Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Keenum That Good Or Was Jeff Fisher Just That Bad?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I might be wrong here, but I doubt Elway sees this signing as on par with signing Manning.
    You're not wrong. Keenum is a bridge that can also be a serviceable player in the process. Use him for 2 years until a long term solution is ready and then he is still only 32 and can find another deal somewhere.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Fisher sucked. Sucked with titans too.

Fischer does suck, but that doesn't by default solidify Keenum's one flash in the pan season as a trend that is likely to continue. He was bad with other coaches as well. He just happened to fall into a QB friendly system with a crap ton of talent surrounding him. If you put Trevor Siemian on the Vikings last year, I don't know that the results change at all.

He won't have that system here, nor will he have the talent he enjoyed in Minnesota as we are lacking an o-line, our two best WR's are on their last leg, we have zero depth behind those receivers and we have no usable receiving option at TE...

Oh, and our run game is average at best...

If you think Keenum is going to repeat 2017, you're gonna have a bad time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Fischer does suck, but that doesn't by default solidify Keenum's one flash in the pan season as a trend that is likely to continue. He was bad with other coaches as well. He just happened to fall into a QB friendly system with a crap ton of talent surrounding him. If you put Trevor Siemian on the Vikings last year, I don't know that the results change at all.

He won't have that system here, nor will he have the talent he enjoyed in Minnesota as we are lacking an o-line, our two best WR's are on their last leg, we have zero depth behind those receivers and we have no usable receiving option at TE...

Finally. You're getting there...

Adopted Bronco:

By that rationale, ANY QB would suck in Denver.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    By that rationale, ANY QB would suck in Denver.
    There are players like Manning that elevate the play of those around them, and there are players who need to be elevated by others.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

There are players like Manning that elevate the play of those around them, and there are players who need to be elevated by others.
    Keenum's escapability and pocket awareness will improve our OL in and of itself.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

I wonder how he had a better season than the great Cousins last year. Any theories?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Keenum's escapability and pocket awareness will improve our OL in and of itself.
    I'm sorry but hes the second coming of PFM from what I saw compared to any Broncos QB last Season. He has much more pocket presence, better awareness and he can make teams pay for the blitz as he showed in Minny.

Plus got him 'cheap' compared to other QB salaries.

Perfect guy to hold the reins short term and grab Mayfield at 5.

To keep it on topic too, just because he couldn't thrive under Fisher and his Staff should not be a total damnnation of Fisher. Tennessee management wasnt exactly helpful in making the team a perennial contender.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

12. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I wonder how he had a better season than the great Cousins last year. Any theories?
    It's really not that hard of logic to grasp....

One had Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Laquon Tredwell and Kyle Rudolph

The other had Josh Doctson, Jamison Crowder and Vernon Davis....

That isn't even taking into account the other factors such as the Vikings having the number one defense compared to Washington's 21st ranked defense or the Vikings 7th ranked rushing attack vs Washington's 28th ranked defense. Keenum had a koosh job where he basically had to just sit in the passengers seat and not make mistakes. Cousins on the other hand had nothing surrounding him...Of course Keenum is going to have a better finish to the year, doesn't mean he had a better year.

Besides, Cousins isn't our QB, this isn't about Cousins anymore, it stopped being about Cousins awhile back so if we could just move on from bringing up cousins every five seconds, that'd be great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

It's really not that hard of logic to grasp....

One had Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Laquon Tredwell and Kyle Rudolph

The other had Josh Doctson, Jamison Crowder and Vernon Davis....

That isn't even taking into account the other factors such as the Vikings having the number one defense compared to Washington's 21st ranked defense or the Vikings 7th ranked rushing attack vs Washington's 28th ranked defense. Keenum had a koosh job where he basically had to just sit in the passengers seat and not make mistakes. Cousins on the other hand had nothing surrounding him...Of course Keenum is going to have a better finish to the year, doesn't mean he had a better year.

Besides, Cousins isn't our QB, this isn't about Cousins anymore, it stopped being about Cousins awhile back.
    Ahhhhh, the number one defense? Got it. Here is the reality of a league with the hard cap. The Broncos could not afford Cousins while the Vikings could. The Broncos had their championship run, and they got it. They had a relatively cheap and young defense with players who had not yet been paid. Von, Malik, Trevethan, Harris, Roby, among others. They could afford to pay Manning for those years and they made it work.

Now, as a result of players salaries increasing due to that championship, cannot keep key guys, cannot sign a high priced QB and are having a hard time putting together a competent line. Doesnt help that they keep changing coaching staffs every two years and right now the franchise is looking a little unnstable after what we all believe was a bad hire in VJ and allowing Philips to leave.

The Vikings are "going for it" with their version of a young and cheap defense. They better get it done, cause 4 players (key defensive) are coming up for contract....I believe next season. We will see how they do.

Broncos going the way of the Seahawks, who are going through their version of the hard cap pains. They made their run with cheap players that were productive and then they all came up for contract.

The bottom line is anyone thinking this team had any shot at cousins are really not paying attention. Case Keenum is a good signing. It is an UPGRADE at QB for a relatively cheap price.

How are certain Broncos fans not understanding this?

15. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Check out Keenum's 2017 sack rate. Compare to TS, Pax, and Oz. It's like 4% vs. 15%+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Will at least allow a benchmark of Denver OL, assuming Watson is back at RT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Ahhhhh, the number one defense? Got it. Here is the reality of a league with the hard cap. The Broncos could not afford Cousins while the Vikings could.
    Why are we discussing Cousins...That's not relevant to this discussion...Quit bringing up Cousins as a defense of Keenum...

This stopped being about Cousins as soon as it was apparent he wasn't coming to Denver. I don't know why everyone feels like looping back to Kirk Cousins everytime someone expresses displeasure in Keenum. This wasn't the right move for the team. The right move is to draft a QB and let that QB play because Keenum is not an upgrade at QB. He's Trevor if Trevor had more talent surrounding him. We are paying $18m to a guy that will likely end up being a backup to whatever rookie we end up drafting this year, if not this year, then next year.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 03-14-2018 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Will at least allow a benchmark of Denver OL, assuming Watson is back at RT.
    I can't imagine any likely scenario where we bring Watson back this year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information