Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Signing Keenum Opens the Draft Vault Doors

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

QB’s in the 2nd round aren’t as good as the Top 4, that’s why you take one when you’re in position to take one.

**** Case Keenum, he’s not even close to the level of QB that makes you pass on better prospects. Unless the Broncos are still open to PL developing into a franchise QB they need to strike while they have the draft capital, they’re looking at drafting late teens/early 20’s for the foreseeable future.

Good God, people, it’s Case ... Keenum!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    QB’s in the 2nd round aren’t as good as the Top 4, that’s why you take one when you’re in position to take one.

**** Case Keenum, he’s not even close to the level of QB that makes you pass on better prospects. Unless the Broncos are still open to PL developing into a franchise QB they need to strike while they have the draft capital, they’re looking at drafting late teens/early 20’s for the foreseeable future.

The bar is so low because of TS, that anything, even a one year wonder, looks like a franchise. FFS, we have people stoked about a game manager's completion percentage...
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

deep breath. . . VJ is our head coach. . . we're gonna have a top ten pick next year, too. . .

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The bar is so low because of TS, that anything, even a one year wonder, looks like a franchise. FFS, we have people stoked about a game manager's completion percentage...
    What hit me today is that there are Broncos fans that are actually excited about a Kubiak protege, which probably means a return to that dink and dunk offense that had so many fans pulling their hair out 2-3 years ago.

This is a Kubiak guy, how am I the one saying pump the brakes instead of the other way around?

I’m incredulous at this point, it feels like we’re getting CK confused with Cousins, even though he is galactically overrated too.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

IF they are "in position to take one."

#1 - None of these prospects stands out as a future star QB, which means none of them might ultimately become great. Some years are like that: 2013 for instance:

RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL TEAM
    1 16 EJ Manuel QB Florida State Buffalo Bills
    2 39 Geno Smith QB West Virginia New York Jets
    3 73 Mike Glennon QB North Carolina State Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    4 98 Matt Barkley QB USC Philadelphia Eagles
    4 110 Ryan Nassib QB Syracuse New York Giants
    4 112 Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas Oakland Raiders
    4 115 Landry Jones QB Oklahoma Pittsburgh Steelers
    7 221 Brad Sorensen QB Southern Utah San Diego Chargers
    7 234 Zac Dysert QB Miami (Ohio) Denver Broncos
    7 237 B.J. Daniels QB South Florida San Francisco 49ers
    7 249 Sean Renfree QB Duke Atlanta Falcons

#2 IF there is a Carson Wentz in this draft he might go #1 to Cleveland or #2 to the Giants and they aren't willing to trade that pick because they identify him as their franchise Qb. So, the Broncos might not even be in position to draft that player, even if there is one.

Then you are down to the #3 QB taken, and that is just what the Broncos drafted in 2016. Goff and Wentz were off the board #1 and #2 and the Broncos got the "next best" QB off the board at #26, only that was Paxton Lynch. Obviously that doesn't always work out.

If you aren't sure, then don't draft a guy at #5. That is way too high to swing and miss!

Another point: we don't know what Case Keenum will be here in Denver. If he plays like he did in 2017 they Broncos will sign him to a long-term deal. If not, they certainly won't be drafting in the 20's! More likely the top 10 again next season.

And they will then be in position to take another stab at QB.
    So, unless Elway is SURE, he'd better pass. He's staking his career on this one. Three strikes and you're out! Strike 1 was Brock. Strike 2 Paxton. . . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It’s Case ... Keenum!
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Another point: we don't know what Case Keenum will be here in Denver. If he plays like he did in 2017 they Broncos will sign him to a long-term deal. If not, they certainly won't be drafting in the 20's! More likely the top 10 again next season.

So, unless Elway is SURE, he'd better pass. He's staking his career on this one. Three strikes and you're out! Strike 1 was Brock. Strike 2 Paxton. . . . .
    Once again, Paxton has played all of four (4) regular season games in the NFL.

The jury is still out . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

And IMHO that is the only point that matters. Keenum signing has a risk factor. If he fails we are in the same boat next year but with a better oline (hopefully), a youth injection on D and most importantly...another season under Lynch's belt to assess him. If he succeeds we already have the groundwork to make a real run.

We just signed a guy who had a good season and have 2 youngsters who still need evaluated. Why toss another rookie in the mix right now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I have my doubts about Keenum as well but with Lynch and Kelly still on the team im not convinced that Denver wastes a pick at #5 on a QB. Maybe later in the draft but it would be foolish to take yet another QB in the first round this year.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have my doubts about Keenum as well but with Lynch and Kelly still on the team im not convinced that Denver wastes a pick at #5 on a QB. Maybe later in the draft but it would be foolish to take yet another QB in the first round this year.
    There's where we agree. I will be mildly surprised if the Broncos select a QB with their #5.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

17. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    We will kick the can down the road.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information