Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Signing Keenum Opens the Draft Vault Doors

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Signing a QB actually opens the floodgates for a trade. I can see the Bills trading both of their 1st and then some to us IF their guy falls to #5.

Part of me wants us to trade up and get Barkley. Means CJ would be gone but we do have enough ammo to actually pull something like that off. I doubt the Browns do that with #1 though and I don't see Elway giving up alot of picks.

AND still have enough to sign a DT like Poe, go get a TE or maybe even Nate Solder. Who knows but it opens up alot of scenarios for us.

Wouldn't be shocked if we don't even draft a QB until the 3rd day of the draft. All signs point to keeping Paxton and giving Kelly a legit shot at earning that #2 spot.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Solder has already signed with somebody. I believe he's overrated,
    anyway. Would love to get Poe, which is a realistic possibility now. Wouldn't be surprised if
    Barkley is the overall #1 since Cleveland has signed a QB and can come back at #4, anyway.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Im saying other than Goff show me one qb in the league whose teams have been consistently bad and has then turned into a winner in the nfl. And it isnt concidence that they were good for 5 years prior to Him signing and then got bad. Im not saying that every good college qb is a good nfl qb. Exactly the opposite. Almost every good nfl qb was a winner collegiately.
    John Elway is the most obvious response to this.

You cannot blame a team's issues on a single player. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the same coach who was there before him was at fault? Do you recall any of the woes about the team? Do you know anything about the team other then the name of it? Because from the sound of it, I think you're creatively trying to invent a reason to knock the guy.
    Of course I'm using stats to support my opinion bro. And as much as I love John we always talk about you can't compare Generations I'm talking about in the league right now other than Jared Goff name a good quarterback for me who sucked in college or whose team sucked in college and went on to a productive NFL career. Beyond that I would say what was Stanford's record prior to and after Elway being there?

Of course I'm using stats to support my opinion bro. And as much as I love John we always talk about you can't compare Generations I'm talking about in the league right now other than Jared Goff name a good quarterback for me who sucked in college or whose team sucked in college and went on to a productive NFL career. Beyond that I would say what was Stanford's record prior to and after Elway being there?
    Steve, what is this indicative of? What does this suggest or 'prove'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think Solder has already signed with somebody. I believe he's overrated,
    anyway. Would love to get Poe, which is a realistic possibility now. Wouldn't be surprised if
    Barkley is the overall #1 since Cleveland has signed a QB and can come back at #4, anyway.
    NY Giants.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Fair question. I would compare this to the effect of antidepressants. We don't know why they work biologically, but they do. So Josh Rosen is a depressant. No what I'm saying is that UCLA was a relatively good football team for 4 years prior to rosen's arrival. They were moderately good I believe 8 and 5 during his freshman year. And got progressively worse after that. Obviously there are numerous variables that could have factored into that. Maybe Mora just lost his ability to coach. Maybe he was a terrible recruiter and once his recruiting classes started to infiltrate the program they went downhill but I would say that it's not just anecdotal to note that in today's League the only guy that was a good starter last year in the NFL whose teams were shity in college is Jared Goff. A guy who by the way after his rookie season was pretty much universally accepted as heading for bus status until Sean McVay who now is acknowledged as one of the great young minds and football took over the team and created a system to fit his skill set. Even then Jared Goff was known to have physical tools prior to last year's draft, and had none of the character personality concerns that have followed Rosen around for four years. And to be honest with you King I just like to argue
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 03-14-2018 at 11:25 PM.

6. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Fair question. I would compare this to the effect of antidepressants. We don't know why they work biologically, but they do. So Josh Rosen is a depressant. No what I'm saying is that UCLA was a relatively good football team for 4 years prior to rosen's arrival. They were moderately good I believe 8 and 5 during his freshman year. And got progressively worse after that. Obviously there are numerous variables that could have factored into that. Maybe Mora just lost his ability to coach. Maybe he was a terrible recruiter and once his recruiting classes started to infiltrate the program they went downhill but I would say that it's not just anecdotal to note that in today's League the only guy that was a good starter last year in the NFL whose teams were shity in college is Jared Goff. A guy who by the way after his rookie season was pretty much universally accepted as heading for bus status until Sean McVay who now is acknowledged as one of the great young minds and football took over the team and created a system to fit his skill set. Even then Jared Goff was known to have physical tools prior to last year's draft, and had none of the character personality concerns that have followed Rosen around for four years. And to be honest with you King I just like to argue
    They were a good football team. They kept the same coach. Look at the diggity dayum coach! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

The teammates at UCLA were on record as of liking him. I don't know what to say to you other than that. Regarding his personality, he's a type a alpha male who challenges his teammates and his coaches. He's a football genius who devours film, and understands the game on a systemic level. He's got a good arm. He can make all the throws. He's mechanically strong. He needs to gain a few pounds in muscle, which many QB's end up doing. He had a shoulder injury and a concussion.

He's the best player in the draft. I know that we like to pump up offensive lineman, but a guard is a guard. They don't matter unless you have a QB. He should be the number one pick in the draft, and if the Browns and Giants pass on him they're sorry. If Elway passes on him to draft a lineman he should be fired for incomptency. The only reason this guy isn't being touted as the number one QB in the draft is because of reasons I can't get into here.

Here's the shorter version - you're a bad person and you kick children!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Let’s be real here, children are ass holes.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

That's not nice. I made up my mind a long time ago I wasn't going to grow up, and now look what you're calling me . . .
    Last edited by topscribe; 03-15-2018 at 10:41 AM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    They were a good football team. They kept the same coach. Look at the diggity dayum coach! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

The teammates at UCLA were on record as of liking him. I don't know what to say to you other than that. Regarding his personality, he's a type a alpha male who challenges his teammates and his coaches. He's a football genius who devours film, and understands the game on a systemic level. He's got a good arm. He can make all the throws. He's mechanically strong. He needs to gain a few pounds in muscle, which many QB's end up doing. He had a shoulder injury and a concussion.

He's the best player in the draft. I know that we like to pump up offensive lineman, but a guard is a guard. They don't matter unless you have a QB. He should be the number one pick in the draft, and if the Browns and Giants pass on him they're sorry. If Elway passes on him to draft a lineman he should be fired for incomptency. The only reason this guy isn't being touted as the number one QB in the draft is because of reasons I can't get into here.

Here's the shorter version - you're a bad person and you kick children!

You could have saved yourself a ton of typing and just stuck to the personal attacks. You do better in that arena haha So subjectively speaking you are telling me he's the best player in the draft. Subjectively speaking I am saying I am not convinced that he is the best qb in the draft let alone player. I cant evaluate all the dynamics that led to the aforementioned decline during his era but it truly concerns me. As does his build. And his genetic disposition toward bedazzled spandex and ice skates. And your breath is horrid due to bad hygiene. Pull it together man

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

And his genetic disposition toward bedazzled spandex and ice skates.
    It works for that one QB in New England.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I wanted Solder because he is a good tackle but to be honest part of it was sentimental reasons as he went to my towns high school.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Please elaborate.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Joe is right. King really is slipping. I feel like the name should be von duker or von cabinet member. King hmmm

Von Jester.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Jackson just stated that Taylor is the qb for the browns in 2018. There will be no competition

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information