Poll: What do you prefer the broncos to do in the draft

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Which direction do You prefer the broncos go

Probably not, but all the hypothetical talk about which QB might not even matter because sitting at 5 we may not get any of the top guys.

In a draft with 4 QBs who could all potentially go in the top 6 this could be a pretty exciting draft night.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I have a hard time calling Fitzpatrick a true corner because he can play all 6 secondary positions at a high level. That being said, it's still addition by subtraction. If Talib's money allows us to fill other areas of need and we can get a stud replacement on a rookie deal...it all works out. That being said, I dont think Fitzpatrick is a bigger need than the other I listed, assuming all were available.
    if we moved back to #12, what would you think about derwin james?

My thought are obviously I want a qb, but assuming Rosen and Mayfield are gone, I don't like any of the other options, you don't reach for whatever is left, take BPA and explore other options.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I will be slightly annoyed if we draft Fitzpatrick at 5 only because I think it would be terribly stupid to cut one of the best CBs on the planet only to draft a rookie CB with the 5th overall pick. That would be very underwhelming IMHO.
    I'm not the world's expert on Fitzpatrick, but what I hear is that he brings leadership. One of the reasons, in my humblest of opinions, for the decline of the Denver defense was the departure of leadership in the form of Demarcus Ware and TJ Ward. Wade, ofc, too. But if Fitzpatrick is that kind of player, his value goes beyond the X's and O's. I'd love for someone with a better bead on him to chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm not the world's expert on Fitzpatrick, but what I hear is that he brings leadership. One of the reasons, in my humblest of opinions, for the decline of the Denver defense was the departure of leadership in the form of Demarcus Ware and TJ Ward. Wade, ofc, too. But if Fitzpatrick is that kind of player, his value goes beyond the X's and O's. I'd love for someone with a better bead on him to chime in.
    He is definitely a high character guy. Between that and his versatility, he has to be in the conversation. If for no other reason than to cover TE's...he'd be worth it.

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Take the Guard at 5. That is all.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Drafting top 5, odds are, buys you an impact player. Outside the top 10, typically not.

FYI, if the Bills wanted to trade up, 12 and 22 actually are more valuable (by the chart) by 280 points (roughly a mid 3rd rounder) so they would lose value I doubt they’d give another pick, if anything they’d expect a later round pick in return. Now, it being a sellers market, we could make them eat it but those two picks actually give them flexibility. If they want to add a second they could just bypass us and get to the Colts at 3 to get their guy. IMO, We would be dumb to trade back, but the Colts would be dumb to stay put. One star player won’t help them and they don’t need a QB, they need a lot of things.

Also, I don’t think Fitzpatrick plays CB in the pros. He translates better to Safety. I think he’s a tweener like Tyrann Matthieu.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Stay at 5 and take BPA.

Take the QB and don't waste time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Take the Guard at 5. That is all.
    Always listen to this dude.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean, we get Barkley, I don't really care what QB gets drafted, I guess grab Rudolph in the second or something, Barkley would be huge for offensive production.

I don't think he falls to us.
    Exactly. I won't be surprised if Cleveland takes him at #1.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

First of all, I am increasingly thinking that we just gained a franchise QB. I know it is one year,
    but Keenum didn't just play well. He finished in the league's top 10 in completion percentage,
    interception rate, sack rate, and passer rating, including passer rating under pressure. From
    his highlights, he has a quick release and good pocket awareness, and can extend plays like
    crazy.

I am placing that in this thread because it dramatically affects Denver's options. In that
    interest, I begin to salivate at the thought of six draft selections in the first three rounds. We
    have heard about all the "holes" on the roster . . . well, what would that do for filling holes?
    I would go for the second option in a heartbeat.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

My dream draft right now would be Will Hernandez and McGlinchy in round 1 after a trade with Buff and Sony Michel in round 2.
    Not sure where D'ron Payne is projected to fall but I like that dude a lot too.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If you could still get Nelson at 12 I’d trade down in a heartbeat, but they need quality over quantity.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

20. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Drafting top 5, odds are, buys you an impact player. Outside the top 10, typically not.

FYI, if the Bills wanted to trade up, 12 and 22 actually are more valuable (by the chart) by 280 points (roughly a mid 3rd rounder) so they would lose value I doubt they’d give another pick, if anything they’d expect a later round pick in return. Now, it being a sellers market, we could make them eat it but those two picks actually give them flexibility. If they want to add a second they could just bypass us and get to the Colts at 3 to get their guy. IMO, We would be dumb to trade back, but the Colts would be dumb to stay put. One star player won’t help them and they don’t need a QB, they need a lot of things.

Also, I don’t think Fitzpatrick plays CB in the pros. He translates better to Safety. I think he’s a tweener like Tyrann Matthieu.
    Fwiw, when teams are trading up for a QB the trade chart sometimes goes out the window.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

22. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information