Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Signing Keenum Opens the Draft Vault Doors

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    If Keenum had more of a body of work than one season, I'd be fine with it. As it is, I see a guy with one year of production nearly identical to Bridgewater and Bradford, but we didn't get the HC/OC/QB coaches, we got a player. Outside of that HC/OC/QB coaching situation, it's been grim, and it's not all Jeff Fischer's fault.

We know Keenum can be solid in the right situation, with a decent offense around him and good coaching. Let's hope that's what he'll get in Denver.
    Well, we don't have a great defense, but if the offense does something that production on defense goes up. It helps the pass rushers when you have...a...lead...I remember those things.

Beh. Meh. Bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I already covered all of this...I'm not typing it all again. Enjoy what is apparently the worst day of your life, bro.
    The problem was that you didn't make a point the first time. I hope you have a splendid day.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    The problem was that you didn't make a point the first time. I hope you have a splendid day.
    Jesus Christ himself couldn't make a valid point to you today

Jesus Christ himself couldn't make a valid point to you today
    We don't speak the same language, so I'm not certain he would be able to. I understand your arguments. They're just not very good or substantiated on substance and merit. I'm sorry.

Was hoping for Cousins, but with Keenum's ties to Kubiak this seemed more likely. Hope he isn't a 1-year wonder, but obviously the Vikings didn't have confidence in him which isn't a great sign.

Also seems to show that Denver has fallen as a desire-able destination - which is more than fair considering the grease fire of last season and our current coaching staff.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 03-13-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Adopted Bronco:

We don't speak the same language, so I'm not certain he would be able to. I understand your arguments. They're just not very good or substantiated on substance and merit. I'm sorry.
    So giving you information on how the coaches, players and local media all revered Keenum as a player and leader isn't substantial? How the previous systems he played in and failed in also had other "failed" Qb's that eventually played better outside of them isn't substantial?

I guess I'm curious as to what information would be substantial enough to you to validate this is NOT a bad short term answer to a HUGE problem.

So giving you information on how the coaches, players and local media all revered Keenum as a player and leader isn't substantial? How the previous systems he played in and failed in also had other "failed" Qb's that eventually played better outside of them isn't substantial?

I guess I'm curious as to what information would be substantial enough to you to validate this is NOT a bad short term answer to a HUGE problem.
    The coaches mostly don't want him around, per him moving around the league. I don't think that's a substantial point in your favor. I don't think being loved in a locker room matters if you're not good, per the TS example. The last point is relevant, but let's add in that other QB's looked good in that system in Minny, and it was the only time he's been good.

To defend him, you're giving him reasons why he didn't do well, but not reasons why he's good. There's a difference. The problem is that this isn't a problem that needs a short term answer. This is half baked. I don't think he's very good, and I don't think that he's what the situation calls for.

King your argument is just not a very good one.

Sure, one of the big 4 QBs may be there. Lets say for example that they only like 2 of them worthy of a top 5 pick. Lets just say 3 to make it easier for you. Lets say they like ROsen, Mayfield and Allen.

Allen goes 1 to cleveland. Rosen 2 to giants, Miami, Bills, saints, Jets, etc trade up with Colts or Cleveland to take Allen, now we are wasting a #5 on a QB. They know more about the QBs then we do. If say Darnold is going to be a bust, by your logic we should still draft him at 5..........What a waste. And if we do not, which is the smart move, then what??? Go into the season with Lynch and Kelly?

Lynch and Kelly? Really???
    That would be impossible. We cannot wager the entire next season on the hopes that the QB we like falls to us and if not, we roll with Lynch and Kelly. You know this.

Maybe we can trade up. Maybe not. Maybe it will cost too much. What if buffalo wants to give us 12 and 22 and their 2nd and 3rd....Id take that deal!!!!! But we wont have our boy rosen then. We will have Lamar or Rudolph or someone and a shit ton other picks to build our team.

Lets say we do draft Rosen. He starts for us and leads us to 12 -0 to start the season. Then he gets hurt, IR. Do we then try and maintain 1st seed with Lynch or Kelly? Or do we do what the Vikings just did?
    This signing made all the sense in the world. This was the right move by any measuring standard.

#bringbackthestyle
    #kinglosthismojo
    #stylemojobacktoking
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

The coaches mostly don't want him around, per him moving around the league. I don't think that's a substantial point in your favor. I don't think being loved in a locker room matters if you're not good, per the TS example. The last point is relevant, but let's add in that other QB's looked good in that system in Minny, and it was the only time he's been good.

To defend him, you're giving him reasons why he didn't do well, but not reasons why he's good. There's a difference. The problem is that this isn't a problem that needs a short term answer. This is half baked. I don't think he's very good, and I don't think that he's what the situation calls for.

I agree. I do not think he is very good either. He is what the situation calls for though. Cheap, serviceable QB.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I agree. I do not think he is very good either. He is what the situation calls for though. Cheap, serviceable QB.
    He's a backup making starter money. The situation called for one of two things: Cousins or getting a round one QB and letting him play. If you want (read, Elway) wanted to be a contender, we were better off keeping the defense intact and going to old Steelers/Jets way of life with a young Big Ben, Sanchez (remember when he looked promising,) Flacco, et al.

This, this was shit.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    King your argument is just not a very good one.

Sure, one of the big 4 QBs may be there. Lets say for example that they only like 2 of them worthy of a top 5 pick. Lets just say 3 to make it easier for you. Lets say they like ROsen, Mayfield and Allen.

Allen goes 1 to cleveland. Rosen 2 to giants, Miami, Bills, saints, Jets, etc trade up with Colts or Cleveland to take Allen, now we are wasting a #5 on a QB. They know more about the QBs then we do. If say Darnold is going to be a bust, by your logic we should still draft him at 5..........What a waste. And if we do not, which is the smart move, then what??? Go into the season with Lynch and Kelly?

Lynch and Kelly? Really???
    That would be impossible. We cannot wager the entire next season on the hopes that the QB we like falls to us and if not, we roll with Lynch and Kelly. You know this.

Maybe we can trade up. Maybe not. Maybe it will cost too much. What if buffalo wants to give us 12 and 22 and their 2nd and 3rd....Id take that deal!!!!! But we wont have our boy rosen then. We will have Lamar or Rudolph or someone and a shit ton other picks to build our team.

Lets say we do draft Rosen. He starts for us and leads us to 12 -0 to start the season. Then he gets hurt, IR. Do we then try and maintain 1st seed with Lynch or Kelly? Or do we do what the Vikings just did?
    This signing made all the sense in the world. This was the right move by any measuring standard.

#bringbackthestyle
    #kinglosthismojo
    #stylemojobacktoking
    No, that's not my logic. My point was that one can't say 'we're going to get the third best QB' when we don't know which one that is, or which one we want. I also added that sometimes you have to trade up and get your guy. I know that's not attractive and hurts short term, but welcome to the NFL. I'm sure the Rams and Eagles are happy with what they did.

So, with all due respect my friend, mind what I actually said.

With regards to backup QB's, why am I anchored with only Kelly or Lynch in this scenario? How much do you think Brocks going to get? Or McGown?

F- post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I continually have F- posts.
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    fify
    I'm putting you on ignore and going to go eat a pint (or four) of ice cream.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I'm putting you on ignore and going to go eat a pint (or four) of ice cream.
    A growing boy needs more than ice cream.

I recommend 4 double cheeseburgers and large fries, then ice cream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    A growing boy needs more than ice cream.

I recommend 4 double cheeseburgers and large fries, then ice cream.
    Or ARBY'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information