resemblance of DECENT blocking and pass protectio.

Connor McGovern was a big reason in my opinion. I belueve they are a T away.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The market for such an acclaimed Center like Paradis just went up to 4 years/$42 M per with $22 M guaranteed, no C is worth that, especially one as weak as Paradis. The Broncos literally threw a fit when they had to make Miller the highest paid at his position.

The Broncos are not just a T away.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

How dare you?!

I’m the kind of man that made the Eiffel Tower out of steel ... and brawn.

Thunder pounds when I stomp the ground.

#DontPullYourThangOutUnlessYouPlanToBang
    Oh, you needed steel to do that? That's embarrassing. I had to teach you how to hashtag! You couldn't even make the family before I put you on! You? You're Javon Walker!

Regarding the line - I just hope we don't overdraft a guard.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I suggest you unfortunately rewatch some of that awfulness on the Line towards the end of last Season and the NYG game and after. Bro they are abysmal. It wasn't until later on towards the end of the Season there was some resemblance of DECENT blocking and pass protectio.

Connor McGovern was a big reason in my opinion. I belueve they are a T away.
    They were in the mid twenties for the line. They were bad. I hate to break this to you, but QB's overcome bad lines all the time. And when your QB has a pocket and doesn't step up into it, or holds onto the ball for too long, two seasons in I might add, with that line, at same point it's fair to realize that he's making a bad situation worse.

The market for such an acclaimed Center like Paradis just went up to 4 years/$42 M per with $22 M guaranteed, no C is worth that, especially one as weak as Paradis. The Broncos literally threw a fit when they had to make Miller the highest paid at his position.

The Broncos are not just a T away.
    He's one of the better centers in the league, you fool!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Oh, you needed steel to do that? That's embarrassing. I had to teach you how to hashtag! You couldn't even make the family before I put you on! You? You're Javon Walker!

Regarding the QBs - I just hope we don't overreach for a QB.
    I agree.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information