Page 39 of 65 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont remember Steve McNair sucking or am i missing something there?
    Vince Young also had some success. Goff also had played with no LT the year prior, got a season to learn, and then got an entirely new offense. But no, it couldn't be that a rookie player might improve, or that a new system from a new offensive coach was a main reason as to why what happened happened!?

I'm sure the defensive head coach had a ton to do with developing his QB. And I'm sure an inconsistent Nick Foles had no accountability in his poor play there, either. Or that the personnel he played with had no impact, either.

Nope - everything just cuts CK's way because #logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Do you realize that was not snark. I was actually confused by reading your comment. That's all. Carry on!
    That wasn't your benefit, Cugel.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

CK had an Alex Smith season - that is not great. 22 TDs is not, nor will it ever be great. The ratio CK had was that of what you would want from a game manager. Regarding a logical reason he has to regress - he doesn't have to, but going to a worse team won't do him any favors.
    The team they have on the field right now is significantly worse, but Denver is playing in a division that is WAY WORSE than the NFC North. There is no Aaron Rogers in this division where the Broncos now have the 2nd best QB in the division behind Phillip Rivers, but Denver's defense is better.

The Raiders watched Derek Carr tank like fury in 2017 and brought Chucky in to help. I don't know why that is supposed to be a brilliant Idea. He hasn't been a coach in 10 years. I maintain until proven wrong that you can't leave a job for that long and then just jump back in and pick up right where you left off. Not even if you were "hanging around" the sport commenting.

I think the Raiders are toast.

That leaves the Chiefs. Pat Mahomes might be a great QB but he's a rookie starter now. Keenum will be better this year as Mahomes learns NFL defenses. Plus the Chiefs just got rid of their two best players in Alex Smith and Marcus Peters. I don't see how that helps them at all this season. Advantage Broncos.

I can't see a single reason the Broncos can't win the division this year. The Chargers are likely to be their biggest threat and everything will depend on ELway strengthening the OL so that Keenum can have the best chance to do well.

But, assuming they do that and maybe pick up a couple of weapons in the draft, yes, I do see the Broncos winning the division.

As for the SB in the next 2 years, that's unlikely due to the paucity of talent on the roster. But, what if Roethlisberger and Brady retire after this season? That could easily happen no matter what Brady keeps saying now. In October 2014 Peyton indignantly replied "of course!" in answer to a question about whether he would play out his contract, which ran through the 2016 season. Then he tore a tendon in his foot and was never well again and he retired after the SB , one year short.

If both of those guys are gone in 2019 what would the Broncos chances be then? There are no obvious successors to either right now which means the Conference Championship would be wide open for the first time in more than a decade with no Manning, Brady or Roethlisberger in the way.

There is no Goff or Wentz - up and coming star QBs in the AFC, at least none are obvious right now.
    Last edited by Cugel; 03-17-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Vince Young also had some success. Goff also had played with no LT the year prior, got a season to learn, and then got an entirely new offense. But no, it couldn't be that a rookie player might improve, or that a new system from a new offensive coach was a main reason as to why what happened happened!?

I'm sure the defensive head coach had a ton to do with developing his QB. And I'm sure an inconsistent Nick Foles had no accountability in his poor play there, either. Or that the personnel he played with had no impact, either.

Nope - everything just cuts CK's way because #logical.
    You completely lose me when you indicate even the slightest little bit that Jeff Fisher isn't a terrible coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    The team they have on the field right now is significantly worse, but Denver is playing in a division that is WAY WORSE than the NFC North. There is no Aaron Rogers in this division where the Broncos now have the 2nd best QB in the division behind Phillip Rivers, but Denver's defense is better.

The Raiders watched Derek Carr tank like fury in 2017 and brought Chucky in to help. I don't know why that is supposed to be a brilliant Idea. He hasn't been a coach in 10 years. I maintain until proven wrong that you can't leave a job for that long and then just jump back in and pick up right where you left off. Not even if you were "hanging around" the sport commenting.

I think the Raiders are toast.

That leaves the Chiefs. Pat Mahomes might be a great QB but he's a rookie starter now. Keenum will be better this year as Mahomes learns NFL defenses. Advantage Broncos.

I can't see a single reason the Broncos can't win the division this year. The Chargers are likely to be their biggest threat and everything will depend on ELway strengthening the OL so that Keenum can have the best chance to do well.

But, assuming they do that and maybe pick up a couple of weapons in the draft, yes, I do see the Broncos winning the division.

As for the SB in the next 2 years, that's unlikely due to the paucity of talent on the roster. But, what if Roethlisberger and Brady retire after this season? That could easily happen no matter what Brady keeps saying now. In October 2014 Peyton indignantly replied "of course!" in answer to a question about whether he would play out his contract, which ran through the 2016 season. Then he tore a tendon in his foot and was never well again and he retired after the SB , one year short.

If both of those guys are gone in 2019 what would the Broncos chances be then? There are no obvious successors to either right now which means the Conference Championship would be wide open for the first time in more than a decade with no Manning, Brady or Roethlisberger in the way.
    Denver's defense was better. Denver's defense is not aging gracefully, and to be honest, optimism about our defense had better occur after/if we add to it, not retract from it.

I don't know why Oakland did what it did - lightning in a bottle, selling tickets, etc. Those are guesses. Maybe he can still coach, but Gruden doesn't look like the guy I'd want right now.

The Chiefs have a rookie QB and they've lost some on offense. But, unlike what we have, their QB has some upside, and showed flashes of greatness last year. CK had some flashes of...above averageness.

So sure, we win the division, let's go with it. Then what? What good team do we beat? It doesn't look like NE. We hope Bortles is especially bad and luck out vs. Jax? Maybe Pittsburgh stumbles? Delaying a rebuild/adding a real QB to the roster for winning a weak division/WC contention isn't a great idea. Especially when, you know, we could have just drafted one of the two NFL ready QB's and added to the defense. That idea would have made much more sense than a one year wonder whose wonder of one year wasn't all that wonderful.

It is what it is man. I hope the team becomes something more than a listless and tepid 'contender'.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    You completely lose me when you indicate even the slightest little bit that Jeff Fisher isn't a terrible coach.
    I don't think that's what I said at all. I just gave a rebuttal to an argument that was deeply flawed.

Ask me what I think of JF. Do it. I dare you!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I don't think that's what I said at all. I just gave a rebuttal to an argument that was deeply flawed.

Ask me what I think of JF. Do it. I dare you!
    Proceed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Proceed
    The game passed him by greatly and he is no longer a capable HC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I concur

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Cannot believe i am actually witnessing people comparing Keenum with Elway. Bwhahahahahahahaha
    I cannot believe that some people cannot think more deeply than to draw the "comparisons" card.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I cannot believe that some people cannot think more deeply than to draw the "comparisons" card.
    I know, im still baffled why anyone would bring up Elway as a comparison.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

You saw TS hit a few deep outs -it was one of his worst passes. And he was plenty horrible. Elway had some great seasons. Peyton had great seasons. They were both clearly great players. CK had one okay season, not great, two bad playoff games, and isn't obviously great. My argument stands with the facts. I'm sorry that you don't see it that way.
    Oh gee, King. Were it not for you, I would have never known Elway and Peyton were great players.

And please do not put words into my mouth. I did not call Keenum "great." In fact, I despise the
    way that term is thrown around so loosely. But I don't consider Keenum as lowly as you apparently
    do. And the entire Broncos FO disagrees with you. There seems one big difference between you and
    me: I admit I may be wrong. You come across as declaring to be right. So we can just agree to
    disagree on that point, and I feel pretty good about it.
    Last edited by topscribe; 03-17-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I know, im still baffled why anyone would bring up Elway as a comparison.
    Because he is the Standard. In other words, sometimes even the greatest [fill in the rest]. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Oh gee, King. Were it not for you, I would have never known Elway and Peyton were great players.

And please do not put words into my mouth. I did not call Keenum "great." In fact, I despise the
    way that term is thrown around so loosely. But I don't consider Keenum as lowly as you apparently
    do. And the entire Broncos FO disagrees with you. There seems one big difference between you and
    me: I admit I may be wrong. You come across as declaring to be right. So we can just agree to
    disagree on that point, and I feel pretty good about it.
    I didn't say that you said he was great - I was giving reasons why you stance was wrong. When you say 'good thing we didn't get rid of Elway after bad playoff performances' and apply that to CK then CK has to be along the lines of Elway. You have to have a comparison that is analogous. The Broncos FO disagreed with me about TS. They disagreed with me about cutting Ward and Talib. They agreed with me about signing PFM, Ware, etc. We're fans - to have nothing to debate would make the board meaningless.

15. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I didn't say that you said he was great - I was giving reasons why you stance was wrong. When you say 'good thing we didn't get rid of Elway after bad playoff performances' and apply that to CK then CK has to be along the lines of Elway. You have to have a comparison that is analogous. The Broncos FO disagreed with me about TS. They disagreed with me about cutting Ward and Talib. They agreed with me about signing PFM, Ware, etc. We're fans - to have nothing to debate would make the board meaningless.
    See that's where you misunderstood. You apparently missed my response to North. When one
    says something to the effect of "even the greatest . . . ," one isn't necessarily putting another
    on their level. You apparently have me putting Keenum on Elway's level. So you missed my
    point. Maybe that's my fault, I dunno. *shrugs*

Anyway, good debate. It was fun. Now I'm ready just to agree to disagree.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information