Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Siemien to Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Shit, Elway got fleeced. Bills got a 3rd for their average QB.
    Taylor is night and day better than Simien.

2. The Following 9 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Will the Broncos try to sign Sloter to the PS? I mean, we're already betting the Vikes suck at evaluating QBs...

4. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

I wish the best for Trevor, class act. Wish it would have worked out different for him here but the facts are the OL and running game have been putrid and he simply isn't good enough to overcome those team shortcomings. I wonder if Keenum is honestly but hopefully Elway and company finally fix the RT and OL issues.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    I wish the best for Trevor, class act. Wish it would have worked out different for him here but the facts are the OL and running game have been putrid and he simply isn't good enough to overcome those team shortcomings. I wonder if Keenum is honestly but hopefully Elway and company finally fix the RT and OL issues.
    Trevor Siemian is a good guy...and I'm about to be a dick...

You know...the running game was 12th last year, and Football Outsiders ranked the line as the 9th-best rushing line in the league. In no friggin' way was the running game putrid last year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    He was supposed to be a career back-up, like Kubiak was during the 1st 10 years of Elway's career, but was pushed into the starting job with little warning. Now he's going to the Vikings who are going to ask him to be what he was supposed to be in the 1st place, a career back-up. I wish him all the best.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

10. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Taylor is night and day better than Simien.
    He has better skin tone.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I wouldn't have given them a pick with TS I tell you that.
    Shazam! gets it.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I wouldn't have given them a pick with TS I tell you that.
    Shazam! gets it.
    Some could say it was even with Talib deal too, but I'm always of the belief of not packing in shit. Like the Tebow to Jets deal.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Trevor Siemian is a good guy...and I'm about to be a dick...

You know...the running game was 12th last year, and Football Outsiders ranked the line as the 9th-best rushing line in the league. In no friggin' way was the running game putrid last year.
    Pass protection, especially from left guard and right tackle left a lot to be desired, specially on obvious pass downs.

Football outsiders ranks them 29th in pass blocking, in an effective tie with Indy and Houston at 30 and 31.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    It won’t but it should shut up the Sloter blowers.
    I was thinking this. The Vikings were obviously not happy with the concept of Kyle Sloter being their backup. The question now is whether he makes the team as the #3 QB. "But, Sloter is going to be a starter for the Vikings!"

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    He was supposed to be a career back-up, like Kubiak was during the 1st 10 years of Elway's career, but was pushed into the starting job with little warning. Now he's going to the Vikings who are going to ask him to be what he was supposed to be in the 1st place, a career back-up. I wish him all the best.
    Basically this. The word coming out of the draft was that Denver was smart to pick up another cheap training camp arm in the 7th round. Normal career for a 7th round QB is practice squad, until their eligibility expires, and then goodbye! They're out of the league and nobody remembers they were ever there.

Trevor exceeded these meager expectations, and through Elway's personnel failures he was given the starting job. He couldn't stay healthy, couldn't overcome the feeble offense he was given, but nobody sensible ever thought he could elevate the play of the players around him like a Peyton Manning.

That is not his fault. Kudos to a guy who maximized his potential. Good luck Trevor!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Trev looks to be a guy like McCown. Journeyman bridge starter, nothing more. NOTHING wrong with that, great job in that! He can have a long career doing that and make some good money.

You don't have to make the hall of fame to be a NFL success.

20. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I don't get the hate for Trevor. He was frustrating to watch, mostly (he had good moments), but the BRONCO coaches are the ones that put him in the position. It says a lot that he beat out Lynch. I wish him the best as well.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I don't get the hate for Trevor. He was frustrating to watch, mostly (he had good moments), but the BRONCO coaches are the ones that put him in the position. It says a lot that he beat out Lynch. I wish him the best as well.
    Well he absolutely sucked and played us out of the playoffs his first year. Then he sucked even more and could never do well unless everything was perfect around him. I don't know, why else would you hate a god awful player who is consequential?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Well he absolutely sucked and played us out of the playoffs his first year. Then he sucked even more and could never do well unless everything was perfect around him. I don't know, why else would you hate a god awful player who is consequential?
    Did you read what FIAZ wrote? He's a back up QB. Did you expect him to be John Elway? It's your fault to have such high expectations to play beyond his means.

25. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information