Page 28 of 65 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos will sign Case Keenum, per Schefter

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Sheldon Richardson and Poe are both still on the market as well. Last offseason, we really wanted Campbell. The offseason before, money dictated Wolfe was kept over Jackson. Elway definitely knows there needs to be a playmaker in the interior pass rush, and Suh is a guy who would obviously fit that mold. I just don't see us being in on him due to the alleged locker room issues in Miami. Basically, he was their Talib down there, and Elway literally just sent Talib packing.

The price tags still get in the way as well. Elway had $29 million heading into free agency. Keenum will cost roughly $18 million this year, Todd Davis roughly $2-$6m, Trumaine Brock $4 million, which left Elway with around $2-4 million to spend prior to this move. Now with $14-$16 million in cap space, this opens up signing one of the DTs, but not anybody that is going to run over $8 million a year. There's the extra $4.5 million available from cutting/trading CJ, and $6 million from June 1st cutting Watson, but I don't anticipate either one of these moves being made until much later in the offseason. Elway is likely going to draft a tackle, and leverage Watson into a pay cut.

It's possible the D-Line contract bubble has finally burst, and Poe/Richardson will be in the $8-$10m range, but Suh is definitely going to command at least Campbell's contract from last offseason. From what I've read, the Jets and Richardson still have a mutual positive relationship not to mention a crap ton of $$$ to spend, so I'd expect Richardson to end up with $10 million APY as well. That leaves Poe as the only guy we have a shot at signing to a reasonable deal, but I could be wrong.
    Initial cap money was more in the $35 mil range after the Talib trade

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Over the cap and spotrac need to hurry the crap up and get updated lol. Then we can get a more accurate idea of where we are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Overthecap had it at $29.9 mil: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Overthecap had it at $29.9 mil: https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/denver-broncos
    They confuse me. Before the Talib deal AND the cap rollover, they showed us with 23.4. The rollover should have left us at 34.4 and the Tailb trade should have pushed us to th 44 range. Now they say 29. I'm confused.

They confuse me. Before the Talib deal AND the cap rollover, they showed us with 23.4. The rollover should have left us at 34.4 and the Tailb trade should have pushed us to th 44 range. Now they say 29. I'm confused.
    We should still have around $20m by my guestimation, but we'll see where it really ends up.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    We should still have around $20m by my guestimation, but we'll see where it really ends up.
    20-23 was what I thought, but who knows.

20-23 was what I thought, but who knows.
    And if we cut watson and or CJ that number could grow to nearly $30 again.

Adopted Bronco:

I dont see us cutting Watson unless we sign a replacement. And I think CJ sticks around until at least the draft.

Spotrac has us at $38 before keenum and Tremaine (but after signing draft picks and Von's discount double check) According to that IF Keenum's cap hit is $18 (it should be according to my estimation closer to 12.5) then we're at $16m. If it's 12.5 as I believe it should be (since he only has $25M guaranteed towards cap over 2 years) Then it should be roughly $21M. Tremaine's deal is also said to be incentivised, so it likely will not be $4M as I figured into my estimates.

If we Cut Watson and Anderson that gets us up to $29, we could also restructure DT to get about another $3M and land at $32.

That would be enough to make a run at several more key pieces such as Richardson/Poe/Suh, Honey Badger, Eric Decker and a TE (I believe Ebron and Efiert are out there, if we signed Eifert, my fantasy football team would be named Eifert out my Butt in honor of our two TE's I know I'm childish, don't care, Eifert and Butt would give a wealth of childish jokes to me)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Spotrac has us at $38 before keenum and Tremaine (but after signing draft picks and Von's discount double check) According to that IF Keenum's cap hit is $18 (it should be according to my estimation closer to 12.5) then we're at $16m. If it's 12.5 as I believe it should be (since he only has $25M guaranteed towards cap over 2 years) Then it should be roughly $21M. Tremaine's deal is also said to be incentivised, so it likely will not be $4M as I figured into my estimates.

If we Cut Watson and Anderson that gets us up to $29, we could also restructure DT to get about another $3M and land at $32.

That would be enough to make a run at several more key pieces such as Richardson/Poe/Suh, Honey Badger, Eric Decker and a TE (I believe Ebron and Efiert are out there, if we signed Eifert, my fantasy football team would be named Eifert out my Butt in honor of our two TE's I know I'm childish, don't care, Eifert and Butt would give a wealth of childish jokes to me)
    Did their number include the money for Paradis anf Barrett?

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Youre both wrong. It is Rosen.

We know Elway likes QBs similar to himself. Rosen is the most closely alike (aside from Allen who is like Lynch -which we wont do again).
    REmember, we heard all about how much the Broncos liked Wentz. We heard all about how much the broncos liked the cowboys QB (who is meh like I said he would be waver)
    We have heard how they like Baker, we have heard how they like Allen. We have not heard a peep, a single peep about Rosen. (To be fair we have not heard one about Darnold either).

Why is this? I think because they really really like him. He is imo the best QB in this draft and like I said, I think the best since Rodgers.
    Rosen will be gone by pick 2.

Allen is not Lynch. Allen is an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They’re keeping Todd Davis, I hear, so no.
    I had a down moment yesterday when I read an article discussing two of our three best ILB’s. We were spoiled by Marshall and Trevaithan.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Rosen will be gone by pick 2.

Allen is not Lynch. Allen is an adult.
    Allen is lynch in regards to not being polished. NOt ready to play right away. Has all of the physical tools but raw on the rest. He may be more grown up than lynch but they are both project QBs with big arms.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

I dont see us cutting Watson unless we sign a replacement. And I think CJ sticks around until at least the draft.
    The word is that Watson isn't fully healthy yet, so he can't be cut without an injury settlement.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Case Keenum 'not satisfied,' ready to make more memories in Denver

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — In the span of a few seconds, Case Keenum’s name became synonymous with the “Minneapolis Miracle.”

His deep throw to Stefon Diggs helped the Vikings pull off the unlikeliest of wins against the New Orleans Saints in the Divisional Round of this year’s playoffs, and Keenum has heard the resulting excitement in the months that have followed.

“Everybody I’ve talked to since the season ended — whether I’ve known them my whole life or just met them — they immediately go to where they were at when the Minneapolis Miracle happened,” Keenum told BroncosTV's Phil Milani on Thursday. “It’s a great connection to have with a lot of people.”

But as he spent his first moments at UCHealth Training Center, Keenum made it clear he is ready to turn his attention to the future.
    rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...0-e801e47d7d16

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information