Poll: What do you prefer the broncos to do in the draft

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Which direction do You prefer the broncos go

Default Which direction do You prefer the broncos go

I myself am torn between the two. I keep going back and forth and I cannot decide which I like better. This is not what you think they will do or what they should do. This is what you would like them to do.

1. Stay at 5 and draft one of the QBs (assume all are available) or a guy like Barkley, minkah, etc...

or

2. Trade back with Buffalo (assuming we get) for 12, 21 and one of their 2nd rd picks?

I love the idea of trading back myself. We could maybe get Mglichney at 12 and Hernandez at 21. We would also have 3 (2nd rd picks) and 2 (3rd rd picks) to which we can use to trade up for Soney Michel. A draft of LT, G and RB (portis 2.0) while still having another 2nd or 3rd is great. However, I really like Rosen and can see Mayfield as a guy too. I do not want to miss out on a QB. We need one going forward for cap and for FA purposes (wins too). So I am back and forth.

What do you want us to do?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

You EARNED that top 5 pick so you better take it. Don't tell me I suffered through that season so we can get the second best RB in the first round or some crap.

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Went 2 and 3.

I think it may be better long term, hoping to hell anyway. If spending the cash on Keenum then get the players to support him.

Went 3 because I have no idea who hoes is but I am sure he is a dirtbag.

5. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It's pretty easy for me. Take Baker and get your franchise guy.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's pretty easy for me. Take Baker and get your franchise guy.
    I won't bitch if they take a QB at 5, I am just worried about all the holes on the team.

Need to fix the line, need more depth at DL, need more depth at CB.

WR? What is Carlos Henderson going to do? Will McKenzie hold on to the ball?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

I want to see us draft Mayfield or Rosen at #5, trade back in and grab an o-line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Still need to take a QB.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Will McKenzie hold on to the ball?
    You don't need a magic 8 ball to tell you

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Stay at 5 and get a good football player. Elway's drafting history tells us that if he's picking lower he's likely to blow it.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I want to see us draft Mayfield or Rosen at #5, trade back in and grab an o-line.
    I like this idea. So stay at 5 and get the QB. Then burn some combo of our 2nds and 3rds to jump back into the first for a Hernandez or a T? I like it! I think T is the more glaring need to me. I do really really want Sonney, but there are so so so so so so many good RBs in the draft we can still find a supreme player in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Take the best OL at 5.
    I don't think we take a QB there just because we have Keenum for two years while we wait to see if PL matures and what Kelly can do.

If they can't do it I think we worry about QB in a couple of years.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Stay at 5 and get a good football player. Elway's drafting history tells us that if he's picking lower he's likely to blow it.
    He seems to do his best in the late rounds. I say we trade the 5th overall pick for about 15 6th round picks.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I like this idea. So stay at 5 and get the QB. Then burn some combo of our 2nds and 3rds to jump back into the first for a Hernandez or a T? I like it! I think T is the more glaring need to me. I do really really want Sonney, but there are so so so so so so many good RBs in the draft we can still find a supreme player in the 3rd and 4th rounds.
    We have 11 picks this year. That's a lot of ammo to draft with, we also have Anderson and a few others that we can trade off to net a few more picks in this years draft.

I'd rather see us stay where we are and then move back into the tail end of the first, it just seems like a smart strategy with this many draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    He seems to do his best in the late rounds. I say we trade the 5th overall pick for about 15 6th round picks.
    Haha, dapper dan sighting. Where you been buddy?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

If Barkley is dropping then stay at 5.

If not, trade back and get an OL and QB in the first.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information