Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Signing Keenum Opens the Draft Vault Doors

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Wow feel free to continue emo rants. Youre all in on a guy who has multiple warts. Youre willing to gloss those to fit your agenda but we cant use the same standard to prop the guy who just had a fantastic season and got to the nfc championship game? The guy who had the best qbr under pressure in the league last year? That stat speaks volumes. He was top 10 of all qb in the league since 2009 in that category. That is moxy and by no means a fluke.
    The problem is that one wart is self-correcting and the over is over-exaggerated. In the other scenario, it's nothing but warts. Everyone wants to blow CK for last year but who cares about the fact that he was utter trash in the playoffs? He did well under pressure. How's he done in his entire career? Don't fall in love with a player over one year, especially when that golden year is that of a game manager.

Ugh. Moxy.
    Okay then again let's use an equal playing field why don't you tell me what Josh Rosen career record was at UCLA. As far as I remember the only winning season they had while he was there was eight and five three years ago and they've gotten progressively worse since then.

I will never understand why you want to rely so much on collegiate records. A.J. McCarron isn't at the top of my list, is he at yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I will never understand why you want to rely so much on collegiate records. A.J. McCarron isn't at the top of my list, is he at yours?
    I think it's fair to ask why UCLA was a pretty good football team until Rosen got there. And it's pretty easy to take a look at the starters in the league from last year and evaluate how many of those guys were good Collegiate players on good collegiate teams.

If Denver lands Solder, I would love if Saquon Barkley made it to 5 and headed to Denver.

Haven't seen a mock where that happens - and he's probably headed to Cleveland - but a dynamic every-down runner on the team would be so refreshing.

It's far-fetched but unsure getting the (theoretical) 3rd best QB on the board in this particular draft at 5 excites me...
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 03-13-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    If Denver lands Solder, I would love if Saquon Barkley made it to 5 and headed to Denver.

Haven't seen a mock where that happens - and he's probably headed to Cleveland - but a dynamic every-down runner on the team would be so refreshing.

It's far-fetched but unsure getting the 3rd best QB on the board at 5 excites me.
    I can't get too excited about taking a running back with the fifth overall pick no matter how impressive he looked at the combine. When you look at the value that was had into the third round last year it makes me lean towards offensive line or potentially a Bradley Chubb with the fifth overall pick

I can't get too excited about taking a running back with the fifth overall pick no matter how impressive he looked at the combine. When you look at the value that was had into the third round last year it makes me lean towards offensive line or potentially a Bradley Chubb with the fifth overall pick
    Assuming the Broncos lose out on Solder to the freewheeling Browns I could get behind Quenton Nelson as the pick - especially if a couple draft picks could be mined trading back a bit.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Assuming the Broncos lose out on Solder to the freewheeling Browns I could get behind Quenton Nelson as the pick - especially if a couple draft picks could be mined trading back a bit.
    I believe Cameron Flemming is still available, so we're not out of tackle options yet...but getting really close. Could also go with a OG in FA (Sitton, Mewhort) and draft a tackle.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I didn't think Cousins would be worth the money, so I'm ok with getting Keenum for less even if he may not be a great long-term option. I would have preferred Bridgewater.

I don't want QB anymore at 5 though. Either trade back and get a couple of picks in the first, or stay and get O-line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Just pick, at whatever selection, the player that will add the most wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Just pick, at whatever selection, the player that will add the most wins.
    Long term or short term, or a combo?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Long term or short term, or a combo?
    If you believe there are championship windows, then optimize for those, otherwise overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Kinger

I think it's fair to ask why UCLA was a pretty good football team until Rosen got there. And went downhill after he arrived. And it's pretty easy to take a look at the starters in the league from last year and evaluate how many of those guys were good Collegiate players on good collegiate teams.

Kinger

I think it's fair to ask why UCLA was a pretty good football team until Rosen got there. And went downhill after he arrived. And it's pretty easy to take a look at the starters in the league from last year and evaluate how many of those guys were good Collegiate players on good collegiate teams.
    They went downhill because of him? They were pretty good several years before him - that much I remember. But, in regards to them going downhill because of him, no. He was a three year starter - in 2016, his middle year, he got hurt. They couldn't overcome that. So we're done to two years. Last year, so we're clear, you want to pin that on him? And the year before that, I believe they actually were a disappointment. So again, I hope that you're realizing that your arguments about the best draft prospect in the class are, well, horrible. But, because you bring up the point, and because I love you, I'll continue.

I don't care about winning in college because just about every Heisman did that, and most of those guys were busts. I don't care about winning because A.J. McCarron, who had/has an NFL caliber arm, was a great winner, and he wasn't a top flight prospect. You're comparing apples to oranges. The reason why the playoffs matter so much for Keenum is because a massive portion of the argument for him is 'look at how well he played last year'. Well, he shit he the bed in the playoffs, which is part of last year. Tebow, Young, Bush, Leinart, Dorsey, etc were all winners. Can you not think of great NFL players who didn't win in college? How many winners in college played at 'Bama and sucked or underachieved in the league?

I keep asking why it matters, and you can tell me why it's fair, but you can't show me what it proves. Or, what it suggests.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Kinger

They went downhill because of him? They were pretty good several years before him - that much I remember. But, in regards to them going downhill because of him, no. He was a three year starter - in 2016, his middle year, he got hurt. They couldn't overcome that. So we're done to two years. Last year, so we're clear, you want to pin that on him? And the year before that, I believe they actually were a disappointment. So again, I hope that you're realizing that your arguments about the best draft prospect in the class are, well, horrible. But, because you bring up the point, and because I love you, I'll continue.

I don't care about winning in college because just about every Heisman did that, and most of those guys were busts. I don't care about winning because A.J. McCarron, who had/has an NFL caliber arm, was a great winner, and he wasn't a top flight prospect. You're comparing apples to oranges. The reason why the playoffs matter so much for Keenum is because a massive portion of the argument for him is 'look at how well he played last year'. Well, he shit he the bed in the playoffs, which is part of last year. Tebow, Young, Bush, Leinart, Dorsey, etc were all winners. Can you not think of great NFL players who didn't win in college? How many winners in college played at 'Bama and sucked or underachieved in the league?

I keep asking why it matters, and you can tell me why it's fair, but you can't show me what it proves. Or, what it suggests.
    Im saying other than Goff show me one qb in the league whose teams have been consistently bad and has then turned into a winner in the nfl. And it isnt concidence that they were good for 5 years prior to Him signing and then got bad. Im not saying that every good college qb is a good nfl qb. Exactly the opposite. Almost every good nfl qb was a winner collegiately.

Im saying other than Goff show me one qb in the league whose teams have been consistently bad and has then turned into a winner in the nfl. And it isnt concidence that they were good for 5 years prior to Him signing and then got bad. Im not saying that every good college qb is a good nfl qb. Exactly the opposite. Almost every good nfl qb was a winner collegiately.
    John Elway is the most obvious response to this.

You cannot blame a team's issues on a single player. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the same coach who was there before him was at fault? Do you recall any of the woes about the team? Do you know anything about the team other then the name of it? Because from the sound of it, I think you're creatively trying to invent a reason to knock the guy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information